A wavelet analysis of the relationship between oil and natural gas prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Aviral Kumar Tiwari & Zinnia Mukherjee & Rangan Gupta & Mehmet Balcilar, 2018. "A Wavelet Analysis of the Relationship between Oil and Natural Gas Prices," Working Papers 201831, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles F. Mason & Lucija A. Muehlenbachs & Sheila M. Olmstead, 2015.
"The Economics of Shale Gas Development,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 7(1), pages 269-289, October.
- Charles F. Mason & Lucija A. Muehlenbachs & Sheila M. Olmstead, 2015. "The Economics of Shale Gas Development," Working Papers 2015.17, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Mason, Charles F. & Muehlenbachs, Lucija A. & Olmstead, Sheila M., 2015. "The Economics of Shale Gas Development," Energy: Resources and Markets 198980, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Lutz Kilian, 2016.
"The Impact of the Shale Oil Revolution on U.S. Oil and Gasoline Prices,"
Review of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(2), pages 185-205.
- Kilian, Lutz, 2014. "The impact of the shale oil revolution on U.S. oil and gasoline prices," CFS Working Paper Series 499, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Kilian, Lutz, 2014. "The Impact of the Shale Oil Revolution on U.S. Oil and Gasoline Prices," CEPR Discussion Papers 10304, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lutz Kilian, 2016. "The Impact of the Shale Oil Revolution on U.S. Oil and Gasoline Prices," CESifo Working Paper Series 5723, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yogo, Motohiro, 2008. "Measuring business cycles: A wavelet analysis of economic time series," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 208-212, August.
- Peter R. Hartley and Kenneth B. Medlock III, 2014. "The Relationship between Crude Oil and Natural Gas Prices: The Role of the Exchange Rate," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Balcilar, Mehmet & Ozdemir, Zeynel Abidin & Arslanturk, Yalcin, 2010. "Economic growth and energy consumption causal nexus viewed through a bootstrap rolling window," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1398-1410, November.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:79-88 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:511-519 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Hausman & Ryan Kellogg, 2015.
"Welfare and Distributional Implications of Shale Gas,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 46(1 (Spring), pages 71-139.
- Catherine Hausman & Ryan Kellogg, 2015. "Welfare and Distributional Implications of Shale Gas," NBER Working Papers 21115, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:eee:energy:v:141:y:2017:i:c:p:12-19 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aguiar-Conraria, LuIÂ´s & Joana Soares, Maria, 2011.
"Business cycle synchronization and the Euro: A wavelet analysis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 477-489, September.
- Luís Francisco Aguiar & Maria Joana Soares, 2010. "Business Cycle Synchronization and the Euro: a Wavelet Analysis," NIPE Working Papers 36/2010, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- David J. Ramberg and John E. Parsons, 2012. "The Weak Tie Between Natural Gas and Oil Prices," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Geng, Jiang-Bo & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2016. "The impact of the North American shale gas revolution on regional natural gas markets: Evidence from the regime-switching model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 167-178.
- Brown, Stephen P.A. & Krupnick, Alan, 2010. "Abundant Shale Gas Resources: Long-Term Implications for U.S. Natural Gas Markets," Discussion Papers dp-10-41, Resources For the Future.
- Caporin, Massimiliano & Fontini, Fulvio, 2017.
"The long-run oil–natural gas price relationship and the shale gas revolution,"
Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 511-519.
- Massimiliano Caporin & Fulvio Fontini, 2015. "The Long-Run Oil-Natural Gas Price Relationship And The Shale Gas Revolution," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0198, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Brigida, Matthew, 2014. "The switching relationship between natural gas and crude oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 48-55.
- Fan, Yanqin & Gençay, Ramazan, 2010. "Unit Root Tests With Wavelets," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(05), pages 1305-1331, October.
- Aguiar-Conraria, Luís & Azevedo, Nuno & Soares, Maria Joana, 2008. "Using wavelets to decompose the time–frequency effects of monetary policy," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(12), pages 2863-2878.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:67:y:2017:i:c:p:98-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hahn Shik Lee, 2004. "International transmission of stock market movements: a wavelet analysis," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(3), pages 197-201.
- Geng, Jiang-Bo & Ji, Qiang & Fan, Ying, 2016. "The behaviour mechanism analysis of regional natural gas prices: A multi-scale perspective," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 266-277.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:68-75 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Usman Ojonugwa, 2018. "Exchange rate and oil price pass-through to inflation in BRICS countries: Evidence from the spillover index and rolling-sample analysis," Working Papers 15-45, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsC49; Q31; Oil; Natural gas prices; Shale gas revolution; Wavelet analysis;
- C49 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Other
- Q31 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Demand and Supply; Prices
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jrpoli:v:60:y:2019:i:c:p:118-124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.