Two step composite quantile regression for single-index models
This paper is concerned with composite quantile regression for single-index models. Under mild conditions, we show that the linear composite quantile regression offers a consistent estimate of the index parameter vector. With a root-n consistent estimate of the index vector, the unknown link function can be estimated by local composite quantile regression. This procedure enables us to reduce the computational cost and is also appealing in high-dimensional data analysis. We show that the resulting estimator of the composite quantile function performs asymptotically as efficiently as if the true value of the index vector is known. The simulation studies and real data applications are conducted to illustrate the finite sample performance of the proposed methods.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 64 (2013)
Issue (Month): C ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yu Y. & Ruppert D., 2002. "Penalized Spline Estimation for Partially Linear Single-Index Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1042-1054, December.
- Tang, Yanlin & Wang, Huixia Judy & Zhu, Zhongyi, 2013. "Variable selection in quantile varying coefficient models with longitudinal data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 435-449.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996.
"Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1772, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Imbens, Guido & Chamberlain, Gary, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," Scholarly Articles 3221493, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Jiang, Rong & Qian, Weimin & Zhou, Zhangong, 2012. "Variable selection and coefficient estimation via composite quantile regression with randomly censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 308-317.
- Yingcun Xia & Howell Tong & W. K. Li & Li-Xing Zhu, 2002. "An adaptive estimation of dimension reduction space," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(3), pages 363-410.
- Bo Kai & Runze Li & Hui Zou, 2010. "Local composite quantile regression smoothing: an efficient and safe alternative to local polynomial regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(1), pages 49-69.
- Tang, Linjun & Zhou, Zhangong & Wu, Changchun, 2012. "Weighted composite quantile estimation and variable selection method for censored regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 653-663.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, December.
- Ma, Shuangge & Kosorok, Michael R., 2005. "Robust semiparametric M-estimation and the weighted bootstrap," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 190-217, September.
- Wu, Tracy Z. & Yu, Keming & Yu, Yan, 2010. "Single-index quantile regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1607-1621, August.
- Cai, Zongwu & Xu, Xiaoping, 2008.
"Nonparametric Quantile Estimations for Dynamic Smooth Coefficient Models,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1595-1608.
- Cai, Zongwu & Xu, Xiaoping, 2009. "Nonparametric Quantile Estimations for Dynamic Smooth Coefficient Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(485), pages 371-383.
- Xiaoping Xu & Zongwu Cai, 2013. "Nonparametric Quantile Estimations For Dynamic Smooth Coefficient Models," WISE Working Papers 2013-10-14, Wang Yanan Institute for Studies in Economics (WISE), Xiamen University.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-1430, November.
- Xia, Yingcun & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Semi-parametric estimation of partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1162-1184, May.
- Yanlin Tang & Huixia Wang & Xuming He & Zhongyi Zhu, 2012. "An informative subset-based estimator for censored quantile regression," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 21(4), pages 635-655, December.
- Kong, Efang & Xia, Yingcun, 2012. "A Single-Index Quantile Regression Model And Its Estimation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 730-768, August.
- Xu, Peirong & Zhu, Lixing, 2012. "Estimation for a marginal generalized single-index longitudinal model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 285-299.
- Wang, Qihua & Xue, Liugen, 2011. "Statistical inference in partially-varying-coefficient single-index model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Wei Lin & K. B. Kulasekera, 2007. "Identifiability of single-index models and additive-index models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(2), pages 496-501.
- Keming Yu & Zudi Lu, 2004. "Local Linear Additive Quantile Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 333-346.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:64:y:2013:i:c:p:180-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.