Unintended consequences of child care regulations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David M. Blau, 2003. "Do child care regulations affect the child care and labor markets?," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(3), pages 443-465.
- David M. Blau & H. Naci Mocan, 2002. "The Supply Of Quality In Child Care Centers," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 483-496, August.
- Morris M. Kleiner, 2000. "Occupational Licensing," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 189-202, Fall.
- H. Naci Mocan, 2001. "Can Consumers Detect Lemons? Information Asymmetry in the Market for Child Care," NBER Working Papers 8291, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Currie, Janet & Hotz, V. Joseph, 2004.
"Accidents will happen?: Unintentional childhood injuries and the effects of child care regulations,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 25-59, January.
- Janet Currie & V. Joseph Hotz, 2002. "Accidents Will Happen? Unintentional Childhood Injuries and the Effects of Child Care Regulations," JCPR Working Papers 268, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 2000.
"Unnatural Experiments? Estimating the Incidence of Endogenous Policies,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(467), pages 672-694, November.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1994. "Unnatural Experiments? Estimating the Incidence of Endogenous Policies," NBER Working Papers 4956, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- William T. Gormley, 1991. "State regulations and the availability of child-care services," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 78-95.
- Uri Ronnen, 1991. "Minimum Quality Standards, Fixed Costs, and Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 490-504, Winter.
- Leland, Hayne E, 1979. "Quacks, Lemons, and Licensing: A Theory of Minimum Quality Standards," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1328-1346, December.
- Alan B. Krueger, 2003. "Economic Considerations and Class Size," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(485), pages 34-63, February.
- H. Naci Mocan & Deborah Viola, 1997. "The Determinants of Child Care Workers' Wages and Compensation: Sectoral Differences, Human Capital, Race, Insiders and Outsiders," NBER Working Papers 6328, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chipty, Tasneem, 1995. "Economic Effects of Quality Regulations in the Day-Care Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 419-424, May.
- Susan Rose-Ackerman, 1983. "Unintended consequences: Regulating the quality of subsidized day care," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 3(1), pages 14-30.
- Moulton, Brent R., 1986. "Random group effects and the precision of regression estimates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 385-397, August.
- Carl Shapiro, 1986. "Investment, Moral Hazard, and Occupational Licensing," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 53(5), pages 843-862.
- David M. Blau, 1997. "The Production of Quality in Child Care Centers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 32(2), pages 354-387.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magnuson, Katherine & Shager, Hilary, 2010. "Early education: Progress and promise for children from low-income families," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1186-1198, September.
- Daiji Kawaguchi & Tetsushi Murao & Ryo Kambayashi, 2014.
"Incidence of Strict Quality Standards: Protection of Consumers or Windfall for Professionals?,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 195-224.
- Kawaguchi, Daiji & Murao, Tetsushi & Kambayashi, Ryo, 2013. "Incidence of Strict Quality Standards: Protection of Consumers or Windfall for Professionals?," IZA Discussion Papers 7443, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pia Caronongan & Gretchen Kirby & Kimberly Boller & Emily Modlin & Julia Lyskawa, "undated". "Assessing the Implementation and Cost of High Quality Early Care and Education: A Review of the Literature," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7d1f69265b98407b8f0a401a6, Mathematica Policy Research.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Mo Xiao, 2005. "The Impact of Minimum Quality Standards on Firm Entry, Exit and Product Quality: The Case of the Child Care Market," Working Papers 05-28, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Bastos, Paulo & Cristia, Julian, 2012. "Supply and quality choices in private child care markets: Evidence from São Paulo," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 242-255.
- repec:iza:izawol:journl:2017:n:362 is not listed on IDEAS
- V. Joseph Hotz & Mo Xiao, 2011.
"The Impact of Regulations on the Supply and Quality of Care in Child Care Markets,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 101(5), pages 1775-1805, August.
- V. Joseph Hotz & Mo Xiao, 2005. "The Impact of Regulations on the Supply and Quality of Care in Child Care Markets," NBER Working Papers 11873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bönisch Peter & Tagge Sven, 2012. "The Optimal Size of German Child Care Centers and the Impact of Regulation: Estimating the Cost Function of a Regulated Multi-Product Firm," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 232(5), pages 545-566, October.
- Eiizabeth Davis & Lynn A. Karoly & Bobbie Weber & Pia Caronongan & Kathryn Tout & Patti Banghart & Sara Shaw & Anne Partika, "undated". "Market Rate Surveys and Alternative Methods of Data Collection and Analysis to Inform Subsidy Payment Rates," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 2a289a38baf940d7ab9686b38, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Zierow, Larissa, 2017. "Regulating Child Care Markets. Center-based Care vs. Family Day-Care in Germany," Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168052, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:labeco:v:14:y:2007:i:3:p:513-538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.