Is certification a viable option for small producer fish farmers in the global south? Insights from Vietnam
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vandergeest, Peter, 2007. "Certification and Communities: Alternatives for Regulating the Environmental and Social Impacts of Shrimp Farming," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1152-1171, July.
- Little, David C. & Bush, Simon R. & Belton, Ben & Thanh Phuong, Nguyen & Young, James A. & Murray, Francis J., 2012. "Whitefish wars: Pangasius, politics and consumer confusion in Europe," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 738-745.
- Belton, Ben & Haque, Mohammad Mahfujul & Little, David C. & Sinh, Le Xuan, 2011. "Certifying catfish in Vietnam and Bangladesh: Who will make the grade and will it matter?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 289-299, April.
- Tran, Nhuong & Bailey, Conner & Wilson, Norbert & Phillips, Michael, 2013. "Governance of Global Value Chains in Response to Food Safety and Certification Standards: The Case of Shrimp from Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 325-336.
- Pérez-Ramírez, Mónica & Phillips, Bruce & Lluch-Belda, Daniel & Lluch-Cota, Salvador, 2012. "Perspectives for implementing fisheries certification in developing countries," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 297-302, January.
- Masahiro Kagawa & Conner Bailey, 2006. "Trade Linkages in Shrimp Exports: Japan, Thailand and Vietnam," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 24(3), pages 303-319, May.
- BÎ˜nÎ˜, C. & Chijere Asafu, D.G. & Allison, E.H. & Snyder, K., 2012. "Design and implementation of fishery modules in integrated household surveys in developing countries," Working Papers, The WorldFish Center, number 39853, November.
- Bush, Simon R. & Toonen, Hilde & Oosterveer, Peter & Mol, Arthur P.J., 2013. "The ‘devils triangle’ of MSC certification: Balancing credibility, accessibility and continuous improvement," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 288-293.
- Vo Loc & Simon Bush & Le Sinh & Nguyen Khiem, 2010. "High and low value fish chains in the Mekong Delta: challenges for livelihoods and governance," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 12(6), pages 889-908, December.
- Tran Thi Thu Ha & Simon R Bush, 2010. "Transformations of Vietnamese shrimp aquaculture policy: empirical evidence from the Mekong Delta," Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(6), pages 1101-1119, December.
- Armitage, Derek & Marschke, Melissa & van Tuyen, Truong, 2011. "Early-stage transformation of coastal marine governance in Vietnam?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 703-711, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- von Braun, Joachim & Mirzabaev, Alisher, 2015. "Small Farms: Changing Structures and Roles in Economic Development," Discussion Papers 210464, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Thi Huong Tran, 2018. "Critical factors and enablers of food quality and safety compliance risk management in the Vietnamese seafood supply chain," Papers 1805.12109, arXiv.org.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2015. "A study on market inclusion through enhanced eco-management in Bulgarian farms," MPRA Paper 65309, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eco:journ1:2019-01-5 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCertification; Small producer aquaculture; Shrimp; Standards; Sustainability; Vietnam;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:marpol:v:50:y:2014:i:pa:p:197-206. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/marpol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.