Two step composite quantile regression for single-index models
This paper is concerned with composite quantile regression for single-index models. Under mild conditions, we show that the linear composite quantile regression offers a consistent estimate of the index parameter vector. With a root-n consistent estimate of the index vector, the unknown link function can be estimated by local composite quantile regression. This procedure enables us to reduce the computational cost and is also appealing in high-dimensional data analysis. We show that the resulting estimator of the composite quantile function performs asymptotically as efficiently as if the true value of the index vector is known. The simulation studies and real data applications are conducted to illustrate the finite sample performance of the proposed methods.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wang, Qihua & Xue, Liugen, 2011. "Statistical inference in partially-varying-coefficient single-index model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Yu Y. & Ruppert D., 2002. "Penalized Spline Estimation for Partially Linear Single-Index Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1042-1054, December.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996.
"Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1772, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Gary Chamberlain & Guido W. Imbens, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," NBER Technical Working Papers 0200, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Imbens, Guido & Chamberlain, Gary, 1996. "Nonparametric Applications of Bayesian Inference," Scholarly Articles 3221493, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Tang, Linjun & Zhou, Zhangong & Wu, Changchun, 2012. "Weighted composite quantile estimation and variable selection method for censored regression model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(3), pages 653-663.
- Jiang, Rong & Qian, Weimin & Zhou, Zhangong, 2012. "Variable selection and coefficient estimation via composite quantile regression with randomly censored data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 308-317.
- Wei Lin & K. B. Kulasekera, 2007. "Identifiability of single-index models and additive-index models," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(2), pages 496-501.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521608275 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yingcun Xia & Howell Tong & W. K. Li & Li-Xing Zhu, 2002. "An adaptive estimation of dimension reduction space," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(3), pages 363-410.
- Bo Kai & Runze Li & Hui Zou, 2010. "Local composite quantile regression smoothing: an efficient and safe alternative to local polynomial regression," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 72(1), pages 49-69.
- Keming Yu & Zudi Lu, 2004. "Local Linear Additive Quantile Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 333-346.
- Cai, Zongwu & Xu, Xiaoping, 2008. "Nonparametric Quantile Estimations for Dynamic Smooth Coefficient Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(484), pages 1595-1608.
- Xia, Yingcun & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Semi-parametric estimation of partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1162-1184, May.
- Ma, Shuangge & Kosorok, Michael R., 2005. "Robust semiparametric M-estimation and the weighted bootstrap," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(1), pages 190-217, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521845731 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yanlin Tang & Huixia Wang & Xuming He & Zhongyi Zhu, 2012. "An informative subset-based estimator for censored quantile regression," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 21(4), pages 635-655, December.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Wu, Tracy Z. & Yu, Keming & Yu, Yan, 2010. "Single-index quantile regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1607-1621, August.
- Xu, Peirong & Zhu, Lixing, 2012. "Estimation for a marginal generalized single-index longitudinal model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 105(1), pages 285-299.
- Kong, Efang & Xia, Yingcun, 2012. "A Single-Index Quantile Regression Model And Its Estimation," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(04), pages 730-768, August.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-30, November.
- Tang, Yanlin & Wang, Huixia Judy & Zhu, Zhongyi, 2013. "Variable selection in quantile varying coefficient models with longitudinal data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 435-449.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:64:y:2013:i:c:p:180-191. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.