Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data
Recent advances in median regression model have made it possible to use this model for analyzing a variety of censored survival data. For inference on the model parameter vector, there are now semiparametric procedures based on normal approximation that are valid without strong conditions on the error distribution. However, the accuracy of such procedures can be quite low when the censoring proportion is high. In this paper, we propose an alternative semiparametric procedure based on the empirical likelihood. We define the empirical likelihood ratio for the parameter vector and show that its limiting distribution is a weighted sum of chi-square distributions. Numerical results from a simulation study suggest that the empirical likelihood method is more accurate than the normal approximation based method of Ying et al. (J. Amer. Statist. Assoc. 90 (1995) 178).
Volume (Year): 85 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gianfranco Adimari, 1997. "Empirical Likelihood Type Confidence Intervals Under Random Censorship," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 447-466, September.
- Song Chen, 1993. "On the accuracy of empirical likelihood confidence regions for linear regression model," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 621-637, December.
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Lai, T. L. & Ying, Z. L. & Zheng, Z. K., 1995. "Asymptotic Normality of a Class of Adaptive Statistics with Applications to Synthetic Data Methods for Censored Regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 259-279, February.
- Lai, Tze Leung & Ying, Zhiliang, 1992. "Linear rank statistics in regression analysis with censored or truncated data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 13-45, January.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:85:y:2003:i:2:p:416-430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.