Drought and energy security in key ASEAN countries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pašičko, Robert & Branković, Čedo & Šimić, Zdenko, 2012. "Assessment of climate change impacts on energy generation from renewable sources in Croatia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 224-231.
- Kopytko, Natalie & Perkins, John, 2011. "Climate change, nuclear power, and the adaptation-mitigation dilemma," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 318-333, January.
- Yilmaz, Pelin & Hakan Hocaoglu, M. & Konukman, Alp Er S., 2008. "A pre-feasibility case study on integrated resource planning including renewables," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1223-1232, March.
- Shekarchian, M. & Moghavvemi, M. & Rismanchi, B. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Olofsson, T., 2012. "The cost benefit analysis and potential emission reduction evaluation of applying wall insulation for buildings in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(7), pages 4708-4718.
- Webster, Cynthia & Sundaram, D. S., 1998. "Service consumption criticality in failure recovery," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 153-159, February.
- Shafie, S.M. & Mahlia, T.M.I. & Masjuki, H.H. & Ahmad-Yazid, A., 2012. "A review on electricity generation based on biomass residue in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(8), pages 5879-5889.
- Lehner, Bernhard & Czisch, Gregor & Vassolo, Sara, 2005. "The impact of global change on the hydropower potential of Europe: a model-based analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 839-855, May.
- Sonja van Renssen, 2014. "Climate policy confronts competitiveness," Nature Climate Change, Nature, vol. 4(1), pages 8-9, January.
- Herminia A. Francisco, 2008. "Adaptation to Climate Change Needs and Opportunities in Southeast Asia," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200808s1, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Aug 2008.
- -, 2009. "The economics of climate change," Sede Subregional de la CEPAL para el Caribe (Estudios e Investigaciones) 38679, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Paul C. Stern & Kristie L. Ebi & Robin Leichenko & Richard Stuart Olson & John D. Steinbruner & Robert Lempert, 2013. "Managing risk with climate vulnerability science," Nature Climate Change, Nature, vol. 3(7), pages 607-609, July.
- George Kowalski & Sead Vilogorac, 2008. "Energy Security Risks and Risks Mitigation: an Overview," UNECE Annual Report Economic Essays 2008_9, UNECE.
- Zhang, Qi & Ishihara, Keiichi N. & Mclellan, Benjamin C. & Tezuka, Tetsuo, 2012. "Scenario analysis on future electricity supply and demand in Japan," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 376-385.
- Peter Aldhous, 2004. "Borneo is burning," Nature, Nature, vol. 432(7014), pages 144-146, November.
- Arief Anshory Yusuf & Herminia Francisco, 2009. "Climate Change Vulnerability Mapping for Southeast Asia," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper tp200901s1, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Jan 2009.
- World Bank, 2011. "World Development Indicators 2011," World Bank Publications - Books, The World Bank Group, number 2315, December.
- de Lucena, André Frossard Pereira & Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Schaeffer, Roberto & de Souza, Raquel Rodrigues & Borba, Bruno Soares Moreira Cesar & da Costa, Isabella Vaz Leal & Júnior, Amaro Olimpio P, 2009. "The vulnerability of renewable energy to climate change in Brazil," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 879-889, March.
- Richard H. Moss & Jae A. Edmonds & Kathy A. Hibbard & Martin R. Manning & Steven K. Rose & Detlef P. van Vuuren & Timothy R. Carter & Seita Emori & Mikiko Kainuma & Tom Kram & Gerald A. Meehl & John F, 2010. "The next generation of scenarios for climate change research and assessment," Nature, Nature, vol. 463(7282), pages 747-756, February.
- Eto, Joseph H., 1990. "An overview of analysis tools for integrated resource planning," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 15(11), pages 969-977.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Berna Tektas Sivrikaya & Ferhan Cebi & Hasan Hüseyin Turan & Nihat Kasap & Dursun Delen, 2017. "A fuzzy long-term investment planning model for a GenCo in a hybrid electricity market considering climate change impacts," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 19(5), pages 975-991, October.
- Rahman, Farahiyah Abdul & Aziz, Md Maniruzzaman A. & Saidur, R. & Bakar, Wan Azelee Wan Abu & Hainin, M.R & Putrajaya, Ramadhansyah & Hassan, Norhidayah Abdul, 2017. "Pollution to solution: Capture and sequestration of carbon dioxide (CO2) and its utilization as a renewable energy source for a sustainable future," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 112-126.
- Larry Hughes & Moniek de Jong, 2021. "The Risks of Global Heating to Energy Systems and Energy Security," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(18), pages 1-19, September.
- Radovanović, Mirjana & Filipović, Sanja & Pavlović, Dejan, 2017. "Energy security measurement – A sustainable approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P2), pages 1020-1032.
- Demissie, Ashenafi A. & Solomon, A.A., 2016. "Power system sensitivity to extreme hydrological conditions as studied using an integrated reservoir and power system dispatch model, the case of Ethiopia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 442-463.
- Satya Widya Yudha & Benny Tjahjono & Athanasios Kolios, 2018. "A PESTLE Policy Mapping and Stakeholder Analysis of Indonesia’s Fossil Fuel Energy Industry," Energies, MDPI, vol. 11(5), pages 1-22, May.
- Berna Tektas Sivrikaya & Ferhan Cebi & Hasan Hüseyin Turan & Nihat Kasap & Dursun Delen, 0. "A fuzzy long-term investment planning model for a GenCo in a hybrid electricity market considering climate change impacts," Information Systems Frontiers, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-17.
- Huan-Feng Duan & Xichao Gao, 2019. "Flooding Control and Hydro-Energy Assessment for Urban Stormwater Drainage Systems under Climate Change: Framework Development and Case Study," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 33(10), pages 3523-3545, August.
- Suyono Thamrin & Rita Ambarwati & Syaiful Hidayat, 2020. "The Strategies of West Java’s Regional Energy Management To Support National Energy Security," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 10(6), pages 376-382.
- Matsumoto, Ken’ichi & Shiraki, Hiroto, 2018. "Energy security performance in Japan under different socioeconomic and energy conditions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 90(C), pages 391-401.
- Hunt., Julian David & Stilpen, Daniel & de Freitas, Marcos Aurélio Vasconcelos, 2018. "A review of the causes, impacts and solutions for electricity supply crises in Brazil," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 208-222.
- Raghoo, Pravesh & Surroop, Dinesh & Wolf, Franziska & Leal Filho, Walter & Jeetah, Pratima & Delakowitz, Bernd, 2018. "Dimensions of energy security in Small Island Developing States," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 94-101.
- Arshian Sharif & Eyup Dogan & Ameenullah Aman & Hafizah Hammad Ahmad Khan & Isma Zaighum, 2020. "Rare disaster and renewable energy in the USA: new insights from wavelet coherence and rolling-window analysis," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 103(3), pages 2731-2755, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Schaeffer, Roberto & Szklo, Alexandre Salem & Pereira de Lucena, André Frossard & Moreira Cesar Borba, Bruno Soares & Pupo Nogueira, Larissa Pinheiro & Fleming, Fernanda Pereira & Troccoli, Alberto & , 2012. "Energy sector vulnerability to climate change: A review," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Zeynep K. Hansen & Gary D. Libecap & Scott E. Lowe, 2011.
"Climate Variability and Water Infrastructure: Historical Experience in the Western United States,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Climate Change: Adaptations Past and Present, pages 253-280,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Zeynep K. Hansen & Gary D. Libecap & Scott E. Lowe, 2009. "Climate Variability and Water Infrastructure: Historical Experience in the Western United States," NBER Working Papers 15558, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jentsch, Mark F. & James, Patrick A.B. & Bourikas, Leonidas & Bahaj, AbuBakr S., 2013. "Transforming existing weather data for worldwide locations to enable energy and building performance simulation under future climates," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 514-524.
- Karen T. Lourdes & Chris N. Gibbins & Perrine Hamel & Ruzana Sanusi & Badrul Azhar & Alex M. Lechner, 2021. "A Review of Urban Ecosystem Services Research in Southeast Asia," Land, MDPI, vol. 10(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Ruda Zhang & Patrick Wingo & Rodrigo Duran & Kelly Rose & Jennifer Bauer & Roger Ghanem, 2020. "Environmental Economics and Uncertainty: Review and a Machine Learning Outlook," Papers 2004.11780, arXiv.org.
- Dobes Leo & Jotzo Frank & Stern David I., 2014.
"The Economics of Global Climate Change: A Historical Literature Review,"
Review of Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 65(3), pages 281-320, December.
- David I. Stern & Frank Jotzo & Leo Dobes, 2013. "The Economics of Global Climate Change: A Historical Literature Review," CCEP Working Papers 1307, Centre for Climate & Energy Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Stern, David I. & Jotzo, Frank & Dobes, Leo, 2013. "The Economics of Global Climate Change: A Historical Literature Review," Working Papers 249412, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Xiaowen Ding & Lin Liu & Guohe Huang & Ye Xu & Junhong Guo, 2019. "A Multi-Objective Optimization Model for a Non-Traditional Energy System in Beijing under Climate Change Conditions," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(9), pages 1-21, May.
- Detlef Vuuren & Keywan Riahi, 2011. "The relationship between short-term emissions and long-term concentration targets," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 104(3), pages 793-801, February.
- Stephen Howes & Paul Wyrwoll, 2012. "Climate Change Mitigation and Green Growth in Developing Asia," Working Papers id:5059, eSocialSciences.
- Howes, Stephen & Wyrwoll, Paul, 2012. "Climate Change Mitigation and Green Growth in Developing Asia," ADBI Working Papers 369, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Melania Michetti & Matteo Zampieri, 2014. "Climate–Human–Land Interactions: A Review of Major Modelling Approaches," Land, MDPI, vol. 3(3), pages 1-41, July.
- Wei, Yi-Ming & Mi, Zhi-Fu & Huang, Zhimin, 2015.
"Climate policy modeling: An online SCI-E and SSCI based literature review,"
Omega, Elsevier, vol. 57(PA), pages 70-84.
- Yi-Ming Wei & Zhi-Fu Mi & Zhiming Huang, 2014. "Climate policy modeling: An online SCI-E and SSCI based literature review," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 58, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Benjamin L. Preston & Kirstin Dow & Frans Berkhout, 2013. "The Climate Adaptation Frontier," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 5(3), pages 1-25, March.
- Matthias Bruckner, 2012. "Climate change vulnerability and the identification of least developed countries," CDP Background Papers 015, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Nicola Ranger & Swenja Surminski, 2011. "A preliminary assessment of the impact of climate change on non-life insurance demand in the BRICS economies," GRI Working Papers 63, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Marcos A. Lana & Ana Carolina F. Vasconcelos & Christoph Gornott & Angela Schaffert & Michelle Bonatti & Johanna Volk & Frieder Graef & Kurt Christian Kersebaum & Stefan Sieber, 2018. "Is dry soil planting an adaptation strategy for maize cultivation in semi-arid Tanzania?," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 10(4), pages 897-910, August.
- Bonjean Stanton, Muriel C. & Dessai, Suraje & Paavola, Jouni, 2016. "A systematic review of the impacts of climate variability and change on electricity systems in Europe," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 1148-1159.
- Babatunde O. Abidoye & Pradeep Kurukulasuriya & Brian Reed & Robert Mendelsohn, 2017. "Structural Ricardian Analysis Of South-East Asian Agriculture," Climate Change Economics (CCE), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 8(03), pages 1-17, August.
- de Queiroz, Anderson Rodrigo & Marangon Lima, Luana M. & Marangon Lima, José W. & da Silva, Benedito C. & Scianni, Luciana A., 2016. "Climate change impacts in the energy supply of the Brazilian hydro-dominant power system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 379-389.
- Ruffato-Ferreira, Vera & da Costa Barreto, Renata & Oscar Júnior, Antonio & Silva, Wanderson Luiz & de Berrêdo Viana, Daniel & do Nascimento, José Antonio Sena & de Freitas, Marcos Aurélio Vasconcelos, 2017. "A foundation for the strategic long-term planning of the renewable energy sector in Brazil: Hydroelectricity and wind energy in the face of climate change scenarios," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 1124-1137.
More about this item
KeywordsDrought; Climate change; Energy security; Electricity generation; Renewable energy;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:53:y:2016:i:c:p:50-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.