The Walras core of an economy and its limit theorem
The Walras core of an economy is the set of allocations that are attainable for the consumers when their trades are constrained to be based on some agreed set of prices, and such that no alternative price system exists for any sub-coalition that allows all members to trade to something better. As compared with the Edgeworth core, both coalitional improvements and being a candidate allocation for the Walras core become harder. The Walras core may even contain allocations that violate the usual Pareto effciency. Nevertheless, the competitive allocations are the same under the two theories, and the equal-treatment Walras core allocations converge under general conditions to the competitive allocations in the process of replication.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cheng, Hsueh-Cheng, 1982. "Generic Examples of the Rate of Convergence of the Core," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(2), pages 309-21, June.
- Shapley, Lloyd S. & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "On market games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 9-25, June.
- Qin, Cheng-Zhong, 1993. "A Conjecture of Shapley and Shubik on Competitive Outcomes in the Cores of NTU Market Games," International Journal of Game Theory, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 335-44.
- Cheng, Hsueh-Cheng, 1981. "What Is the Normal Rate of Convergence of the Core? (Part I)," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(1), pages 73-83, January.
- Grodal, Birgit, 1975. "The rate of convergence of the core for a purely competitive sequence of economies," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 171-186.
- Billera, Louis J., 1974. "On games without side payments arising from a general class of markets," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 129-139, August.
- Florenzano Monique, 1988. "Edgeworth equilibria, fuzzy core and equilibria of a production economy without ordered preferences," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8822, CEPREMAP.
- Debreu, Gerard, 1975. "The rate of convergence of the core of an economy," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 1-7, March.
- Aumann, Robert J, 1979. "On the Rate of Convergence of the Core," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 20(2), pages 349-57, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:42:y:2006:i:2:p:180-197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.