Equilibrium payoffs of finite games
Abstract We study the structure of the set of equilibrium payoffs in finite games, both for Nash and correlated equilibria. In the two-player case, we obtain a full characterization: if U and P are subsets of , then there exists a bimatrix game whose sets of Nash and correlated equilibrium payoffs are, respectively, U and P, if and only if U is a finite union of rectangles, P is a polytope, and P contains U. The n-player case and the robustness of the result to perturbation of the payoff matrices are also studied. We show that arbitrarily close games may have arbitrarily different sets of equilibrium payoffs. All existence proofs are constructive.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Von Stengel, Bernhard, 2002. "Computing equilibria for two-person games," Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications,in: R.J. Aumann & S. Hart (ed.), Handbook of Game Theory with Economic Applications, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 45, pages 1723-1759 Elsevier.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/387 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aumann, Robert J, 1987.
"Correlated Equilibrium as an Expression of Bayesian Rationality,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Robert J. Aumann, 2010. "Correlated Equilibrium as an expression of Bayesian Rationality," Levine's Working Paper Archive 661465000000000377, David K. Levine.
- R. Aumann, 2010. "Correlated Equilibrium as an expression of Bayesian Rationality," Levine's Bibliography 513, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Aumann, Robert J., 1974. "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 67-96, March.
- AUMANN, Robert J., "undated". "Subjectivity and correlation in randomized strategies," CORE Discussion Papers RP 167, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- R. Aumann, 2010. "Subjectivity and Correlation in Randomized Strategies," Levine's Working Paper Archive 389, David K. Levine.
- David Avis & Gabriel Rosenberg & Rahul Savani & Bernhard Stengel, 2010. "Enumeration of Nash equilibria for two-player games," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(1), pages 9-37, January.
- Viossat, Yannick, 2008. "Is having a unique equilibrium robust?," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1152-1160, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:47:y:2011:i:1:p:48-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.