Modeling and implementation of an artificial electricity market using agent-based technology
This paper focuses on modeling power exchanges in a multi-agent interacting framework with reduced behavioral assumptions. A model of the day ahead market session of OMEL (the Spanish Power Exchange) is proposed using real demand data with simulated seller strategies. The number of sellers is defined at the first stage and the quantity of goods is distributed over the population of agents according to several initial distributions. A Clearing-house mechanism matches the cumulative demand and supply curves in order to determine the market-clearing price. The resulting price time-series are statistically tested to verify the validity of the model. Results show the main properties of real market and assess the validity of the proposed model.
Volume (Year): 355 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Derek W. Bunn and Fernando Oliveira, 2001. "An Application of Agent-based Simulation to the New Electricity Trading Arrangements of England and Wales," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 93, Society for Computational Economics.
- James Nicolaisen & Valentin Petrov & Leigh Tesfatsion, 2000.
"Market Power and Efficiency in a Computational Electricity Market with Discriminatory Double-Auction Pricing,"
- Nicolaisen, James & Petrov, Valentin & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2001. "Market Power and Efficiency in a Computational Electricity Market with Discriminatory Double-Auction Pricing," Staff General Research Papers Archive 2050, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Nicolaisen, James & Petrov, Valentin & Tesfatsion, Leigh S., 2000. "Market Power and Efficiency in a Computational Electricity Market with Discriminatory Double-Auction Pricing," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1952, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Mendelson, Haim, 1982. "Market Behavior in a Clearing House," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1505-1524, November.
- Ángel León & Antonio Rubia, 2001. "Comportamiento Del Precio Y Volatilidad En El Pool Eléctrico Español," Working Papers. Serie EC 2001-04, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie). Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)