Paragons of virtue? Competitor entry and the strategies of incumbents in the U.S. local telecommunications industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & Patrick Rey & Jean Tirole, 1998. "Network Competition: I. Overview and Nondiscriminatory Pricing," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 29(1), pages 1-37, Spring.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1980.
"The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 90(357), pages 95-106, March.
- Dixit, Avinash, 1979. "The Role of Investment in Entry-Deterrence," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 140, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Majumdar, Sumit K., 2000. "With a little help from my friends? Cross-subsidy and installed-base quality in the U.S. telecommunications industry," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 445-470, April.
- Bagwell, Kyle, 1990.
"Informational product differentiation as a barrier to entry,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 207-223, June.
- Kyle Bagwell, 1986. "Informational Product Differentiation as a Barrier to Entry," Discussion Papers 711, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Richard Schmalensee, 1978. "Entry Deterrence in the Ready-to-Eat Breakfast Cereal Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 9(2), pages 305-327, Autumn.
- Gaskins, Darius Jr., 1971. "Dynamic limit pricing: Optimal pricing under threat of entry," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 306-322, September.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1985. "Network Externalities, Competition, and Compatibility," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 424-440, June.
- Bunch, David S & Smiley, Robert, 1992. "Who Deters Entry? Evidence on the Use of Strategic Entry Deterrents," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(3), pages 509-521, August.
- Fudenberg, Drew & Tirole, Jean, 1984. "The Fat-Cat Effect, the Puppy-Dog Ploy, and the Lean and Hungry Look," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(2), pages 361-366, May.
- Geroski, P. A., 1995. "What do we know about entry?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 421-440, December.
- White, Halbert, 1982. "Instrumental Variables Regression with Independent Observations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(2), pages 483-499, March.
- Schwartz, M., 2000. "The Economic Logic for Conditioning Bell Entry into Long Market Distance on the Prior Opening of Local Markets," Papers 00-4, U.S. Department of Justice - Antitrust Division.
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Schwartz, Marius, 2000. "The Economic Logic for Conditioning Bell Entry into Long Distance on the Prior Opening of Local Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 247-288, November.
- Smiley, Robert, 1988. "Empirical evidence on strategic entry deterrence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 167-180.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bel, Germà & Trillas, Francesc, 2005.
"Privatization, corporate control and regulatory reform: the case of Telefonica,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 25-51, February.
- Germa Bel & Francesc Trillas, 2004. "Privatization, Corporate Control and Regulatory Reform: The case of Telefonica," Finance 0409053, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Pajarinen, Mika, 2002. "Financing of Technology-Intensive Small Business: Some Evidence on the Uniqueness of the ICT Industry," Discussion Papers 813, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Peter Lawrence & Arijit Mukherjee, 2002.
"Price-Capping Regulation as a Protectionist Strategy in Developing Countries,"
Keele Economics Research Papers
KERP 2002/18, Centre for Economic Research, Keele University.
- Peter Lawrence & Arijit Mukherjee, 2002. "Price-Capping Regulation as a Protectionist Strategy in Developing Countries," Industrial Organization 0211009, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lawrence, Peter & Arijit Mukherjee, 2003. "Price-Capping regulation as a protectionist strategy in developing countries," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 132, Royal Economic Society.
- Brown, Keith S. & Zimmerman, Paul R., 2004. "The effect of Section 271 on competitive entry into local telecommunications markets: an initial evaluation," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 215-233, June.
- Majumdar, Sumit K. & Yaylacicegi, Ulku & Moussawi, Rabih, 2012. "Mergers and synergy: Lessons from contemporary telecommunications history," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 140-154.
- Gil, Ricard & Riera-Crichton, Daniel & Ruzzier, Christian, 2016. "As Seen on TV: Price Discrimination and Competition in Television Advertising," MPRA Paper 75993, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Krouse, Clement G. & Park, Jongsur, 2003. "Local exchange competition and the Telecommunications Act of 1996," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 223-241, June.
- Aoun, Dany & Heshmati, Almas, 2006. "The Causal Relationship between Capital Structure and Cost of Capital: Evidence from ICT Companies Listed at NASDAQ," Ratio Working Papers 87, The Ratio Institute.
- Hyytinen, Ari & Pajarinen, Mika, 2005. "Financing of technology-intensive small businesses: some evidence on the uniqueness of the ICT sector," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 115-132, January.
- Jakopin, Nejc M. & Klein, Andreas, 2012. "First-mover and incumbency advantages in mobile telecommunications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 362-370.
- repec:spr:infosf:v:8:y:2006:i:3:d:10.1007_s10796-006-8781-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aoun, Dany & Hwang, Junseok, 2008. "The effects of cash flow and size on the investment decisions of ICT firms: A dynamic approach," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 120-134, June.
- Majumdar, Sumit K., 2016. "Debt and communications technology diffusion: Retrospective evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 458-474.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:iepoli:v:14:y:2002:i:4:p:453-480. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505549 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.