Economic returns to residential green building investment: The developers' perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yongheng Deng & Peng Liu, 2009. "Mortgage Prepayment and Default Behavior with Embedded Forward Contract Risks in China’s Housing Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(3), pages 214-240, April.
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2013.
"The Economics of Green Building,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 95(1), pages 50-63, March.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2010. "The Economics of Green Building," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt3k16p2rj, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- Deng, Yongheng & Li, Zhiliang & Quigley, John M., 2012. "Economic returns to energy-efficient investments in the housing market: Evidence from Singapore," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 506-515.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2011. "Green Noise or Green Value? Measuring the Effects of Environmental Certification on Office Values," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 45-69, March.
- K. Chau & S. Wong & C. Yiu, 2007. "Housing Quality in the Forward Contracts Market," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 313-325, April.
- Karen M. McGrath, 2013. "The effects of eco-certification on office properties: a cap rates-based analysis," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(4), pages 345-365, December.
- Franz Fuerst & Patrick McAllister, 2009.
"An Investigation of the Effect of Eco-Labeling on Office Occupancy Rates,"
Real Estate & Planning Working Papers
rep-wp2009-08, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Patrick, 2009. "An Investigation of the Effect of Eco-Labeling on Office Occupancy Rates," MPRA Paper 15799, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Case, Karl E & Shiller, Robert J, 1989.
"The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 125-137, March.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "The Efficiency of the Market for Single-Family Homes," NBER Working Papers 2506, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sing, Tien-Foo & Tsai, I-Chun & Chen, Ming-Chi, 2006. "Price dynamics in public and private housing markets in Singapore," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 305-320, December.
- Brounen, Dirk & Kok, Nils, 2011. "On the economics of energy labels in the housing market," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 166-179, September.
- Nils Kok & Marquise McGraw & John M. Quigley, 2011. "The Diffusion of Energy Efficiency in Building," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 101(3), pages 77-82, May.
- Black, Dan A. & Smith, J.A.Jeffrey A., 2004.
"How robust is the evidence on the effects of college quality? Evidence from matching,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 121(1-2), pages 99-124.
- Dan A. Black & Jeffrey Smith, 2003. "How Robust is the Evidence on the Effects of College Quality? Evidence From Matching," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20033, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Piet Eichholtz & Nils Kok & John M. Quigley, 2010.
"Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(5), pages 2492-2509, December.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Quigley, John M., 2009. "Doing Well by Doing Good? Green Office Buildings," Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy, Working Paper Series qt507394s4, Berkeley Program on Housing and Urban Policy.
- McMillen, Daniel P., 2008. "Changes in the distribution of house prices over time: Structural characteristics, neighborhood, or coefficients?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 573-589, November.
- Zheng, Siqi & Wu, Jing & Kahn, Matthew E. & Deng, Yongheng, 2012. "The nascent market for “green” real estate in Beijing," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 56(5), pages 974-984.
- Zheng, Siqi & Kahn, Matthew E., 2008. "Land and residential property markets in a booming economy: New evidence from Beijing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 743-757, March.
- Capozza, Dennis R. & Seguin, Paul J., 1996.
"Expectations, efficiency, and euphoria in the housing market,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 369-386, June.
- Dennis R. Capozza & Paul J. Seguin, 1995. "Expectations, Efficiency, and Euphoria in the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 5179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eichholtz, Piet & Kok, Nils & Yonder, Erkan, 2012. "Portfolio greenness and the financial performance of REITs," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1911-1929.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fuerst, Franz & McAllister, Pat & Nanda, Anupam & Wyatt, Pete, 2016.
"Energy performance ratings and house prices in Wales: An empirical study,"
Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 20-33.
- Franz Fuerst & Pat McAllister & Anupam Nanda & Peter Wyatt, 2015. "Energy Performance Ratings and House Prices in Wales: An Empirical Study," ERES eres2015_112, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- repec:pal:assmgt:v:19:y:2018:i:4:d:10.1057_s41260-018-0079-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Walls, Margaret & Gerarden, Todd & Palmer, Karen & Bak, Xian Fang, 2017. "Is energy efficiency capitalized into home prices? Evidence from three U.S. cities," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 104-124.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:74:y:2018:i:c:p:1-12 is not listed on IDEAS
- Copiello, Sergio, 2017. "Building energy efficiency: A research branch made of paradoxes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 1064-1076.
- repec:eee:ecolet:v:163:y:2018:i:c:p:36-39 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helen X. H. Bao & Steven Haotong Li, 2016. "Overconfidence And Real Estate Research: A Survey Of The Literature," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(04), pages 1-24, September.
- Zhang, Li & Sun, Cong & Liu, Hongyu & Zheng, Siqi, 2016. "The role of public information in increasing homebuyers' willingness-to-pay for green housing: Evidence from Beijing," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 40-49.
- repec:eso:journl:v:49:y:2018:i:2:p:145-172 is not listed on IDEAS
- He, Jia & Wu, Jing, 2016. "Doing well by doing good? The case of housing construction quality in China," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 46-53.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:121:y:2018:i:c:p:225-235 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental sustainability; Green residential building; Singapore Green Mark system; Energy-efficiency investment; Financial performance;
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- G3 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:47:y:2014:i:c:p:35-44. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.