Impact of infrastructural policies to reduce travel time expenditure of car users with significant reductions in energy consumption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mindali, Orit & Raveh, Adi & Salomon, Ilan, 2004. "Urban density and energy consumption: a new look at old statistics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 143-162, February.
- Hong, Sungjun & Chung, Yanghon & Kim, Jongwook & Chun, Dongphil, 2016. "Analysis on the level of contribution to the national greenhouse gas reduction target in Korean transportation sector using LEAP model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 549-559.
- Atabani, A.E. & Badruddin, Irfan Anjum & Mekhilef, S. & Silitonga, A.S., 2011. "A review on global fuel economy standards, labels and technologies in the transportation sector," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(9), pages 4586-4610.
- Turrentine, Thomas S. & Kurani, Kenneth S., 2007. "Car buyers and fuel economy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1213-1223, February.
- Tylock, Steven M. & Seager, Thomas P. & Snell, Jeff & Bennett, Erin R. & Sweet, Don, 2012. "Energy management under policy and technology uncertainty," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 156-163.
- Houri Jafari, H. & Baratimalayeri, A., 2008. "The crisis of gasoline consumption in the Iran's transportation sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 2536-2543, July.
- Selima Sultana & Joe Weber, 2014. "The Nature of Urban Growth and the Commuting Transition: Endless Sprawl or a Growth Wave?," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 51(3), pages 544-576, February.
- Mackett, R. L., 2001. "Policies to attract drivers out of their cars for short trips," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 295-306, October.
- Roger Mackett, 2003. "Why do people use their cars for short trips?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(3), pages 329-349, August.
- Ong, H.C. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H., 2011. "A review on emissions and mitigation strategies for road transport in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(8), pages 3516-3522.
- Mokhtarian, Patricia L. & Chen, Cynthia, 2004. "TTB or not TTB, that is the question: a review and analysis of the empirical literature on travel time (and money) budgets," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 38(9-10), pages 643-675.
- Turrentine, Tom & Kurani, Kenneth S, 2007. "Car buyers and fuel economy?," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt56x845v4, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Poudenx, Pascal, 2008. "The effect of transportation policies on energy consumption and greenhouse gas emission from urban passenger transportation," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 901-909, July.
- Amlan Banerjee & Xin Ye & Ram Pendyala, 2007. "Understanding Travel Time Expenditures Around the World: Exploring the Notion of a Travel Time Frontier," Transportation, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 51-65, January.
- Rajan, Sudhir Chella, 2006. "Climate change dilemma: technology, social change or both?: An examination of long-term transport policy choices in the United States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 664-679, April.
- Shekarchian, M. & Moghavvemi, M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Mazandarani, A., 2011. "A review on the pattern of electricity generation and emission in Malaysia from 1976 to 2008," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(6), pages 2629-2642, August.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Saidur, R. & Memon, L.A. & Zulkifli, N.W.M. & Masjuki, H.H., 2010. "A review on fuel economy standard for motor vehicles with the implementation possibilities in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(9), pages 3092-3099, December.
- Dhakal, Shobhakar, 2003. "Implications of transportation policies on energy and environment in Kathmandu Valley, Nepal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 1493-1507, November.
- Sivak, Michael & Tsimhoni, Omer, 2009. "Fuel efficiency of vehicles on US roads: 1923-2006," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 3168-3170, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Haoran & Song, Xuan & Long, Yin & Xia, Tianqi & Fang, Kai & Zheng, Jianqin & Huang, Dou & Shibasaki, Ryosuke & Liang, Yongtu, 2019. "Mobile phone GPS data in urban bicycle-sharing: Layout optimization and emissions reduction analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 242(C), pages 138-147.
- Yuyao Ye & Changjian Wang & Yuling Zhang & Kangmin Wu & Qitao Wu & Yongxian Su, 2017. "Low-Carbon Transportation Oriented Urban Spatial Structure: Theory, Model and Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(1), pages 1-16, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mahlia, T.M.I. & Tohno, S. & Tezuka, T., 2012. "History and current status of the motor vehicle energy labeling and its implementation possibilities in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 1828-1844.
- Simmons, Richard A. & Shaver, Gregory M. & Tyner, Wallace E. & Garimella, Suresh V., 2015. "A benefit-cost assessment of new vehicle technologies and fuel economy in the U.S. market," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 157(C), pages 940-952.
- Berliner, Rosaria, 2018. "Drivers of Change in a World of Mobility Disruption: An Overview of Long Distance Travel, Shared Mobility, and Automated Vehicles," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt6r64v86z, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Ozaki, Ritsuko & Sevastyanova, Katerina, 2011. "Going hybrid: An analysis of consumer purchase motivations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2217-2227, May.
- Heffner, Reid R., 2007. "Semiotics and Advanced Vehicles: What Hybrid Electric Vehicles (HEVs) Mean and Why it Matters to Consumers," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt9mw1t4w3, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Runst, Petrik & Bettendorf, Axel, 2017. "Energieeffizienz in Klein- und Kleinstunternehmen des Handwerks," Göttinger Beiträge zur Handwerksforschung 16, Volkswirtschaftliches Institut für Mittelstand und Handwerk an der Universität Göttingen (ifh).
- Sallee, James M. & Slemrod, Joel, 2012.
"Car notches: Strategic automaker responses to fuel economy policy,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(11), pages 981-999.
- James M. Sallee & Joel Slemrod, 2010. "Car Notches: Strategic Automaker Responses to Fuel Economy Policy," NBER Working Papers 16604, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kurani, Kenneth S & Axsen, Jonn & Caperello, Nicolette & Davies, Jamie & Stillwater, Tai, 2009. "Learning from Consumers: Plug-In Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) Demonstration and Consumer Education, Outreach, and Market Research Program," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt9361r9h7, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Saiful Hasan & Terje Andreas Mathisen, 2020. "Policy measures for electric vehicle adoption. A review of evidence from Norway and China," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 0(1), pages 25-46.
- Greene, David L. & Greenwald, Judith M. & Ciez, Rebecca E., 2020. "U.S. fuel economy and greenhouse gas standards: What have they achieved and what have we learned?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 146(C).
- Sun, Shanxia & Delgado, Michael & Khanna, Neha, 2017. "Hybrid Vehicles and Household Driving Behavior: Implications for Miles Traveled and Gasoline Consumption," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258502, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Laura Abrardi, 2019. "Behavioral barriers and the energy efficiency gap: a survey of the literature," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 46(1), pages 25-43, March.
- Martin, Elliott William, 2009. "New Vehicle Choice, Fuel Economy and Vehicle Incentives: An Analysis of Hybrid Tax Credits and the Gasoline Tax," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt5gd206wv, University of California Transportation Center.
- Peters, Anja & Mueller, Michel G. & de Haan, Peter & Scholz, Roland W., 2008. "Feebates promoting energy-efficient cars: Design options to address more consumers and possible counteracting effects," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 1355-1365, April.
- James Carroll & Eleanor Denny & Ronan C. Lyons, 2020. "Better energy cost information changes household property investment decisions: Evidence from a nationwide experiment," Trinity Economics Papers tep1520, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Goldschmidt, Rüdiger & Richter, Andreas & Pfeil, Raphael, 2019. "Active stakeholder involvement and organisational tasks as factors for an effective communication and governance strategy in the promotion of e-taxis. Results from a field research lab," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 135(C).
- Silvis, Julia & Leighty, Wayne & Karner, Alex, 2007. "Folk Quantification of Transportation Energy: An initial investigation of perceptions of automobile energy use," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt5xk916rj, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Ivan Tilov & Sylvain Weber, 2020. "Heterogeneity in price elasticity of vehicle kilometers traveled: Evidence from micro-level panel data," IRENE Working Papers 20-12, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Pooley, Colin G. & Horton, Dave & Scheldeman, Griet & Mullen, Caroline & Jones, Tim & Tight, Miles & Jopson, Ann & Chisholm, Alison, 2013. "Policies for promoting walking and cycling in England: A view from the street," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 66-72.
- Liu, Chengxi & Susilo, Yusak O. & Dharmowijoyo, Dimas B.E., 2018. "Investigating intra-household interactions between individuals' time and space constraints," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 108-119.
More about this item
KeywordsTravel time expenditure; Infrastructure management; Road transportation;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:327-335. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.