Gender bias in China, the Republic of Korea, and India 1920-90 - effects of war, famine, and fertility decline
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ansley Coale & Judith Banister, 1994. "Five decades of missing females in China," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 31(3), pages 459-479, August.
- Judith Heyer, 1992. "The role of dowries and daughters' marriages in the accumulation and distribution of capital in a South Indian Community," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(4), pages 419-436, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quanbao Jiang & Shuzhuo Li & Marcus Feldman, 2011. "Demographic Consequences of Gender Discrimination in China: Simulation Analysis of Policy Options," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(4), pages 619-638, August.
- Smriti Rao & Kade Finnoff, 2015. "Marriage Migration and Inequality in India, 1983–2008," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 41(3), pages 485-505, September.
- Olga Shemyakina, 2009. "The Marriage Market and Tajik Armed Conflict," HiCN Working Papers 66, Households in Conflict Network.
- Farre, Lidia, 2013. "The role of men in the economic and social development of women : implications for gender equality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6323, The World Bank.
- Mu, Ren & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2008. "Gender difference in the long-term impact of famine:," IFPRI discussion papers 760, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2014.
"Schooling, Violent Conflict, and Gender in Burundi,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(2), pages 384-411.
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2011. "Schooling, Violent Conflict and Gender in Burundi," Working Papers CEB 11-043, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Verwimp, Philip & Van Bavel, Jan, 2013. "Schooling, violent conflict, and gender in Burundi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6418, The World Bank.
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2011. "Schooling, Violent Conglict and Gender in Burundi," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2011-030, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2011. "Schooling, Violent Conflict and Gender in Burundi," HiCN Working Papers 101, Households in Conflict Network.
- S. Anukriti, 2013.
"The Fertility-Sex Ratio Tradeoff: Unintended Consequences of Financial Incentives,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
827, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anukriti, S, 2014. "The Fertility-Sex Ratio Trade-off: Unintended Consequences of Financial Incentives," IZA Discussion Papers 8044, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gustavo Anríquez, 2007. "Long-Term Rural Demographic Trends," Working Papers 07-19, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Sharma, Amarendra & Frijters, Paul, 2009. "Groom price-female human capital: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 270-279, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Public Health Promotion; Population&Development; Anthropology; Demographics; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Population&Development; Anthropology; Demographics; Adolescent Health;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-11-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-1999-11-08 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HIS-1999-08-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HIS-1999-11-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-1999-08-04 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .