Estimation in linear regression models with measurement errors subject to single-indexed distortion
In this paper, we consider statistical inference for linear regression models when neither the response nor the predictors can be directly observed, but are measured with errors in a multiplicative fashion and distorted as single index models of observable confounding variables. We propose a semiparametric profile least squares estimation procedure to estimate the single index. Then we develop a global weighted least squares estimation procedure for parameters of linear regression models via the varying coefficient models. Asymptotic properties of the proposed estimators are established. The results combined with consistent estimators for the asymptotic variance can be employed to test whether the targeted parameters in the single index and linear regression models are significant. Finite-sample performance of the proposed estimators is assessed by simulation experiments. The proposed methods are also applied to a dataset from a Pima Indian diabetes data study.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zhang, Jun & Zhu, Li-Ping & Zhu, Li-Xing, 2012. "On a dimension reduction regression with covariate adjustment," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 39-55, February.
- Yingcun Xia & Howell Tong & W. K. Li & Li-Xing Zhu, 2002. "An adaptive estimation of dimension reduction space," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(3), pages 363-410.
- Zhu, Lixing & Lin, Lu & Cui, Xia & Li, Gaorong, 2010. "Bias-corrected empirical likelihood in a multi-link semiparametric model," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(4), pages 850-868, April.
- Lixing Zhu & Liugen Xue, 2006. "Empirical likelihood confidence regions in a partially linear single-index model," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 68(3), pages 549-570.
- Wang, Tao & Xu, Pei-Rong & Zhu, Li-Xing, 2012. "Non-convex penalized estimation in high-dimensional models with single-index structure," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 221-235.
- J. Fan & J.-T. Zhang, 2000. "Two-step estimation of functional linear models with applications to longitudinal data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(2), pages 303-322.
- Li, Gaorong & Zhu, Lixing & Xue, Liugen & Feng, Sanying, 2010. "Empirical likelihood inference in partially linear single-index models for longitudinal data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 718-732, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:59:y:2013:i:c:p:103-120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.