Rethinking health care systems: Private health care provision in India
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hammer, Jeffrey S, 1997. "Prices and Protocols in Public Health Care," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(3), pages 409-432, September.
- De Geyndt, W. & Zhao, X. & Liu, S., 1992. "From Barefoot Doctor to Village Doctor in Rural China," Papers 187, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Peter A. Berman, 1997. "National Health Accounts in Developing Countries: Appropriate Methods and Recent Applications," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 11-30.
- Musgrove, Philip, 1995. "Cost-effectiveness and the socialization of health care," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1-3), pages 111-123.
- Govindraj, R. & Murray, C.J.L. & Chellaraj, G., 1994. "Health Expenditures in Latin America," Papers 274, World Bank - Technical Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- World Bank, 2001. "Croatia - Regaining Fiscal Sustainability and Enhancing Effectiveness : A Public Expenditure and Institutional Review," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15484, The World Bank.
- Mansour Farahani & S. V. Subramanian & David Canning, 2010.
"Effects of state-level public spending on health on the mortality probability in India,"
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(11), pages 1361-1376.
- Mansour Farahani & S. V. Subramanian & David Canning, 2009. "Effects of state-level public spending on health on the mortality probability in India," PGDA Working Papers 5009, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- De Costa, Ayesha & Johannson, Eva, 2011. "By ‘default or design’? The expansion of the private health care sector in Madhya Pradesh, India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(2), pages 283-289.
- De Costa, Ayesha & Al-Muniri, Abdullah & Diwan, Vinod K. & Eriksson, Bo, 2009. "Where are healthcare providers? Exploring relationships between context and human resources for health Madhya Pradesh province, India," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 41-47, November.
- Clara Delavallade, 2014.
"Quality Healthcare and Health Insurance Retention: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in the Kolkata Slums,"
- Delavallade, Clara, 2014. "Quality healthcare and health insurance retention: Evidence from a randomized experiment in the Kolkata slums:," IFPRI discussion papers 1352, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Delavallade, Clara, 2015. "Quality Healthcare and Health Insurance Retention: Evidence from a Randomized Experiment in the Kolkata Slums," SALDRU Working Papers 143, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- World Bank, 2002. "Regaining Fiscal Sustainability and Enhancing Effectiveness in Croatia : A Public Expenditure and Institutional Review," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13993.
- Das, Ashis Kumar & Friedman, Jed & Kandpal, Eeshani, 2013. "Utilizing Local Capacity to Supplement Government Health Programs: Cautionary Evidence from a Malaria Prevention RCT in India," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150343, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Das, Ashis & Friedman, Jed & Kandpal, Eeshani, 2014. "Does involvement of local NGOs enhance public service delivery ? cautionary evidence from a Malaria-prevention evaluation in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6931, The World Bank.
- Perianayagam, Arokiasamy & Goli, Srinivas, 2013. "Health insurance and health care in India: a supply-demand perspective," MPRA Paper 51103, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Oct 2013.
- Ergler, Christina R. & Sakdapolrak, Patrick & Bohle, Hans-Georg & Kearns, Robin A., 2011. "Entitlements to health care: Why is there a preference for private facilities among poorer residents of Chennai, India?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 327-337, February.
- Binnendijk, Erika & Dror, David M. & Gerelle, Eric & Koren, Ruth, 2013. "Estimating Willingness-to-Pay for health insurance among rural poor in India by reference to Engel's law," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 67-73.
- Adam Wagstaff & Daniel Cotlear & Patrick Hoang-Vu Eozenou & Leander R. Buisman, 2016.
"Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: with an application to 24 developing countries,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 147-189.
- Wagstaff,Adam & Cotlear,Daniel & Eozenou,Patrick Hoang-Vu & Buisman,Leander Robert, 2015. "Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: with an application to 24 developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7470, The World Bank.
- Olsen Tricia D. & Sinha Aseema, 2013. "Linkage politics and the persistence of national policy autonomy in emerging powers: patents, profits, and patients in the context of TRIPS compliance," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 15(3), pages 323-356, October.
- repec:eee:aosoci:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:42-59 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2001. "India - Improving Household Food and Nutrition Security : Achievements and the Challenges Ahead, Volume 1. Main Report," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15516, The World Bank.
- Pierrick Martin, 2011. "Supranationalisation des normes et stabilité des économies traditionnelles : des dynamiques instables ? Le cas du Karnataka Child Labour Project," Post-Print halshs-00628739, HAL.
- Wang, Wenjuan & Sulzbach, Sara & De, Susna, 2011. "Utilization of HIV-related services from the private health sector: A multi-country analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(2), pages 216-223, January.
- Cross, Jamie & MacGregor, Hayley Nan, 2010. "Knowledge, legitimacy and economic practice in informal markets for medicine: A critical review of research," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 71(9), pages 1593-1600, November.
- Mackay, Bruce, 2008. "From life insurance to safer sex - Reflections of a marketing man," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2168-2172, May.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:86:y:2018:i:c:p:416-434 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hou, Xiaohui & Coyne, Joseph, 2008. "The emergence of proprietary medical facilities in China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 88(1), pages 141-151, October.
- Krishna Dipankar Rao & David H. Peters, 2007. "Quality improvement and its impact on the use and equality of outpatient health services in India," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(8), pages 799-813.
- Nandakumar, A. K. & Chawla, Mukesh & Khan, Maryam, 2000. "Utilization of Outpatient Care in Egypt and its Implications for the Role of Government in Health Care Provision," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 187-196, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:26:y:1998:i:8:p:1463-1479. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.