The status of academic women in the 1990s No longer outsiders, but not yet equals
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Larry D. Singell & Jane H. Lillydahl, 1996. "Will Changing Times Change the Allocation of Faculty Time?," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(2), pages 429-449.
- Kahn, Shulamit, 1993. "Gender Differences in Academic Career Paths of Economists," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 52-56, May.
- Toutkoushian, Robert K., 1998. "Sex Matters Less for Younger Faculty: Evidence of Disaggregate Pay Disparities from the 1988 and 1993 NCES Surveys," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 55-71, February.
- Becker, William E. & Williams, Arlington W., 1986. "Assessing personnel practices in higher education: A case study in the hiring of females," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 265-272, June.
- Marianne A. Ferber & Carole A. Green, 1982. "Traditional or Reverse Sex Discrimination? A Case Study of a Large Public University," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 35(4), pages 550-564, July.
- Marianne A. Ferber & Michelle Teiman, 1980. "Are Women Economists at a Disadvantage in Publishing Journal Articles?," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 6(3-4), pages 189-193, Aug-Oct.
- Ransom, Michael R. & Megdal, Sharon Bernstein, 1993. "Sex differences in the academic labor market in the affirmative action era," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 21-43, March.
- Laband, David N & Piette, Michael J, 1994. "Favoritism versus Search for Good Papers: Empirical Evidence Regarding the Behavior of Journal Editors," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(1), pages 194-203, February.
- Barbezat, Debra A., 1991. "Updating estimates of male-female salary differentials in the academic labor market," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 191-195, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:quaeco:v:39:y:1999:i:5:p:679-698. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.