Doing good buffers against feeling bad: Prosocial impact compensates for negative task and self-evaluations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Musick, Marc A. & Wilson, John, 2003. "Volunteering and depression: the role of psychological and social resources in different age groups," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 259-269, January.
- Grant, Adam M. & Campbell, Elizabeth M. & Chen, Grace & Cottone, Keenan & Lapedis, David & Lee, Karen, 2007. "Impact and the art of motivation maintenance: The effects of contact with beneficiaries on persistence behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 53-67, May.
- Evans, Martin G., 1985. "A Monte Carlo study of the effects of correlated method variance in moderated multiple regression analysis," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 305-323, December.
- Lee, Fiona, 1997. "When the Going Gets Tough, Do the Tough Ask for Help? Help Seeking and Power Motivation in Organizations," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 336-363, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:joepsy:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:244-258 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lin, Katrina Jia & Ilies, Remus & Pluut, Helen & Pan, Su-Ying, 2017. "You are a helpful co-worker, but do you support your spouse? A resource-based work-family model of helping and support provision," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 45-58.
- Dill, Janette & Erickson, Rebecca J. & Diefendorff, James M., 2016. "Motivation in caring labor: Implications for the well-being and employment outcomes of nurses," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 99-106.
- Williams, Trenton A. & Shepherd, Dean A., 2016. "Victim entrepreneurs doing well by doing good: Venture creation and well-being in the aftermath of a resource shock," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 365-387.
More about this item
KeywordsProsocial impact Helping Affect Burnout;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:111:y:2010:i:1:p:13-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.