When the Going Gets Tough, Do the Tough Ask for Help? Help Seeking and Power Motivation in Organizations
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ashford, Susan J. & Northcraft, Gregory B., 1992. "Conveying more (or less) than we realize: The role of impression-management in feedback-seeking," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 310-334, December.
- Wanda Orlikowski, 1992. "Learning from NOTES: Organizational Issues in Groupware Implementation," Working Paper Series 134, MIT Center for Coordination Science.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- See, Kelly E. & Morrison, Elizabeth W. & Rothman, Naomi B. & Soll, Jack B., 2011. "The detrimental effects of power on confidence, advice taking, and accuracy," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 116(2), pages 272-285.
- Alison Wood Brooks & Francesca Gino & Maurice E. Schweitzer, 2015. "Smart People Ask for (My) Advice: Seeking Advice Boosts Perceptions of Competence," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(6), pages 1421-1435, June.
- Gerben S. Van der Vegt & Simon B. de Jong & J. Stuart Bunderson & Eric Molleman, 2010. "Power Asymmetry and Learning in Teams: The Moderating Role of Performance Feedback," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(2), pages 347-361, April.
- Lee, Fiona & Tiedens, Larissa Z., 2001. "Who's Being Served? "Self-Serving" Attributions in Social Hierarchies," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 254-287, March.
- Burke, Lisa A. & Moore, Jo Ellen, 1999. "Contemporary satire of corporate managers: Time to cut the boss some slack?," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 63-67.
- Jonathan R. Clark & Robert S. Huckman & Bradley R. Staats, 2013. "Learning from Customers: Individual and Organizational Effects in Outsourced Radiological Services," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 24(5), pages 1539-1557, October.
- Grant, Adam M. & Sonnentag, Sabine, 2010. "Doing good buffers against feeling bad: Prosocial impact compensates for negative task and self-evaluations," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 13-22, January.
- Zona, Fabio, 2014. "Board leadership structure and diversity over CEO time in office: A test of the evolutionary perspective on Italian firms," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 672-681.
- Caza, Brianna Barker & Tiedens, Larissa & Lee, Fiona, 2011. "Power becomes you: The effects of implicit and explicit power on the self," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 15-24, January.
- Mahajan, Ashish & Toh, Soo Min, 2014. "Facilitating expatriate adjustment: The role of advice-seeking from host country nationals," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 476-487.
- Jonathan R. Clark & Robert S. Huckman & Bradley R. Staats, 2013. "Learning from Customers: Individual and Organizational Effects in Outsourced Radiological Services," NBER Working Papers 18723, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jobhdp:v:72:y:1997:i:3:p:336-363. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/obhdp .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.