Does neuroeconomics give new impetus to economic and consumer research?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bechara, Antoine & Damasio, Antonio R., 2005. "The somatic marker hypothesis: A neural theory of economic decision," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 336-372, August.
- Bettman, James R & Luce, Mary Frances & Payne, John W, 1998. " Constructive Consumer Choice Processes," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(3), pages 187-217, December.
- George Loewenstein, 2000. "Emotions in Economic Theory and Economic Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 426-432, May.
- Jon Elster, 1998. "Emotions and Economic Theory," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 36(1), pages 47-74, March.
- Hansen, Flemming, 1981. " Hemispheral Lateralization: Implications for Understanding Consumer Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 8(1), pages 23-36, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gerhard Raab & Christian Elger & Michael Neuner & Bernd Weber, 2011. "A Neurological Study of Compulsive Buying Behaviour," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 34(4), pages 401-413, December.
- Berčík, Jakub & Horská, Elena & Wang, W.Y. Regina & Chen, Ying-Chun, 2015. "How can food retailing benefit from neuromarketing research: a case of various parameters of store illumination and consumer response," 143rd Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, March 25-27, 2015, Naples, Italy 202714, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Daugherty, Terry & Hoffman, Ernest & Kennedy, Kathleen, 2016. "Research in reverse: Ad testing using an inductive consumer neuroscience approach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 3168-3176.
- Solnais, Céline & Andreu-Perez, Javier & Sánchez-Fernández, Juan & Andréu-Abela, Jaime, 2013. "The contribution of neuroscience to consumer research: A conceptual framework and empirical review," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 68-81.
- Viaggi, Davide & Mantino, Francesco & Mazzocchi, Mario & Moro, Daniele & Stefani, Gianluca, 2012. "From Agricultural to Bio-based Economics? Context, State of the Art and Challenges," Bio-based and Applied Economics Journal, Italian Association of Agricultural and Applied Economics (AIEAA), issue 1, April.
More about this item
KeywordsNeuroeconomics Consumer neuroscience Functional magnetic resonance imaging Emotions Decision-making;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:31:y:2010:i:5:p:812-817. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.