Creating advantage in peripheral regions: The role of publicly funded R&D centres
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "General purpose technologies 'Engines of growth'?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2004.
"From R&D to Productivity Growth: Do the Institutional Settings and the Source of Funds of R&D Matter?,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(3), pages 353-378, July.
- Guellec, Dominique & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno van, 2003. "From R&D to Productivity Growth: Do The Institutional Setting and The Source of Funds of R&D Matter?," IIR Working Paper 03-26, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe, 2004. "From R&D to Productivity Growth: Do the Institutional Settings and the Source of Funds of R&D Matter?," Working Papers CEB 04-010.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2004. "From R&D to productivity growth: do the institutional settings and the sources of funds of R&D matter?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6207, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Crepon, B. & Duguet, E. & Mairesse, J., 1998. "Research Investment, Innovation and Productivity: An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 98.15, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort & Thijs Verburg, 2007. "Related Variety, Unrelated Variety and Regional Economic Growth," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 685-697.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1169-1184, September.
- Stephen Roper & James Love, 2006. "Innovation and regional absorptive capacity: the labour market dimension," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 40(2), pages 437-447, June.
- Christopher Palmberg, 2008. "The transfer and commercialisation of nanotechnology: a comparative analysis of university and company researchers," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 33(6), pages 631-652, December.
- Rajneesh Narula, 2004.
"Understanding absorptive capacities in an "innovation systems" context consequences for economic and employment growth,"
DRUID Working Papers
04-02, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Narula, Rajneesh, 2004. "Understanding absorptive capacities in an "innovation systems" context: consequences for economic and employment growth," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Romer, Paul M, 1990. "Endogenous Technological Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 71-102, October.
- Oughton, Christine & Landabaso, Mikel & Morgan, Kevin, 2002. "The Regional Innovation Paradox: Innovation Policy and Industrial Policy," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 97-110, January.
- Manfred M. Fischer & Attila Varga, 2003. "Spatial knowledge spillovers and university research: Evidence from Austria," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 37(2), pages 303-322, May.
- Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila & Acs, Zoltan, 1997. "Local Geographic Spillovers between University Research and High Technology Innovations," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 422-448, November.
- Rachel Griffith & Stephen Redding & John Van Reenen, 2003.
"R&D and Absorptive Capacity: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(1), pages 99-118, March.
- Griffith, Rachel & Redding, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2003. "R&D and absorptive capacity : theory and empirical evidence," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 209, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998.
"Research, Innovation And Productivity: An Econometric Analysis At The Firm Level,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 115-158.
- Bruno Crepon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation, and Productivity: An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," NBER Working Papers 6696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruno Crépon & Emmanuel Duguet & Jacques Mairesse, 1998. "Research, Innovation and Productivity : An Econometric Analysis at the Firm Level," Working Papers 98-33, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Beñat Bilbao-Osorio & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2004. "From R&D to Innovation and Economic Growth in the EU," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 434-455.
- Philip Cooke & Loet Leydesdorff, 2006. "Regional Development in the Knowledge-Based Economy: The Construction of Advantage," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 5-15, January.
- Debackere, Koenraad & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2005. "The role of academic technology transfer organizations in improving industry science links," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 321-342, April.
- repec:crs:wpaper:9833 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Brewer, Marilynn B, 1998. "Intellectual Human Capital and the Birth of U.S. Biotechnology Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 290-306, March.
- Palmberg, Christopher & Pajarinen, Mika & Nikulainen, Tuomo, 2007. "Transferring Science-based Technologies to Industry - Does Nanotechnology Make a Difference?," Discussion Papers 1064, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Norin Arshed & Sara Carter & Colin Mason, 2014. "The ineffectiveness of entrepreneurship policy: is policy formulation to blame?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 639-659, October.
- repec:enr:rpaper:0004 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0466-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roper, Stephen & Love, James H. & Bonner, Karen, 2017. "Firms’ knowledge search and local knowledge externalities in innovation performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 43-56.
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:129-159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Danson, Michael & Todeva, Emanuela, 2016. "Government and Governance of Regional Triple Helix Interactions," MPRA Paper 76780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:enr:rpaper:0020 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andrea Rey-Martí & Domingo Ribeiro-Soriano & Daniel Palacios-Marqués, 2016. "Entrepreneurial attributes of human capital and contingency factors in the culinary tourism," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 67-85, March.
- Moutinho, Ricardo & Au-Yong-Oliveira, Manuel & Coelho, Arnaldo & Manso, José Pires, 2015. "Beyond the “Innovation's Black-Box”: Translating R&D outlays into employment and economic growth," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 45-58.
- repec:fan:macoma:v:html10.3280/maco2018-001004 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bakhshi, Hasan & Edwards, John S. & Roper, Stephen & Scully, Judy & Shaw, Duncan & Morley, Lorraine & Rathbone, Nicola, 2015. "Assessing an experimental approach to industrial policy evaluation: Applying RCT+ to the case of Creative Credits," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1462-1472.
More about this item
KeywordsPublicly funded R&D R&D centre Northern Ireland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:40:y:2011:i:6:p:832-841. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .