The Condorcet efficiency of approval voting and the probability of electing the Condorcet loser
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tataru, Maria & Merlin, Vincent, 1997. "On the relationship of the Condorcet winner and positional voting rules," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 81-90, August.
- Gehrlein, William V. & Fishburn, Peter C., 1978. "Probabilities of election outcomes for large electorates," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 38-49, October.
- Lepelley, Dominique, 1993. "On the probability of electing the Condorcet," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 105-116, February.
- William Gehrlein & Peter Fishburn, 1981. "Constant scoring rules for choosing one among many alternatives," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 203-210, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gehrlein, William V. & Lepelley, Dominique & Moyouwou, Issofa, 2016.
"A note on Approval Voting and electing the Condorcet loser,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 115-122.
- William V. Gehrlein & Dominique Lepelley & Issofa Moyouwou, 2016. "A note on Approval Voting and electing the Condorcet loser," Post-Print hal-01452548, HAL.
- Eyal Baharad & Shmuel Nitzan, 2011.
"Condorcet vs. Borda in light of a dual majoritarian approach,"
Theory and Decision,
Springer, vol. 71(2), pages 151-162, August.
- Eyal Baharad & Shmuel Nitzan, 2010. "Condorcet vs. Borda in Light of a Dual Majoritarian Approach," Working Papers 2010-07, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:51:y:2017:i:6:d:10.1007_s11135-016-0446-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hans Peters & Souvik Roy & Ton Storcken, 2012.
"On the manipulability of approval voting and related scoring rules,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 39(2), pages 399-429, July.
- Peters Hans & Roy Souvik & Storcken Ton, 2009. "On the manipulability of approval voting and related scoring rules," Research Memorandum 060, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Dhillon, Amrita & Lockwood, Ben, 2004.
"When are plurality rule voting games dominance-solvable?,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 55-75, January.
- Dhillon, A. & Lockwood, B., 1999. "When are Plurality Rule Voting Games Dominance-Solvable?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 549, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Regenwetter, Michel & Grofman, Bernard & Marley, A. A. J., 2002. "On the model dependence of majority preference relations reconstructed from ballot or survey data," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 451-466, July.
- Merlin, Vincent & Valognes, Fabrice, 2004.
"The impact of indifferent voters on the likelihood of some voting paradoxes,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 343-361, November.
- Vincent Merlin & Fabrice Valognes, 2004. "The Impact of Indifferent Voters on the Likelihood of some Voting Paradoxes," Post-Print halshs-00069089, HAL.
- repec:spr:grdene:v:24:y:2015:i:2:d:10.1007_s10726-014-9388-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hammer, P.L. & Kogan, A. & Lejeune, M.A., 2006. "Modeling country risk ratings using partial orders," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(2), pages 836-859, December.
- Eric Kamwa, 2018. "On the Likelihood of the Borda Effect: The Overall Probabilities for General Weighted Scoring Rules and Scoring Runoff Rules," Working Papers hal-01786590, HAL.
- William V. Gehrlein & Dominique Lepelley, 2015.
"The Condorcet Efficiency Advantage that Voter Indifference Gives to Approval Voting Over Some Other Voting Rules,"
Group Decision and Negotiation,
Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 243-269, March.
- William V. Gehrlein & Dominique Lepelley, 2014. "The Condorcet Efficiency Advantage that Voter Indifference Gives to Approval Voting Over Some Other Voting Rules," Post-Print hal-01450834, HAL.
- Dan Felsenthal & Nicolaus Tideman, 2014. "Weak Condorcet winner(s) revisited," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 160(3), pages 313-326, September.
- Antoinette Baujard & Herrade Igersheim, 2007. "Expérimentation du vote par note et du vote par approbation lors de l'élection présidentielle française du 22 avril 2007," Post-Print halshs-00337290, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mateco:v:29:y:1998:i:3:p:271-283. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.