Estimating the impact of England's area-based intervention 'New Deal for Communities' on employment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Lechner, 2002. "Program Heterogeneity And Propensity Score Matching: An Application To The Evaluation Of Active Labor Market Policies," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 205-220, May.
- Markus Frölich & Almas Heshmati & Michael Lechner, 2004.
"A microeconometric evaluation of rehabilitation of long-term sickness in Sweden,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 375-396.
- Frölich, Markus & Heshmati, Almas & Lechner, Michael, 2000. "A Microeconometric Evaluation of Rehabilitation of Long-term Sickness in Sweden," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 373, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 07 Jun 2000.
- A. Smith, Jeffrey & E. Todd, Petra, 2005.
"Does matching overcome LaLonde's critique of nonexperimental estimators?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 125(1-2), pages 305-353.
- Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 2003. "Does Matching Overcome Lalonde's Critique of Nonexperimental Estimators?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20035, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- O'Keefe, Suzanne, 2004. "Job creation in California's enterprise zones: a comparison using a propensity score matching model," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 131-150, January.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roxana Gutiérrez Romero & Michael Noble, 2008. "Evaluating England's 'New Deal for Communities' programme using the difference-in-difference method," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(6), pages 759-778, November.
- David Wilkinson, 2003. "New Deal For Young People: Evaluation Of Unemployment Flows," PSI Research Discussion Series 15, Policy Studies Institute, UK.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2004. "An Evaluation of the Swedish System of Active Labor Market Programs in the 1990s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 133-155, February.
- Daniel P. McMillen & John F. McDonald, 2002. "Land Values In A Newly Zoned City," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 62-72, February.
- Gillian R Smith, 1999. "Area-based Initiatives: The rationale and options for area targeting," CASE Papers 025, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Sascha O. Becker & Andrea Ichino, 2002. "Estimation of average treatment effects based on propensity scores," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 2(4), pages 358-377, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Neumark, David & Simpson, Helen, 2015.
Handbook of Regional and Urban Economics,
- David Neumark & Helen Simpson, 2014. "Place-Based Policies," NBER Working Papers 20049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & Helen Simpson, 2014. "Place-Based Policies," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 14/331, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- David Neumark & Helen Simpson, 2014. "Place-based policies," Working Papers 1410, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- Neumark, David & Simpson, Helen, 2014. "Place-Based Policies," CEPR Discussion Papers 10131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roxana Gutiérrez-Romero, 2012. "Determinants of Spanish Firms' Life Cycle and Job Creation: A Pseudo-Panel Approach," Working Papers wpdea1209, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Givord, Pauline & Rathelot, Roland & Sillard, Patrick, 2013.
"Place-based tax exemptions and displacement effects: An evaluation of the Zones Franches Urbaines program,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 151-163.
- Pauline Givord & Roland Rathelot & Patrick Sillard, 2011. "Place-based Tax Exemptions and Displacement Effects : An Evaluation of the Zones Franches Urbaines Program," Working Papers 2011-19, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Accetturo, Antonio & de Blasio, Guido, 2012.
"Policies for local development: An evaluation of Italy's “Patti Territoriali”,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(1-2), pages 15-26.
- Antonio Accetturo & Guido de Blasio, 2011. "Policies for local development: an evaluation of Italy's "Patti Territoriali"," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 789, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- repec:eee:jhouse:v:37:y:2017:i:c:p:67-83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Yongheng & McMillen, Daniel P. & Sing, Tien Foo, 2012. "Private residential price indices in Singapore: A matching approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 485-494.
- Hurst, Needham B. & West, Sarah E., 2014. "Public transit and urban redevelopment: The effect of light rail transit on land use in Minneapolis, Minnesota," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 57-72.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:25-41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Deng, Yongheng & McMillen, Daniel P. & Sing, Tien Foo, 2014. "Matching indices for thinly-traded commercial real estate in Singapore," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 86-98.
More about this item
KeywordsProgram evaluation Regional development policy Unemployment;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:regeco:v:39:y:2009:i:3:p:323-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/regec .