Comparative assessment of severe accident risks in the coal, oil and natural gas chains
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Laura Steinberg & Hatice Sengul & Ana Cruz, 2008. "Natech risk and management: an assessment of the state of the art," Natural Hazards: Journal of the International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, Springer;International Society for the Prevention and Mitigation of Natural Hazards, vol. 46(2), pages 143-152, August.
- Burgherr, Peter & Hirschberg, Stefan, 2008. "Severe accident risks in fossil energy chains: A comparative analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 538-553.
- Felder, Frank A., 2009. "A critical assessment of energy accident studies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5744-5751, December.
- Scholtens, Bert & Boersen, Arieke, 2011. "Stocks and energy shocks: The impact of energy accidents on stock market value," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1698-1702.
- Kaiser, Mark J. & Yu, Yunke & Jablonowski, Christopher J., 2009. "Modeling lost production from destroyed platforms in the 2004–2005 Gulf of Mexico hurricane seasons," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 1156-1171.
- Mabel, M. Carolin & Raj, R. Edwin & Fernandez, E., 2010. "Adequacy evaluation of wind power generation systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(12), pages 5217-5222.
- E. Zio, 2007. "From complexity science to reliability efficiency: a new way of looking at complex network systems and critical infrastructures," International Journal of Critical Infrastructures, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(3/4), pages 488-508.
- Delzeit, R. & Holm-Müller, K., 2009. "Steps to discern sustainability criteria for a certification scheme of bioethanol in Brazil: Approach and difficulties," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 662-668.
- Szklo, Alexandre & Schaeffer, Roberto, 2007. "Fuel specification, energy consumption and CO2 emission in oil refineries," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1075-1092.
- Yang, Zhao & Xiong, Zhuang & Shao, Min, 2010. "A new method of leak location for the natural gas pipeline based on wavelet analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3814-3820.
- Samson, Sundeep & Reneke, James A. & Wiecek, Margaret M., 2009. "A review of different perspectives on uncertainty and risk and an alternative modeling paradigm," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 558-567.
- Aven, Terje & Zio, Enrico, 2011. "Some considerations on the treatment of uncertainties in risk assessment for practical decision making," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 64-74.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gibon, Thomas & Arvesen, Anders & Hertwich, Edgar G., 2017. "Life cycle assessment demonstrates environmental co-benefits and trade-offs of low-carbon electricity supply options," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 1283-1290.
- Tong, Ruipeng & Yang, Xiaoyi & Li, Hongwei & Li, Jianfei, 2019. "Dual process management of coal miners’ unsafe behaviour in the Chinese context: Evidence from a meta-analysis and inspired by the JD-R model," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 205-217.
- Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Kryman, Matthew & Laine, Emily, 2015. "Profiling technological failure and disaster in the energy sector: A comparative analysis of historical energy accidents," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(P2), pages 2016-2027.
- Spada, Matteo & Paraschiv, Florentina & Burgherr, Peter, 2018. "A comparison of risk measures for accidents in the energy sector and their implications on decision-making strategies," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 154(C), pages 277-288.
- Kamenopoulos, Sotiris N. & Tsoutsos, Theocharis, 2015. "Assessment of the safe operation and maintenance of photovoltaic systems," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 93(P2), pages 1633-1638.
- Silva, Joaquim F. & Jacinto, Celeste, 2012. "Finding occupational accident patterns in the extractive industry using a systematic data mining approach," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 108-122.
- Burgherr, Peter & Hirschberg, Stefan, 2014. "Comparative risk assessment of severe accidents in the energy sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(S1), pages 45-56.
- Hirschberg, Stefan & Bauer, Christian & Burgherr, Peter & Cazzoli, Eric & Heck, Thomas & Spada, Matteo & Treyer, Karin, 2016. "Health effects of technologies for power generation: Contributions from normal operation, severe accidents and terrorist threat," Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 373-387.
More about this item
KeywordsComparative risk assessment; Fossil energy chain; ENSAD database; Severe accident; Risk indicator;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:reensy:v:105:y:2012:i:c:p:97-103. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: https://www.journals.elsevier.com/reliability-engineering-and-system-safety .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.