Who favors enlargement?: Determinants of support for EU membership in the candidate countries' referenda
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin O'Rourke, 2003.
"Heckscher-Ohlin Theory and Individual Attitudes Towards Globalization,"
NBER Working Papers
9872, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj, 2003. "Heckscher-Ohlin Theory and Individual Attitudes Towards Globalization," CEPR Discussion Papers 4018, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2003. "Heckscher-Ohlin Theory and Individual Attitudes Towards Globalization," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp07, IIIS.
- Train,Kenneth E., 2009. "Discrete Choice Methods with Simulation," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521766555.
- Lars Jonung, 2004. "The Political Economy of Monetary Unification: The Swedish Euro Referendum of 2003," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(1-2), pages 123-149, Spring/Su.
- Mayda, Anna Maria & Rodrik, Dani, 2005.
"Why are some people (and countries) more protectionist than others?,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 1393-1430, August.
- Anna Maria Mayda & Dani Rodrik, 2001. "Why Are Some People (and Countries) More Protectionist Than Others?," NBER Working Papers 8461, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anna Maria Mayda (Georgetown University) and Dani Rodrik (Harvard University), 2005. "Why are some people (and countries) more protectionist than others?," Working Papers gueconwpa~05-05-11, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Mayda, Anna Maria & Rodrik, Dani, 2001. "Why are Some People (and Countries) More Protectionist than Others?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2960, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John E. Jackson & Jacek Klich & Krystyna Poznanska, 2003. "Economic transition and elections in Poland," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(1), pages 41-66, March.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke, 2003. "Heckscher-Ohlin Theory and Individual Attitudes Towards GlobalisationInternational Financial Integration," Trinity Economics Papers 20038, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Doyle, Orla & Fidrmuc, Jan, 2003. "Anatomy of Voting Behaviour and Attitudes During Post-Communist Transition Czech Republic 1990-98," CEPR Discussion Papers 3801, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fritz Breuss, 2001. "Makroökonomische Auswirkungen der EU-Erweiterung auf alte und neue Mitglieder," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 74(11), pages 655-666, November.
- Vlachos, Jonas, 2004.
"Who wants political integration?: Evidence from the Swedish EU-membership referendum,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1589-1604, July.
- Vlachos, Jonas, 2003. "Who Wants Political Integration? Evidence from the Swedish EU-Membership Referendum," Working Paper Series 594, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Fidrmuc, Jan, 2000.
"Political support for reforms: Economics of voting in transition countries,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(8), pages 1491-1513, August.
- Fidrmuc, J., 1998. "Political Support for Reforms : Economics of Voting in Transition Countries," Discussion Paper 1998-98, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Arjan M. Lejour & Ruud A. de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001. "EU Enlargement: Economic Implications for Countries and Industries," CESifo Working Paper Series 585, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arjan Lejour & Ruud de Mooij & Richard Nahuis, 2001. "EU enlargement: economic implications for countries and industries," CPB Document 11, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Michele Boldrin & Fabio Canova, 2001. "Inequality and convergence in Europe's regions: reconsidering European regional policies," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 16(32), pages 205-253, April.
- Fritz Breuss, 2001. "Macroeconomic Effects of EU Enlargement for Old and New Members," WIFO Working Papers 143, WIFO.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Patricia Esteve-González & Bernd Theilen, 2014.
"European Integration: Partisan Motives or Economic Benefits?,"
Europe in Question Discussion Paper Series of the London School of Economics (LEQs)
1, London School of Economics / European Institute.
- Esteve, Patrícia & Theilen, Bernd, 1965-, 2014. "European Integration: Partisan Motives or Economic Benefits?," Working Papers 2072/225297, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Patricia Esteve-González & Bernd Theilen, 2014. "European Integration: Partisan Motives or Economic Benefits?," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 71, European Institute, LSE.
- Milena Nikolova & Boris Nikolaev, 2017.
"Does Joining the EU Make You Happy? Evidence from Bulgaria and Romania,"
Journal of Happiness Studies,
Springer, vol. 18(6), pages 1593-1623, December.
- Nikolova, Milena & Nikolaev, Boris, 2016. "Does Joining the EU Make You Happy? Evidence from Bulgaria and Romania," IZA Discussion Papers 9636, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Hessami, Zohal, 2009. "Globalization's Winners and Losers - Evidence from Life Satisfaction Data, 1975 - 2000," MPRA Paper 26412, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Braha, Kushtrim & Qineti, Artan & Pokrivčák, Ján & Ibraimi, Sadudin, 2014. "Agricultural Sector Transformation In Selected Countries Of South Eastern Europe," Review of Agricultural and Applied Economics (RAAE), Faculty of Economics and Management, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra, vol. 17(1), February.
- Tridimas, George, 2007. "Ratification through referendum or parliamentary vote: When to call a non-required referendum?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 674-692, September.
- Matteo Migheli, 2016. "Behind the Wall: What Remains of the “Communist Legacy” in Contemporary Europe," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 127(2), pages 671-690, June.
- Jan Fidrmuc & Martin Hulényi & Cigdem Börke Tunali, 2016. "Money Can't Buy EU Love: European Funds and the Brexit Referendum," CESifo Working Paper Series 6107, CESifo Group Munich.
- Migheli, Matteo, 2009. "The two sides of a ghost: Twenty years without the wall," POLIS Working Papers 125, Institute of Public Policy and Public Choice - POLIS.
- Natalia Melgar & Juliette Milgram & Máximo Rossi, 2009. "The role of macroeconomic performance in individual’s attitudes towards protectionism," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0809, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Matteo Migheli, 2012. "The transition of people’s preferences for the intervention of the government in the economy of re-unified Germany," Portuguese Economic Journal, Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 11(2), pages 101-126, August.
- Braha, Kushtrim & Qineti, Artan & Smutka, Lubos & Matejková, Eva & Pietriková, Miriam, 2014. "Eu Accession And Trade Integration: The Gravity Model Of Trade In The Case Of The Eu Candidate Countries," 142nd Seminar, May 29-30, 2014, Budapest, Hungary 168926, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Braha, Kushtrim & Qineti, Artan & Ibraimi, Sadudin & Imeri, Amir, 2015. "Trade and Integration: A Gravity Model of Trade for Selected EU Candidate Countries," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211371, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Martin Okolikj & Stephen Quinlan, 2016. "Context Matters: Economic Voting in the 2009 and 2014 European Parliament Elections," Politics and Governance, Cogitatio Press, vol. 4(1), pages 145-166.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:22:y:2006:i:2:p:520-543. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.