Open access for railways and transaction cost economics – Management perspectives of Australia's rail companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Growitsch & Heike Wetzel, 2006. "Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis," IWH Discussion Papers 5, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Merkert, Rico & Hensher, David A., 2013. "Regulation, trust and contractual incentives around transport contracts – Is there anything bus operators can learn from public air service contracts?," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 67-78.
- Yvrande-Billon, Anne & Menard, Claude, 2005.
"Institutional constraints and organizational changes: the case of the British rail reform,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 675-699, April.
- Anne Yvrande-Billon & Claude Ménard, 2005. "Institutional Constraints and Organizational Changes : The Case of the British Rail Reform," Post-Print halshs-00273389, HAL.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Shuji Uranishi, 2013. "Does vertical separation reduce cost? An empirical analysis of the rail industry in European and East Asian OECD Countries," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 31-59, January.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 2004.
"Why Barriers to Entry Are Barriers to Understanding,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 466-470, May.
- Dennis W. Carlton, 2004. "Why Barriers to Entry are Barriers to Understanding," NBER Working Papers 10577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pittman Russell, 2005. "Structural Separation to Create Competition? The Case of Freight Railways," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(3), pages 1-16, September.
- Williamson, Oliver E., 2005. "Transaction cost economics and business administration," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 19-40, March.
- Christian Growitsch & Heike Wetzel, 2009.
"Testing for Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis,"
Journal of Transport Economics and Policy,
University of Bath, vol. 43(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Christian Growitsch & Heike Wetzel, 2007. "Testing for Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis," Working Paper Series in Economics 72, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Rico Merkert & Andrew S. J. Smith & Chris A. Nash, 2012. "The Measurement of Transaction Costs - Evidence from European Railways," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 46(3), pages 349-365, September.
- Guido Friebel & Marc Ivaldi & Catherine Vibes, 2010.
"Railway (De)Regulation: A European Efficiency Comparison,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 77(305), pages 77-91, January.
- Friebel, Guido & Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2003. "Railway (De) Regulation : A European Efficiency Comparison," IDEI Working Papers 221, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2007.
- Friebel, Guido & Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2004. "Railway (De)Regulation: A European Efficiency Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 4319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Klein, Benjamin & Crawford, Robert G & Alchian, Armen A, 1978. "Vertical Integration, Appropriable Rents, and the Competitive Contracting Process," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 21(2), pages 297-326, October.
- David Starkie, 1993. "Train service co-ordination in a competitive market," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 14(2), pages 53-64, May.
- Merkert, Rico & Nash, Chris A., 2013. "Investigating European railway managers’ perception of transaction costs at the train operation/infrastructure interface," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 14-25.
- Nash, Chris, 2010. "European rail reform and passenger services - the next steps," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 204-211.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersson, Matts & Hultén, Staffan, 2016. "Transaction and transition costs during the deregulation of the Swedish Railway market," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 349-357.
More about this item
KeywordsRailways; Open access; Competition; Train operation/rail infrastructure interface; Supply chain integration;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- L92 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Railroads and Other Surface Transportation
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:retrec:v:48:y:2014:i:c:p:227-236. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620614/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.