Demand for ISO 14001 adoption in the global supply chain: An empirical analysis focusing on environmentally conscious markets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Arimura, Toshi H. & Hibiki, Akira & Katayama, Hajime, 2008.
"Is a voluntary approach an effective environmental policy instrument?: A case for environmental management systems,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 281-295, May.
- Arimura, Toshi & Hibiki, Akira & Katayama, Hajime, 2007. "Is a Voluntary Approach an Effective Environmental Policy Instrument? A Case for Environmental Management Systems," Discussion Papers dp-07-31, Resources For the Future.
- Shih-Ying Wu & Po-Young Chu & Tzu-Yar Liu, 2007. "Determinants Of A Firm'S Iso 14001 Certification: An Empirical Study Of Taiwan," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 467-487, October.
- Nakamura, Masao & Takahashi, Takuya & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2001. "Why Japanese Firms Choose to Certify: A Study of Managerial Responses to Environmental Issues," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 23-52, July.
- Petra Christmann & Glen Taylor, 2001. "Globalization and the Environment: Determinants of Firm Self-Regulation in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 439-458, September.
- Eric Neumayer & Richard Perkins, 2004.
"What explains the uneven take-up of ISO 14001 at the global level? A panel-data analysis,"
Environment and Planning A,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 36(5), pages 823-839, May.
- Eric Neumayer & Richard Perkins, 2004. "What Explains the Uneven Take-Up of ISO 14001 at the Global Level? A Panel-Data Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 36(5), pages 823-839, May.
- Ruihua Joy Jiang & Pratima Bansal, 2003. "Seeing the Need for ISO 14001," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(4), pages 1047-1067, June.
- Boiral, Olivier & Sala, Jean-Marie, 1998. "Environmental management: Should industry adopt ISO 14001?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 57-64.
- Nishitani, Kimitaka, 2009. "An empirical study of the initial adoption of ISO 14001 in Japanese manufacturing firms," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(3), pages 669-679, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bin Ni, 2015. "Productivity, Capital Intensity and ISO14001 Adoption \Theory and Evidence from Vietnam," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 15-26, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Kimitaka Nishitani & Munehiko Itoh, 2014. "Product Innovation in Response to Environmental Standards and Competitive Advantage: A Hedonic Analysis of Refrigerators in the Japanese Retail Market," Discussion Paper Series DP2014-30, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Jayaram, Jayanth & Avittathur, Balram, 2015. "Green supply chains: A perspective from an emerging economy," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 164(C), pages 234-244.
- Kimitaka Nishitani & Katsuhiko Kokubu & Takehisa Kajiwara, 2016.
"Does low-carbon supply chain management reduce greenhouse gas emissions more effectively than existing environmental initiatives? An empirical analysis of Japanese manufacturing firms,"
Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 33-60, February.
- Kimitaka Nishitani & Katsuhiko Kokubu & Takehisa Kajiwara, 2016. "Does low-carbon supply chain management reduce greenhouse gas emissions more effectively than existing environmental initiatives? An empirical analysis of Japanese manufacturing firms," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 33-60, February.
- Reif, Christiane & Rexhäuser, Sascha, 2015. "Good enough! Are socially responsible companies the more successful environmental innovators?," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-018, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- McGuire, William, 2014. "The effect of ISO 14001 on environmental regulatory compliance in China," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 254-264.
- Barbara Fura & Qingfang Wang, 2017. "The level of socioeconomic development of EU countries and the state of ISO 14001 certification," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 103-119, January.
- Azevedo, Susana G. & Carvalho, Helena & Cruz Machado, V., 2011. "The influence of green practices on supply chain performance: A case study approach," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 47(6), pages 850-871.
More about this item
KeywordsAdoption of ISO 14001 Environmental preferences and pressures of customers Environmentally conscious markets Economic performance Tobit model Random-effects Tobit model;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:resene:v:32:y:2010:i:3:p:395-407. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505569 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.