Weighted composite quantile estimation and variable selection method for censored regression model
This paper considers the weighted composite quantile (WCQ) regression for linear model with random censoring. The adaptive penalized procedure for variable selection in this model is proposed, and the consistency, asymptotic normality and oracle property of the resulting estimators are also derived. The simulation studies and the analysis of an acute myocardial infarction data set are conducted to illustrate the finite sample performance of the proposed method.
Volume (Year): 82 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Wang, Huixia Judy & Wang, Lan, 2009. "Locally Weighted Censored Quantile Regression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1117-1128.
- Bai, Z. D. & Wu, Y., 1994. "Limiting Behavior of M-Estimators of Regression Coefficients in High Dimensional Linear Models I. Scale Dependent Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 211-239, November.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Tsao, Min, 2003. "Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 416-430, May.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Hao Helen Zhang & Wenbin Lu, 2007. "Adaptive Lasso for Cox's proportional hazards model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 691-703.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, February.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001. "Quantile Regression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, February.
- Cai, Zongwu, 1998. "Asymptotic properties of Kaplan-Meier estimator for censored dependent data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 381-389, March.
- Zhou, Xiuqing & Wang, Jinde, 2005. "A genetic method of LAD estimation for models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 451-466, March.
- Bai, Z. D. & Wu, Y., 1994. "Limiting Behavior of M-Estimators of Regression-Coefficients in High Dimensional Linear Models II. Scale-Invariant Case," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 240-251, November.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Hansheng Wang & Runze Li & Chih-Ling Tsai, 2007. "Tuning parameter selectors for the smoothly clipped absolute deviation method," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 553-568. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:82:y:2012:i:3:p:653-663. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.