Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2008. "Measuring financial protection in health," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4554, The World Bank.
- Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Cairns, John & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2005. "Inequality in willingness-to-pay for community-based health insurance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 149-156, May.
- Dong, Hengjin & Kouyate, Bocar & Snow, Rachel & Mugisha, Frederick & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2003. "Gender's effect on willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 153-162, May.
- Dror, David Mark & Radermacher, Ralf & Koren, Ruth, 2007. "Willingness to pay for health insurance among rural and poor persons: Field evidence from seven micro health insurance units in India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 12-27, June.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- Berman, Peter A., 1998. "Rethinking health care systems: Private health care provision in India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1463-1479, August.
- Hengjin Dong & Bocar Kouyate & John Cairns & Frederick Mugisha & Rainer Sauerborn, 2003. "Willingness-to-pay for community-based insurance in Burkina Faso," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(10), pages 849-862.
- Asfaw, Abay & Braun, Joachim von, 2004. "Can community health insurance schemes shield the poor against the downside health effects of economic reforms? The case of rural ethiopia," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(1), pages 97-108, October.
- Rajeev Ahuja, 2005. "Health Insurance for the poor in India: An analytical study," Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi Working Papers 161, Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations, New Delhi, India.
- Gustafsson-Wright, Emily & Asfaw, Abay & van der Gaag, Jacques, 2009. "Willingness to pay for health insurance: An analysis of the potential market for new low-cost health insurance products in Namibia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 1351-1359, November.
- Xiao-Hua Ying & Teh-Wei Hu & Jane Ren & Wen Chen & Ke Xu & Jin-Hui Huang, 2007. "Demand for private health insurance in Chinese urban areas," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(10), pages 1041-1050.
- Asenso-Okyere, W. Kwadwo & Osei-Akoto, Isaac & Anum, Adote & Appiah, Ernest N., 1997. "Willingness to pay for health insurance in a developing economy. A pilot study of the informal sector of Ghana using contingent valuation," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 223-237, December.
- David H. Peters & Abdo S. Yazbeck & Rashmi R. Sharma & G. N. V. Ramana & Lant H. Pritchett & Adam Wagstaff, 2002. "Better Health Systems for India's Poor : Findings, Analysis, and Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14080.
- Pratap, Sangeeta & Quintin, Erwan, 2006. "The Informal Sector in Developing Countries: Output, Assets and Employment," WIDER Working Paper Series 130, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lu, Ruoran & Zeng, Xiaopeng & Duan, Jiali & Gao, Ting & Huo, Da & Zhou, Tao & Song, Yi & Deng, Ying & Guo, Xiuhua, 2016. "Secular growth trends among children in Beijing (1955–2010)," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 21(C), pages 210-220.
More about this item
KeywordsIndia; Willingness to pay; Low-income populations; Community-based health insurance; Micro health insurance; Engel's law;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:76:y:2013:i:c:p:67-73. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .