How top management team diversity affects innovativeness and performance via the strategic choice to focus on innovation fields
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, 1996.
"Scale, Scope, and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 27(1), pages 32-59, Spring.
- Rebecca Henderson & Iain Cockburn, "undated". "Scale, Scope and Spillovers: The Determinants of Research Productivity in Drug Discovery," Working Papers ec25/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Kevin Campbell & Antonio Mínguez-Vera, 2008. "Gender Diversity in the Boardroom and Firm Financial Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(3), pages 435-451, December.
- Kristina Dahlin & L. Weingart & P. Hinds, 2005. "Team diversity and information use," Post-Print hal-00480406, HAL.
- Lettl, Christopher & Rost, Katja & von Wartburg, Iwan, 2009. "Why are some independent inventors 'heroes' and others 'hobbyists'? The moderating role of technological diversity and specialization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 243-254, March.
- Abetti, Pier A., 2002. "From science to technology to products and profits: Superconductivity at General Electric and Intermagnetics General (1960-1990)," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 83-98, January.
- Hoegl, Martin & Proserpio, Luigi, 2004. "Team member proximity and teamwork in innovative projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1153-1165, October.
- Barry L. Bayus & Gary Erickson & Robert Jacobson, 2003. "The Financial Rewards of New Product Introductions in the Personal Computer Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(2), pages 197-210, February.
- Kee H. Chung & Stephen W. Pruitt, 1994. "A Simple Approximation of Tobin's q," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 23(3), Fall.
- Claude Francoeur & Réal Labelle & Bernard Sinclair-Desgagné, 2008. "Gender Diversity in Corporate Governance and Top Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 83-95, August.
- William C. Brainard & James Tobin, 1968. "Pitfalls in Financial Model-Building," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 244, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Carlos De Abreu Dos Reis & Miguel Sastre Castillo & Salvador Roig Dobón, 2007. "Diversity and business performance: 50 years of research," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 1(4), pages 257-274, December.
- Katja Rost & Margit Osterloh, 2008. "You Pay a Fee for Strong Beliefs: Homogeneity as a Driver of Corporate Governance Failure," CREMA Working Paper Series 2008-28, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Henderson, Rebecca. & Cockburn, Iain., 1994. "Measuring competence? : exploring firm effects in pharmaceutical research," Working papers 3712-94., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- L. J. Bourgeois, III & Kathleen M. Eisenhardt, 1988. "Strategic Decision Processes in High Velocity Environments: Four Cases in the Microcomputer Industry," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(7), pages 816-835, July.
- S. Trevis Certo & Richard H. Lester & Catherine M. Dalton & Dan R. Dalton, 2006. "Top Management Teams, Strategy and Financial Performance: A Meta-Analytic Examination," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 813-839, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balsmeier, Benjamin & Buchwald, Achim & Stiebale, Joel, 2014. "Outside directors on the board and innovative firm performance," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(10), pages 1800-1815.
- Hutzschenreuter, Thomas & Horstkotte, Julian, 2013. "Performance effects of international expansion processes: The moderating role of top management team experiences," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 259-277.
- Juan Pablo Diánez-González & Carmen Camelo-Ordaz, 2016. "How management team composition affects academic spin-offs’ entrepreneurial orientation: the mediating role of conflict," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 530-557, June.
- Stefano Denicolai & Birgit Hagen & Alessia Pisoni, 2015. "Be international or be innovative? Be both? The role of the entrepreneurial profile," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 390-417, December.
- William Q. Judge & Helen W. Hu & Jonas Gabrielsson & Till Talaulicar & Michael A. Witt & Alessandro Zattoni & Félix López-Iturriaga & Jean Jingham Chen & Dhirendra Shukla & Majdi Quttainah & Emmanuel , 2015. "Configurations of Capacity for Change in Entrepreneurial Threshold Firms: Imprinting and Strategic Choice Perspectives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 506-530, June.
- Joanna Tyrowicz & Jakub Mazurek, 2017. "All on board? New evidence on board gender diversity from a large panel of firms," GRAPE Working Papers 5, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:2:p:413-427 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buchwald, Achim, 2015. "Competition, outside directors and executive turnover: Implications for corporate governance in the EU," DICE Discussion Papers 174, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Cacciolatti, Luca & Lee, Soo Hee, 2016. "Revisiting the relationship between marketing capabilities and firm performance: The moderating role of market orientation, marketing strategy and organisational power," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(12), pages 5597-5610.
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:1:p:218-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:grdene:v:24:y:2015:i:6:d:10.1007_s10726-014-9424-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:46:y:2017:i:7:p:1312-1326 is not listed on IDEAS
- Galbreath, Jeremy, 2017. "Drivers Of Environmental Sustainability In Wine Firms: The Role And Effect Of Women In Leadership," Working Papers 253851, American Association of Wine Economists.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:127-135 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:scient:v:111:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-017-2322-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abigail Cooke & Thomas Kemeny, 2016. "Immigrant Diversity and Complex Problem Solving," Working Papers 16-04, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:10:p:1899-:d:115917 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:respol:v:47:y:2018:i:2:p:498-510 is not listed on IDEAS
- Buchwald, Achim & Thorwarth, Susanne, 2015. "Outside directors on the board, competition and innovation," DICE Discussion Papers 173, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Kraiczy, Nils D. & Hack, Andreas & Kellermanns, Franz W., 2014. "New product portfolio performance in family firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(6), pages 1065-1073.
- Jenny María Ruiz-Jiménez & María del Mar Fuentes-Fuentes & Matilde Ruiz-Arroyo, 2016. "Knowledge Combination Capability and Innovation: The Effects of Gender Diversity on Top Management Teams in Technology-Based Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 503-515, May.
- Boari, Cristina & Riboldazzi, Federico, 2014. "How knowledge brokers emerge and evolve: The role of actors’ behaviour," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 683-695.
More about this item
KeywordsTheory of upper echelon TMT diversity Innovation strategy Corporate governance New product portfolio innovativeness;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:39:y:2010:i:7:p:907-918. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.