Gender bias in China, the Republic of Korea, and India 1920-90 - effects of war, famine, and fertility decline
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ansley Coale & Judith Banister, 1994. "Five decades of missing females in China," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 31(3), pages 459-479, August.
- Judith Heyer, 1992. "The role of dowries and daughters' marriages in the accumulation and distribution of capital in a South Indian Community," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(4), pages 419-436, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Quanbao Jiang & Shuzhuo Li & Marcus Feldman, 2011. "Demographic Consequences of Gender Discrimination in China: Simulation Analysis of Policy Options," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(4), pages 619-638, August.
- Smriti Rao & Kade Finnoff, 2015. "Marriage Migration and Inequality in India, 1983–2008," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 41(3), pages 485-505, September.
- Olga Shemyakina, 2009. "The Marriage Market and Tajik Armed Conflict," HiCN Working Papers 66, Households in Conflict Network.
- Lídia Farré, 2013.
"The Role of Men in the Economic and Social Development of Women: Implications for Gender Equality,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(1), pages 22-51, February.
- Farre, Lidia, 2013. "The role of men in the economic and social development of women : implications for gender equality," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6323, The World Bank.
- Mu, Ren & Zhang, Xiaobo, 2008. "Gender difference in the long-term impact of famine:," IFPRI discussion papers 760, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2014.
"Schooling, Violent Conflict, and Gender in Burundi,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 28(2), pages 384-411.
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2011. "Schooling, Violent Conflict and Gender in Burundi," Working Papers CEB 11-043, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Verwimp, Philip & Van Bavel, Jan, 2013. "Schooling, violent conflict, and gender in Burundi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6418, The World Bank.
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2011. "Schooling, Violent Conglict and Gender in Burundi," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2011-030, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Philip Verwimp & Jan Van Bavel, 2011. "Schooling, Violent Conflict and Gender in Burundi," HiCN Working Papers 101, Households in Conflict Network.
- S. Anukriti, 2013.
"The Fertility-Sex Ratio Tradeoff: Unintended Consequences of Financial Incentives,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
827, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Anukriti, S, 2014. "The Fertility-Sex Ratio Trade-off: Unintended Consequences of Financial Incentives," IZA Discussion Papers 8044, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gustavo Anríquez, 2007. "Long-Term Rural Demographic Trends," Working Papers 07-19, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Sharma, Amarendra & Frijters, Paul, 2009. "Groom price-female human capital: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 270-279, March.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Public Health Promotion; Population&Development; Anthropology; Demographics; Health Monitoring&Evaluation; Population&Development; Anthropology; Demographics; Adolescent Health;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-1999-11-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-1999-11-08 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-HIS-1999-08-04 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-HIS-1999-11-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-LAB-1999-08-04 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.