Privatization, corporate control and regulatory reform: the case of Telefonica
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Germa Bel & Francesc Trillas, 2004. "Privatization, Corporate Control and Regulatory Reform: The case of Telefonica," Finance 0409053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Joskow, Paul L. & Rose, Nancy L. & Shepard, Andrea., 1993. "Regulatory constraints on executive compensation," Working papers 3550-93., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- DeAngelo, Harry & DeAngelo, Linda & Gilson, Stuart C., 1996. "Perceptions and the politics of finance: Junk bonds and the regulatory seizure of First Capital Life," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 475-511, July.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-329, May.
- Trillas, Francesc, 0. "Mergers, acquisitions and control of telecommunications firms in Europe," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5-6), pages 269-286, June.
- Koski, Heli A. & Majumdar, Sumit K., 2002. "Paragons of virtue? Competitor entry and the strategies of incumbents in the U.S. local telecommunications industry," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 453-480, December.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-1177, December.
- Robison, H David & Davidson, Wallace N, III & Glascock, John L, 1995. "The Formation of Public Utility Holding Companies and Their Subsequent Diversification Activity," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 199-214, March.
- Besanko, David & D'Souza, Julia & Thiagarajan, S Ramu, 2001. "The Effect of Wholesale Market Deregulation on Shareholder Wealth in the Electric Power Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(1), pages 65-88, April.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Jean Tirole, 2001. "Competition in Telecommunications," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262621509, May.
- Trillas, Francesc, 2001. "The takeover of Enersis: the control of privatized utilities," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Antony W. Dnes & Jonathan S. Seaton, 1999. "The Regulation of British Telecom: An Event Study," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 155(4), pages 610-610, December.
- Jones, Steven L. & Megginson, William L. & Nash, Robert C. & Netter, Jeffry M., 1999. "Share issue privatizations as financial means to political and economic ends," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 217-253, August.
- Germa Bel, 2002. "Privatization: public offerings and political objectives," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(11), pages 1421-1432.
- Bel, Germa, 2003. "Confidence building and politics in privatization: some evidence from Spain," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 78(1), pages 9-16, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massón-Guerra, José Luis, 2007.
"Evolución de la Eficiencia Productiva de una empresa privatizada: El Caso del Grupo Telefónica de España
[Productive Efficiency in Telefonica]," MPRA Paper 13463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alejandro Riaño & Alberto E. Chong, 2006. "Political Environment and Privatization Prices," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1563, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Germán Horacio Cardona Vélez, 2014. "Análisis del impacto de los cambios del control corporativo sobre el valor de las empresas en América Latina," REVISTA CUADERNOS DE ECONOMÍA, UN - RCE - CID, June.
- Ganuza, Juan José & Viecens, María Fernanda, 2011. "Deployment of high-speed broadband infrastructures during the economic crisis. The case of Xarxa Oberta," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 857-870.
- John Jairo García Rendón & Diego F. Linares, 2018. "Price wars in a highly concentrated industry: Mobile communication voice services," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 016449, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Alberto Chong & Alejandro Riaño, 2006. "El entorno político y los precios de las privatizaciones," Research Department Publications 4440, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Loukas Spanos & Demetrios Papoulias, 2005. "Corporate Governance as an instrument of change state owned Corporate Governance as an instrument of change state owned companies: The case of the Hellenic Telecommunications Organization," Finance 0508004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lina M. Cortés & John J. García & David Agudelo, 2015. "Effects of Mergers and Acquisitions on Shareholder Wealth: Event Study for Latin American Airlines," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF 012453, UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT.
- Joan Calzada & Anton Costas, 2013. "“La liberalización de las telecomunicaciones en España: control de la inflación y universalización del servicio”," IREA Working Papers 201310, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised May 2013.
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i:4:p:491-510 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pau Castells & Francesc Trillas, 2008. "Political parties and the economy: Macro convergence, micro partisanship?," Working Papers 2008/1, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Pau Castells & Francesc Trillas, 2013. "The effects of surprise political events on quoted firms: the March 2004 election in Spain," SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 83-112, March.
- Judith Clifton & Francisco Comín & Daniel Díaz-Fuentes, 2011.
"From national monopoly to multinational corporation: How regulation shaped the road towards telecommunications internationalisation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(5), pages 761-781, August.
- Clifton, Judith & Díaz-Fuentes, Daniel & Comín Comín, Francisco, 2011. "From national monopoly to Multinational Corporation: how regulation shaped the road towards telecommunications internationalization," MPRA Paper 33017, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate governance Privatization Regulation Deregulation Capture;
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- L22 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Organization and Market Structure
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- P16 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Political Economy of Capitalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:29:y:2005:i:1:p:25-51. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.