Misperceived job hazards and welfare
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- John C. Harsanyi, 1955. "Cardinal Welfare, Individualistic Ethics, and Interpersonal Comparisons of Utility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63, pages 309.
- Fraser, Clive D., 1984. "Optimal compensation for potential fatality," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 307-332, April.
- Spence, A Michael, 1977. "Consumer Misperceptions, Product Failure and Producer Liability," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(3), pages 561-72, October.
- Viscusi, W. Kip & Moore, Michael J., 1989. "Rates of time preference and valuations of the duration of life," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 297-317, April.
- Carmichael, H Lorne, 1986. "Reputations for Safety: Market Performance and Policy Remedies," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(4), pages 458-72, October.
- Viscusi, W. Kip, 1980. "Imperfect job risk information and optimal workmen's compensation benefits," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 319-337, December.
- W. Kip Viscusi & Michael J. Moore, 1991.
"Worker Learning and Compensating Differentials,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 80-96, October.
- Richard Harris, 1976.
"Ex Post Efficiency and Resource Allocation Under Uncertainty,"
224, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Harris, Richard G, 1978. "Ex-Post Efficiency and Resource Allocation under Uncertainty," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 427-36, October.
- Rothschild, Michael & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1976. "Equilibrium in Competitive Insurance Markets: An Essay on the Economics of Imperfect Information," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 630-49, November.
- Dobbs, Ian M, 1991. "A Bayesian Approach to Decision-Making under Ambiguity," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 417-40, November.
- Marshall, John M, 1976. "Moral Hazard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 880-90, December.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1981. "Ex-ante and Ex-post Welfare Optimality under Uncertainty," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 48(191), pages 235-50, August.
- Gaynor, Martin & Kleindorfer, Paul, 1991. "Equilibrium misperceptions," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 27-30, January.
- Ulph, Alistair, 1982. "The role of ex ante and ex post decisions in the valuation of life," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 265-276, July.
- Smith, V Kerry & Johnson, F Reed, 1988. "How Do Risk Perceptions Respond to Information? The Case of Radon," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(1), pages 1-8, February.
- Arrow, Kenneth J & Lind, Robert C, 1970. "Uncertainty and the Evaluation of Public Investment Decisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(3), pages 364-78, June.
- Kay, J. A., 1983. "A general equilibrium approach to the measurement of monopoly welfare loss," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(4), pages 317-331, December.
- Rea, Samuel A, Jr, 1981. "Workmen's Compensation and Occupational Safety under Imperfect Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(1), pages 80-93, March.
- Akerlof, George A & Dickens, William T, 1982. "The Economic Consequences of Cognitive Dissonance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 307-19, June.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1983. "Ex Post Welfare Economics and the Theory of Merit Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 50(197), pages 19-33, February.
- Hettige, Hemamala & Lucas, Robert E B & Wheeler, David, 1992. "The Toxic Intensity of Industrial Production: Global Patterns, Trends, and Trade Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 478-81, May.
- Starr, Ross M, 1973. "Optimal Production and Allocation under Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 81-95, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:56:y:1995:i:1:p:97-123. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.