Advocating recycling and encouraging environmentally friendly habits through gamification: An empirical investigation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Emel Yarimoglu & Tugrul Gunay, 2020. "The extended theory of planned behavior in Turkish customers' intentions to visit green hotels," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(3), pages 1097-1108, March.
- Constantinos K. Coursaris & Konstantinos Kripintris, 2012. "Web Aesthetics and Usability: An Empirical Study of the Effects of White Space," International Journal of E-Business Research (IJEBR), IGI Global, vol. 8(1), pages 35-53, January.
- Shiu, Edward & Walsh, Gianfranco & Hassan, Louise M. & Parry, Sara, 2015. "The direct and moderating influences of individual-level cultural values within web engagement: A multi-country analysis of a public information website," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 534-541.
- Sirkka L. Jarvenpaa & Dorothy E. Leidner, 1999. "Communication and Trust in Global Virtual Teams," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 10(6), pages 791-815, December.
- Ladhari, Riadh, 2007. "The movie experience: A revised approach to determinants of satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 454-462, May.
- Geert Hofstede, 1985. "The Interaction Between National And Organizational Value Systems," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(4), pages 347-357, July.
- Fred D. Davis & Richard P. Bagozzi & Paul R. Warshaw, 1989. "User Acceptance of Computer Technology: A Comparison of Two Theoretical Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(8), pages 982-1003, August.
- Ipek Kazancoglu & Muhittin Sagnak & Sachin Kumar Mangla & Yigit Kazancoglu, 2021. "Circular economy and the policy: A framework for improving the corporate environmental management in supply chains," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(1), pages 590-608, January.
- Claudia Marcela Betancourt Morales & Jhon Wilder Zartha Sossa, 2020. "Circular economy in Latin America: A systematic literature review," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(6), pages 2479-2497, September.
- Yang, Xue, 2021. "Determinants of consumers’ continuance intention to use social recommender systems: A self-regulation perspective," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 64(C).
- Wirtz, Jochen & Bateson, John E. G., 1999. "Consumer Satisfaction with Services: Integrating the Environment Perspective in Services Marketing into the Traditional Disconfirmation Paradigm," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 55-66, January.
- Javed, Muhammad Kashif & Wu, Min, 2020. "Effects of online retailer after delivery services on repurchase intention: An empirical analysis of customersâ€™ past experience and future confidence with the retailer," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 54(C).
- Dongnyok Shim & Jungwoo Shin & So‐Yoon Kwak, 2018. "Modelling the consumer decision‐making process to identify key drivers and bottlenecks in the adoption of environmentally friendly products," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(8), pages 1409-1421, December.
- Franke, Nikolaus & Shah, Sonali, 2003. "How communities support innovative activities: an exploration of assistance and sharing among end-users," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 157-178, January.
- Se-Joon Hong & Kar Yan Tam, 2006. "Understanding the Adoption of Multipurpose Information Appliances: The Case of Mobile Data Services," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 17(2), pages 162-179, June.
- Gountas, John & Gountas, Sandra, 2007. "Personality orientations, emotional states, customer satisfaction, and intention to repurchase," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 72-75, January.
- Yeo, Vincent Cheow Sern & Goh, See-Kwong & Rezaei, Sajad, 2017. "Consumer experiences, attitude and behavioral intention toward online food delivery (OFD) services," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 150-162.
- Hsu, Chia-Lin & Chen, Mu-Chen, 2018. "How does gamification improve user experience? An empirical investigation on the antecedences and consequences of user experience and its mediating role," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 118-129.
- Oliver, Richard L, 1993. "Cognitive, Affective, and Attribute BAses of the Satisfaction Response," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 418-430, December.
- Naresh K. Malhotra & Sung S. Kim & Ashutosh Patil, 2006. "Common Method Variance in IS Research: A Comparison of Alternative Approaches and a Reanalysis of Past Research," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 52(12), pages 1865-1883, December.
- Jumaan, Ibrahim A. & Hashim, Noor Hazarina & Al-Ghazali, Basheer M., 2020. "The role of cognitive absorption in predicting mobile internet users’ continuance intention: An extension of the expectation-confirmation model," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 63(C).
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. "The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-140, September.
- Abbes, Intissar & Hallem, Yousra & Taga, Nadia, 2020. "Second-hand shopping and brand loyalty: The role of online collaborative redistribution platforms," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Kimiagari, Salman & Asadi Malafe, Neda Sharifi, 2021. "The role of cognitive and affective responses in the relationship between internal and external stimuli on online impulse buying behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Piera Centobelli & Roberto Cerchione & Davide Chiaroni & Pasquale Del Vecchio & Andrea Urbinati, 2020. "Designing business models in circular economy: A systematic literature review and research agenda," Business Strategy and the Environment, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(4), pages 1734-1749, May.
- Leung, Louis & Chen, Cheng, 2019. "E-health/m-health adoption and lifestyle improvements: Exploring the roles of technology readiness, the expectation-confirmation model, and health-related information activities," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(6), pages 563-575.
- Hofacker, Charles F. & de Ruyter, Ko & Lurie, Nicholas H. & Manchanda, Puneet & Donaldson, Jeff, 2016. "Gamification and Mobile Marketing Effectiveness," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 25-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Saqib Ali & Nadeem Khalid & Hafiz Muhammad Usama Javed & Dewan Md. Zahurul Islam, 2020. "Consumer Adoption of Online Food Delivery Ordering (OFDO) Services in Pakistan: The Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic Situation," JOItmC, MDPI, vol. 7(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Barnes, Stuart J. & Vidgen, Richard T., 2014. "Technology socialness and Web site satisfaction," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 12-25.
- Frank, Björn & Herbas Torrico, Boris & Enkawa, Takao & Schvaneveldt, Shane J., 2014. "Affect versus Cognition in the Chain from Perceived Quality to Customer Loyalty: The Roles of Product Beliefs and Experience," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 90(4), pages 567-586.
- Vieira, Valter Afonso, 2013. "Stimuli–organism-response framework: A meta-analytic review in the store environment," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1420-1426.
- Shin, Bongsik & Lee, Sanghoon & Lee, Ho Geun, 2016. "Examining an extended duality perspective regarding success conditions of IT service," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 226-239.
- Mäntymäki, Matti & Salo, Jari, 2013. "Purchasing behavior in social virtual worlds: An examination of Habbo Hotel," International Journal of Information Management, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 282-290.
- Ofir Turel & Catherine E. Connelly, 2012. "Team Spirit: The Influence of Psychological Collectivism on the Usage of E-Collaboration Tools," Group Decision and Negotiation, Springer, vol. 21(5), pages 703-725, September.
- Neus Vila-Brunet & Josep Llach, 2020. "OSS-Qual: Holistic Scale to Assess Customer Quality Perception When Buying Secondhand Products in Online Platforms," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(21), pages 1-15, November.
- Lee, Jung Ick & Ren, Tianbao & Park, Jungkun, 2021. "Investigating travelersâ€™ multi-impulse buying behavior in airport duty-free shopping for Chinese traveler: Intrinsic and extrinsic motivations," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 92(C).
- Garima Malik & A. Sajeevan Rao, 2019. "Extended expectation-confirmation model to predict continued usage of ODR/ride hailing apps: role of perceived value and self-efficacy," Information Technology & Tourism, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 461-482, December.
- Javad Shahreki & Jaya Ganesan & Kavitha Raman & Audrey Lim Li Chin & Tee Suan Chin, 2019. "The effect of human resource information system application on employee satisfaction and turnover intention," Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Issues, VsI Entrepreneurship and Sustainability Center, vol. 7(2), pages 1462-1479, December.
- Sara Moussawi & Marios Koufaris & Raquel Benbunan-Fich, 2021. "How perceptions of intelligence and anthropomorphism affect adoption of personal intelligent agents," Electronic Markets, Springer;IIM University of St. Gallen, vol. 31(2), pages 343-364, June.
- Morteza Ghobakhloo & Masood Fathi, 2019. "Modeling the Success of Application-Based Mobile Banking," Economies, MDPI, vol. 7(4), pages 1-21, November.
- Schweisfurth, Tim G. & Raasch, Christina, 2015. "Embedded lead users—The benefits of employing users for corporate innovation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 168-180.
- Alam, Mohammad Zahedul & Hu, Wang & Kaium, Md Abdul & Hoque, Md Rakibul & Alam, Mirza Mohammad Didarul, 2020. "Understanding the determinants of mHealth apps adoption in Bangladesh: A SEM-Neural network approach," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Hepola, Janne & LeppÃ¤niemi, Matti & Karjaluoto, Heikki, 2020. "Is it all about consumer engagement? Explaining continuance intention for utilitarian and hedonic service consumption," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
- Gilbert Silvius & Aydan Ismayilova & Vicente Sales-Vivó & Micol Costi, 2021. "Exploring Barriers for Circularity in the EU Furniture Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(19), pages 1-25, October.
- Huang, Yu-Chih & Backman, Sheila J. & Backman, Kenneth F. & Moore, DeWayne, 2013. "Exploring user acceptance of 3D virtual worlds in travel and tourism marketing," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 490-501.
- Xi, Nannan & Hamari, Juho, 2020. "Does gamification affect brand engagement and equity? A study in online brand communities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 449-460.
- Peng Liu & Run Yang & Zhigang Xu, 2019. "Public Acceptance of Fully Automated Driving: Effects of Social Trust and Risk/Benefit Perceptions," Risk Analysis, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 39(2), pages 326-341, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCircular economy; Environmentally friendly; Cognitive-affective model; Expectation-confirmation model; Gamification; Culture; Behavioral intentions;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:teinso:v:66:y:2021:i:c:s0160791x21000968. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/technology-in-society .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/technology-in-society .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.