Proximity effects on the dynamics and outcomes of scientific collaborations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sergio Currarini & Matthew O. Jackson & Paolo Pin, 2009.
"An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities, and Segregation,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1003-1045, July.
- Sergio Currarini & Paolo Pin & Matthew O. Jackson, 2007. "An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities and Segregation," Working Papers 2007_20, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- A Backhouse & P Drew, 1992. "The Design Implications of Social Interaction in a Workplace Setting," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 19(5), pages 573-584, October.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2011.
"Geographic proximity and firm--university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(6), pages 949-977, November.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2008. "Geographic Proximity and Firm-University Innovation Linkages: evidence from Great Britain," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 08/200, The Centre for Market and Public Organisation, University of Bristol, UK.
- Laura Abramovsky & Helen Simpson, 2009. "Geographic proximity and firm-university innovation linkages: evidence from Great Britain," IFS Working Papers W09/03, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Heather Berry & Mauro F Guillén & Nan Zhou, 2010. "An institutional approach to cross-national distance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(9), pages 1460-1480, December.
- King, Gary & Zeng, Langche, 2001. "Logistic Regression in Rare Events Data," Political Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 137-163, January.
- Van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & Van Praag, Bernard M. S., 1981. "The demand for deductibles in private health insurance : A probit model with sample selection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 229-252, November.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Agrawal, Ajay & Kapur, Devesh & McHale, John, 2008. "How do spatial and social proximity influence knowledge flows? Evidence from patent data," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 258-269, September.
- Beth A. Bechky, 2003. "Sharing Meaning Across Occupational Communities: The Transformation of Understanding on a Production Floor," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3), pages 312-330, June.
- Jason Owen-Smith & Walter W. Powell, 2004. "Knowledge Networks as Channels and Conduits: The Effects of Spillovers in the Boston Biotechnology Community," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(1), pages 5-21, February.
- John Seely Brown & Paul Duguid, 1991. "Organizational Learning and Communities-of-Practice: Toward a Unified View of Working, Learning, and Innovation," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 2(1), pages 40-57, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fischer, Timo & Henkel, Joachim, 2012. "Patent trolls on markets for technology – An empirical analysis of NPEs’ patent acquisitions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(9), pages 1519-1533.
- Hibbeln, Martin & Norden, Lars & Usselmann, Piet & Gürtler, Marc, 2020. "Informational synergies in consumer credit," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
- Larson, Donald F. & Breustedt, Gunnar, 2007. "Will markets direct investments under the Kyoto Protocol ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4131, The World Bank.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & Hong Il Yoo, 2020.
"Risk Attitudes, Sample Selection, and Attrition in a Longitudinal Field Experiment,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 102(3), pages 552-568, July.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Morten I. Lau & Hong Il Yoo, 2017. "Risk Attitudes, Sample Selection and Attrition in a Longitudinal Field Experiment," Working Papers 2017_07, Department of Economics, University of Durham.
- Harrison, Glenn W. & Lau, Morten I. & Yoo, Hong Il, 2019. "Risk Attitudes, Sample Selection and Attrition in a Longitudinal Field Experiment," Working Papers 2-2019, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Garcia, Serge & Harou, Patrice & Montagné, Claire & Stenger, Anne, 2009. "Models for sample selection bias in contingent valuation: Application to forest biodiversity," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 59-78, January.
- Morrissey, Karyn & Kinderman, Peter & Pontin, Eleanor & Tai, Sara & Schwannauer, Mathias, 2016. "Web based health surveys: Using a Two Step Heckman model to examine their potential for population health analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 45-53.
- Che-Wei Liu & Guodong (Gordon) Gao & Ritu Agarwal, 2019. "Unraveling the “Social” in Social Norms: The Conditioning Effect of User Connectivity," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 30(4), pages 1272-1295, April.
- Ereney Hadjigeorgalis, 2004. "Comerciando con Incertidumbre: Los Mercados de Agua en la Agricultura Chilena," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(122), pages 3-34.
- Adelchi Azzalini & Hyoung-Moon Kim & Hea-Jung Kim, 2019. "Sample selection models for discrete and other non-Gaussian response variables," Statistical Methods & Applications, Springer;Società Italiana di Statistica, vol. 28(1), pages 27-56, March.
- Raphaël Suire & Thierry Pénard & Fabrice Le Guel, 2005.
"Adoption et usage marchand de l’Internet : une étude économétrique sur données bretonnes,"
Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 167(1), pages 67-84.
- Fabrice Le Guel & Thierry Pénard & Raphaël Suire, 2005. "Adoption et usage marchand de l'Internet : une étude économétrique sur données bretonnes," Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 167(1), pages 67-84.
- Fabice Le Guel & Thierry Pénard & Raphaël Suire, 2005. "Adoption et usage marchand de l'Internet : une étude économétrique sur données bretonnes," Post-Print halshs-00068310, HAL.
- Eun-Ju Lee & David Eastwood & Jinkook Lee, 2004. "A Sample Selection Model of Consumer Adoption of Computer Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 26(3), pages 263-275, December.
- Christian Hackober & Carolin Bock, 2021. "Which investors’ characteristics are beneficial for initial coin offerings? Evidence from blockchain technology-based firms," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 91(8), pages 1085-1124, October.
- Linda Argote & Ella Miron-Spektor, 2011. "Organizational Learning: From Experience to Knowledge," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(5), pages 1123-1137, October.
- Leung, Siu Fai & Yu, Shihti, 1996.
"On the choice between sample selection and two-part models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 197-229.
- Leung, S.F. & Yu, S., 1992. "On the Choice Between Sample Selection and Two-Part Models," RCER Working Papers 337, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Sai Yayavaram & Manish K. Srivastava & MB Sarkar, 2018. "Role of search for domain knowledge and architectural knowledge in alliance partner selection," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(8), pages 2277-2302, August.
- Cumming, Douglas & Fleming, Grant & Schwienbacher, Armin, 2006. "Legality and venture capital exits," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 214-245, January.
- Murray, Anthony G. & Mills, Bradford F., 2011. "Read the label! Energy Star appliance label awareness and uptake among U.S. consumers," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1103-1110.
- J Banasik & J Crook & L Thomas, 2003. "Sample selection bias in credit scoring models," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 54(8), pages 822-832, August.
- Krammer, Sorin M.S., 2018. "A double-edged sword? The antipodal effects of institutional distance on partner selection in cross-border alliances," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(6), pages 930-943.
- Novice P. Bakehe, & Ariel H. Fambeu & George B. Tamokwe Piaptie, 2017. "Internet Adoption and Use in Cameroon," Working Papers 336, African Economic Research Consortium, Research Department.
More about this item
KeywordsCollaboration formation; Collaboration success; Path overlap; Functional proximity; Social networks; Spatial networks;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:43:y:2014:i:9:p:1469-1485. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.