How does gamification improve user experience? An empirical investigation on the antecedences and consequences of user experience and its mediating role
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gentile, Chiara & Spiller, Nicola & Noci, Giuliano, 2007. "How to Sustain the Customer Experience:: An Overview of Experience Components that Co-create Value With the Customer," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 395-410, October.
- Babin, Barry J & Darden, William R & Griffin, Mitch, 1994. "Work and/or Fun: Measuring Hedonic and Utilitarian Shopping Value," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 644-656, March.
- Fischer, Eileen & Arnold, Stephen J, 1990. "More than a Labor of Love: Gender Roles and Christmas Gift Shopping," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(3), pages 333-345, December.
- Poncin, Ingrid & Garnier, Marion & Ben Mimoun, Mohammed Slim & Leclercq, Thomas, 2017. "Smart technologies and shopping experience: Are gamification interfaces effective? The case of the Smartstore," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 320-331.
- Kim, Yukyoung, 2015. "Assessing the effects of perceived value (utilitarian and hedonic) in LCCs and FSCs: Evidence from South Korea," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 17-22.
- Wynne W. Chin & Barbara L. Marcolin & Peter R. Newsted, 2003. "A Partial Least Squares Latent Variable Modeling Approach for Measuring Interaction Effects: Results from a Monte Carlo Simulation Study and an Electronic-Mail Emotion/Adoption Study," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 14(2), pages 189-217, June.
- Holbrook, Morris B & Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1982. "The Experiential Aspects of Consumption: Consumer Fantasies, Feelings, and Fun," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 132-140, September.
- Sheth, Jagdish N. & Newman, Bruce I. & Gross, Barbara L., 1991. "Why we buy what we buy: A theory of consumption values," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 159-170, March.
- Brown, James R. & Dant, Rajiv P., 2009. "The Theoretical Domains of Retailing Research: A Retrospective," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 113-128.
- Xu, Feifei & Buhalis, Dimitrios & Weber, Jessika, 2017. "Serious games and the gamification of tourism," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 244-256.
- Hsu, Chin-Lung & Lin, Judy Chuan-Chuan, 2016. "Effect of perceived value and social influences on mobile app stickiness and in-app purchase intention," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 42-53.
- Yoo, Boonghee & Donthu, Naveen, 2001. "Developing and validating a multidimensional consumer-based brand equity scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-14, April.
- Reinartz, Werner & Haenlein, Michael & Henseler, Jörg, 2009. "An empirical comparison of the efficacy of covariance-based and variance-based SEM," International Journal of Research in Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 332-344.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xi, Nannan & Hamari, Juho, 2020. "Does gamification affect brand engagement and equity? A study in online brand communities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 449-460.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Abhishek Mishra & Satyabhushan Dash & Naresh Malhotra, 2015. "An integrated framework for design perception and brand equity," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 5(1), pages 28-44, June.
- Yeo, Vincent Cheow Sern & Goh, See-Kwong & Rezaei, Sajad, 2017. "Consumer experiences, attitude and behavioral intention toward online food delivery (OFD) services," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 150-162.
- Abhishek Mishra & Satyabhushan Dash & Naresh K. Malhotra, 2015. "An integrated framework for design perception and brand equity," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 5(1), pages 28-44, June.
- Lo, Ada & Qu, Hailin, 2015. "A theoretical model of the impact of a bundle of determinants on touristsâ€™ visiting and shopping intentions: A case of mainland Chinese tourists," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 231-243.
- Davis, Lizhu & Hodges, Nancy, 2012. "Consumer shopping value: An investigation of shopping trip value, in-store shopping value and retail format," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 229-239.
- Beatriz Moliner-Velázquez & María Fuentes-Blasco & Irene Gil-Saura, 2019. "Effects of value and innovation on brand equity in retailing," Journal of Brand Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 26(6), pages 658-674, November.
- Ana Isabel Polo Peña & Dolores María Frías Jamilena & Miguel Ángel Rodríguez Molina, 2017. "The effects of perceived value on loyalty: the moderating effect of market orientation adoption," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(1), pages 93-116, March.
- Barbopoulos, Isak & Johansson, Lars-Olof, 2017. "The Consumer Motivation Scale: Development of a multi-dimensional and context-sensitive measure of consumption goals," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 118-126.
- Slaton, Kelcie & Testa, Danielle & Bakhshian, Sonia & Fiore, Ann Marie, 2020. "The small, inventory free retail format: The impact on consumer-based brand equity and purchase behavior," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
- Stephanie Schwipper & Severine Peche & Gertrud Schmitz, 2020. "Mobile Location-Based Services’ Value-in-Use in Inner Cities: Do a Customer’s Shopping Patterns, Prior User Experience, and Sales Promotions Matter?," Schmalenbach Business Review, Springer;Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft, vol. 72(4), pages 511-564, October.
- Hye Jung Jung & HaeJung Kim & Kyung Wha Oh, 2016. "Green Leather for Ethical Consumers in China and Korea: Facilitating Ethical Consumption with Value–Belief–Attitude Logic," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 483-502, May.
- Luo, Jun & Dey, Bidit L. & Yalkin, Cagri & Sivarajah, Uthayasankar & Punjaisri, Khanyapuss & Huang, Yu-an & Yen, Dorothy A., 2020. "Millennial Chinese consumers' perceived destination brand value," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 655-665.
- Carpenter, Jason M. & Moore, Marguerite, 2009. "Utilitarian and hedonic shopping value in the US discount sector," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 68-74.
- Ahmet BAYRAKTAR, 2015. "Are Consumers Really Willing to Pay More for Favorable Brand Associations? The Moderating Role of Product Value and Product Risk Level," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 15(4), pages 565-575.
- Verhoef, Peter C. & Lemon, Katherine N. & Parasuraman, A. & Roggeveen, Anne & Tsiros, Michael & Schlesinger, Leonard A., 2009. "Customer Experience Creation: Determinants, Dynamics and Management Strategies," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 31-41.
- Oâ€™Donnell, Kathleen A. & Strebel, Judi & Mortimer, Gary, 2016. "The thrill of victory: Women and sport shopping," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 240-251.
- Terblanche, Nic S., 2018. "Revisiting the supermarket in-store customer shopping experience," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 48-59.
- TyrvÃ¤inen, Olli & Karjaluoto, Heikki & SaarijÃ¤rvi, Hannu, 2020. "Personalization and hedonic motivation in creating customer experiences and loyalty in omnichannel retail," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 57(C).
- Han, Liu & Wang, Shanyong & Zhao, Dingtao & Li, Jun, 2017. "The intention to adopt electric vehicles: Driven by functional and non-functional values," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 185-197.
- Euehun Lee & Semi Han, 2017. "Mobile service consumption values: an exploratory mixed-method study," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 253-264, December.
More about this item
KeywordsPerceived mobility; Utilitarian feature; Hedonic feature; User experience; Perceived benefits; Perceived value; Brand equity;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:tefoso:v:132:y:2018:i:c:p:118-129. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00401625 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.