Estimation for a marginal generalized single-index longitudinal model
In this paper, we suggest an estimating equations based approach to study a general single-index model with a given out-layer link for longitudinal data and treat the classical one as its special case. Within a wide range of bandwidths which is for estimating the inner-layer nonparametric link, the root-n consistency of the estimator of the index can be proved. The estimation efficiency can be achieved even when there is an infinite-dimensional nuisance parameter to be estimated. The performance of the new method is assessed through the comparison with other existing methods and through an application to an epileptic seizure study.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 105 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oman, Samuel D., 2009. "Easily simulated multivariate binary distributions with given positive and negative correlations," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 999-1005, February.
- Naisyin Wang & Raymond J. Carroll & Xihong Lin, 2005. "Efficient Semiparametric Marginal Estimation for Longitudinal/Clustered Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 147-157, March.
- Powell, James L & Stock, James H & Stoker, Thomas M, 1989. "Semiparametric Estimation of Index Coefficients," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(6), pages 1403-30, November.
- Yingcun Xia & Howell Tong & W. K. Li & Li-Xing Zhu, 2002. "An adaptive estimation of dimension reduction space," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(3), pages 363-410.
- Yi, Grace Y. & He, Wenqing & Liang, Hua, 2009. "Analysis of correlated binary data under partially linear single-index logistic models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(2), pages 278-290, February.
- Grace Yi & Wenqing He & Hua Liang, 2011. "Semiparametric marginal and association regression methods for clustered binary data," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 63(3), pages 511-533, June.
- Lixing Zhu & Liugen Xue, 2006. "Empirical likelihood confidence regions in a partially linear single-index model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 549-570.
- Yu Y. & Ruppert D., 2002. "Penalized Spline Estimation for Partially Linear Single-Index Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1042-1054, December.
- Naisyin Wang, 2003. "Marginal nonparametric kernel regression accounting for within-subject correlation," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(1), pages 43-52, March.
- Bai, Yang & Fung, Wing K. & Zhu, Zhong Yi, 2009. "Penalized quadratic inference functions for single-index models with longitudinal data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 152-161, January.
- Li, Yehua & Wang, Naisyin & Carroll, Raymond J., 2010. "Generalized Functional Linear Models With Semiparametric Single-Index Interactions," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 621-633.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:105:y:2012:i:1:p:285-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.