Neighborhoods and disability in later life
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Norman, Paul & Boyle, Paul & Rees, Philip, 2005. "Selective migration, health and deprivation: a longitudinal analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(12), pages 2755-2771, June.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.054494_1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles F. Manski, 1993.
"Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: The Reflection Problem,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 531-542.
- Manski, C.F., 1991. "Identification of Endogenous Social Effects: the Reflection Problem," Working papers 9127, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Bowling, Ann & Stafford, Mai, 2007. "How do objective and subjective assessments of neighbourhood influence social and physical functioning in older age? Findings from a British survey of ageing," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 64(12), pages 2533-2549, June.
- Lin, Ge, 2000. "Regional assessment of elderly disability in the U.S," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 50(7-8), pages 1015-1024, April.
- Stuck, Andreas E. & Walthert, Jutta M. & Nikolaus, Thorsten & Büla, Christophe J. & Hohmann, Christoph & Beck, John C., 1999. "Risk factors for functional status decline in community-living elderly people: a systematic literature review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 445-469, February.
- Stafford, M. & Cummins, S. & Macintyre, S. & Ellaway, A. & Marmot, M., 2005. "Gender differences in the associations between health and neighbourhood environment," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 60(8), pages 1681-1692, April.
- Evans, William N & Oates, Wallace E & Schwab, Robert M, 1992. "Measuring Peer Group Effects: A Study of Teenage Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 966-991, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Clarke, Philippa & Ailshire, Jennifer A. & Lantz, Paula, 2009. "Urban built environments and trajectories of mobility disability: Findings from a national sample of community-dwelling American adults (1986-2001)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(6), pages 964-970, September.
- Laraia, Barbara A. & Karter, Andrew J. & Warton, E. Margaret & Schillinger, Dean & Moffet, Howard H. & Adler, Nancy, 2012. "Place matters: Neighborhood deprivation and cardiometabolic risk factors in the Diabetes Study of Northern California (DISTANCE)," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 74(7), pages 1082-1090.
- Walsh, Kieran & Gannon, Brenda, 2011.
"Perceived neighbourhood context, disability onset and old age,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 631-636.
- Brenda Gannon & Kieran Walsh, 2011. "Perceived Neighbourhood Context, Disability Onset and Old Age," Working Papers 1105, Academic Unit of Health Economics, Leeds Institute of Health Sciences, University of Leeds.
- Rosenthal, Larry A., 2009. "Local Land-Use Controls and Aging-Friendliness," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt8r15z60d, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Michael, Yvonne L. & Nagel, Corey L. & Gold, Rachel & Hillier, Teresa A., 2014. "Does change in the neighborhood environment prevent obesity in older women?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 129-137.
- Samuel, Laura J. & Glass, Thomas A. & Thorpe, Roland J. & Szanton, Sarah L. & Roth, David L., 2015. "Household and neighborhood conditions partially account for associations between education and physical capacity in the National Health and Aging Trends Study," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 67-75.
- DUJARDIN, Claire & lorant, VINCENT & THOMAS, Isabelle, 2013. "Self-assessed health of elderly people in Brussels: does the built environment matter?," CORE Discussion Papers 2013048, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Wen, Ming & Maloney, Thomas N., 2014. "Neighborhood socioeconomic status and BMI differences by immigrant and legal status: Evidence from Utah," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 12(C), pages 120-131.
- Botticello, Amanda L. & Chen, Yuying & Tulsky, David S., 2012. "Geographic variation in participation for physically disabled adults: The contribution of area economic factors to employment after spinal cord injury," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 75(8), pages 1505-1513.
- Schafer, Markus H. & Upenieks, Laura, 2015. "Environmental disorder and functional decline among older adults: A layered context approach," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 152-161.
More about this item
KeywordsNeighborhoods Disability Aging USA;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:66:y:2008:i:11:p:2253-2267. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .