The EU internal electricity market: Done forever?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Henriot, Arthur, 2013.
"Financing investment in the European electricity transmission network: Consequences on long-term sustainability of the TSOs financial structure,"
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 821-829.
- Arthur Henriot, 2013. "Financing investment in the European electricity transmission network: Consequences on long-term sustainability of the TSOs financial structure," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/27, European University Institute.
- Peter Cramton & Axel Ockenfels, 2012. "Economics and Design of Capacity Markets for the Power Sector," Papers of Peter Cramton 12cocap, University of Maryland, Department of Economics - Peter Cramton, revised 2012.
- Weigt, Hannes & Hirschhausen, Christian von, 2008.
"Price formation and market power in the German wholesale electricity market in 2006,"
Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4227-4234, November.
- Weigt, Hannes & von Hirschhausen, Christian, 2007. "Price Formation and Market Power in the German Wholesale Electricity Market in 2006," MPRA Paper 65662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olmos, Luis & Pérez-Arriaga, Ignacio J., 2009. "A comprehensive approach for computation and implementation of efficient electricity transmission network charges," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 5285-5295, December.
- Christian von Hirschhausen & Claudia Kemfert & Friedrich Kunz & Roman Mendelevitch, 2013. "Europäische Stromerzeugung nach 2020: Beitrag erneuerbarer Energien nicht unterschätzen," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 80(29), pages 3-13.
- Graeme Guthrie, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 44(4), pages 925-972, December.
- Lars Bergman, 2009. "Addressing Market Power and Industry Restructuring," Chapters,in: Electricity Reform in Europe, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stephen Littlechild, 2012. "Regulation and Customer Engagement," Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1).
- Pollitt, M.G., 2008. "The Future of Electricity (and Gas) Regulation," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0819, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Olmos, Luis & Ruester, Sophia & Liong, Siok-Jen & Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2011. "Energy efficiency actions related to the rollout of smart meters for small consumers, application to the Austrian system," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 4396-4409.
- Michael G. Pollitt, 2008. "The Future of Electricity (and Gas) Regulation in a Low-carbon Policy World," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 63-94.
- Green, Richard, 2006. "Market power mitigation in the UK power market," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 76-89, June.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2008. "Liberalisation and R&D in network industries: The case of the electricity industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 995-1008, July.
- Marques, António Cardoso & Fuinhas, José Alberto, 2012. "Are public policies towards renewables successful? Evidence from European countries," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 109-118.
- D. Finon & V. Pignon, 2008. "Capacity mechanisms in imperfect electricity markets," Post-Print hal-00716763, HAL.
- Pasaoglu, Guzay & Honselaar, Michel & Thiel, Christian, 2012. "Potential vehicle fleet CO2 reductions and cost implications for various vehicle technology deployment scenarios in Europe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 404-421.
- Zachmann, Georg, 2008. "Electricity wholesale market prices in Europe: Convergence?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 1659-1671, July.
- Guthrie, Graeme, 2006. "Regulating Infrastructure: The Impact on Risk and Investment," Working Paper Series 3851, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Nikogosian, Vigen & Veith, Tobias, 2011. "Vertical integration, separation and non-price discrimination: An empirical analysis of German electricity markets for residential customers," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-069, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Haikel Khalfallah & Jean-Michel Glachant, 2012. "An assessment of the tools of incentive regulation in electricity networks," ECONOMICS AND POLICY OF ENERGY AND THE ENVIRONMENT, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 0(1), pages 121-152.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/13448 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haikel Khalfallah & Jean-Michel Glachant, 2012. "An Assessment of the Tools of Incentive Regulation in Electricity Networks," Post-Print halshs-00818109, HAL.
- Frank A. Wolak, 2003. "Measuring Unilateral Market Power in Wholesale Electricity Markets: The California Market, 1998–2000," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 425-430, May.
- Jean-Michel Glachant, 2010. "The Achievement of the EU Electricity Internal Market through Market Coupling," RSCAS Working Papers 2010/87, European University Institute.
- Finon, Dominique & Pignon, Virginie, 2008. "Capacity mechanisms in imperfect electricity markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 141-142, September.
- Jean-Michel Glachant & François Lévêque, 2009. "The Electricity Internal Market in the European Union: What to do Next?," Chapters,in: Electricity Reform in Europe, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karsten Neuhoff & Sophia Rüster & Sebastian Schwenen, 2015. "Power Market Design beyond 2020: Time to Revisit Key Elements?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1456, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:1312-1320 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Curtis, Valeria Di Cosmo, and Paul Deane, 2014.
"Climate policy, interconnection and carbon leakage: The effect of unilateral UK policy on electricity and GHG emissions in Ireland,"
Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy,
International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Curtis, John & di Cosmo, Valeria & Deane, Paul, 2013. "Climate policy, Interconnection and Carbon Leakage: the Effect of Unilateral UK Policy on Electricity and GHG Emissions in Ireland," Papers WP458, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Curtis, John & di Cosmo, Valeria & Deane, Paul, 2014. "Climate Policy, Interconnection and Carbon Leakage: The Effect of Unilateral UK Policy on Electricity and GHG Emissions in Ireland," Papers RB2014/1/7, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- repec:eee:enepol:v:122:y:2018:i:c:p:322-331 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:10:p:2715-:d:174959 is not listed on IDEAS
- Freitas, Carlos J. Pereira & Silva, Patrícia Pereira da, 2015. "European Union emissions trading scheme impact on the Spanish electricity price during phase II and phase III implementation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 54-62.
- Griffiths, Steven, 2017. "A review and assessment of energy policy in the Middle East and North Africa region," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 249-269.
- Mastropietro, Paolo & Barroso, Luiz A. & Batlle, Carlos, 2015. "Power transmission regulation in a liberalised context: An analysis of innovative solutions in South American markets," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 1-9.
- Torriti, Jacopo, 2014. "Privatisation and cross-border electricity trade: From internal market to European Supergrid?," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 635-640.
- Hyland, Marie, 2016.
"Restructuring European electricity markets – A panel data analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 33-42.
- Hyland, Marie, 2015. "Restructuring European Electricity Markets ? A Panel Data Analysis," Papers WP504, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Gaffney, F. & Deane, J.P. & Gallachóir, B.P.Ó, 2017. "A 100 year review of electricity policy in Ireland (1916–2015)," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 67-79.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:110:y:2017:i:c:p:137-143 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hélène Le Cadre & Anthony Papavasiliou & Yves Smeers, 2015. "Wind Farm Portfolio Optimization under Network Capacity Constraints," Post-Print hal-01007992, HAL.
- Glachant, Jean-Michel, 2016. "Tacking stock of the EU “Power Target Model”… and steering its future course," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 673-679.
- repec:eee:juipol:v:45:y:2017:i:c:p:118-127 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bigerna, Simona & Bollino, Carlo Andrea & Ciferri, Davide & Polinori, Paolo, 2017. "Renewables diffusion and contagion effect in Italian regional electricity markets: Assessment and policy implications," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 68(P1), pages 199-211.
- Ringler, Philipp & Keles, Dogan & Fichtner, Wolf, 2017. "How to benefit from a common European electricity market design," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 629-643.
- Jean-Michel Glachant, 2014. "Governance in Network Industries: Lessons Learnt from New Institutional Economics," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/67, European University Institute.
More about this item
KeywordsEU internal market; Power sector reform; Market design; Renewable integration;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:juipol:v:31:y:2014:i:c:p:221-228. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.