Analysis of correlated binary data under partially linear single-index logistic models
Clustered data arise commonly in practice and it is often of interest to estimate the mean response parameters as well as the association parameters. However, most research has been directed to address the mean response parameters with the association parameters relegated to a nuisance role. There is relatively little work concerning both the marginal and association structures, especially in the semiparametric framework. In this paper, our interest centers on the inference of both the marginal and association parameters. We develop a semiparametric method for clustered binary data and establish the theoretical results. The proposed methodology is investigated through various numerical studies.
Volume (Year): 100 (2009)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Liang H. & Wang S. & Robins J.M. & Carroll R.J., 2004. "Estimation in Partially Linear Models With Missing Covariates," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 357-367, January.
- Xia, Yingcun, 2006. "Asymptotic Distributions For Two Estimators Of The Single-Index Model," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(06), pages 1112-1137, December.
- Efang Kong & Yingcun Xia, 2007. "Variable selection for the single‐index model," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(1), pages 217-229.
- Naisyin Wang & Raymond J. Carroll & Xihong Lin, 2005. "Efficient Semiparametric Marginal Estimation for Longitudinal/Clustered Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 147-157, March.
- Lin X. & Carroll R. J., 2001. "Semiparametric Regression for Clustered Data Using Generalized Estimating Equations," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1045-1056, September.
- Sungduk Kim & Ming-Hui Chen & Dipak K. Dey, 2008. "Flexible generalized t-link models for binary response data," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 95(1), pages 93-106.
- Yi G.Y. & Cook R.J., 2002. "Marginal Methods for Incomplete Longitudinal Data Arising in Clusters," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 1071-1080, December.
- Naisyin Wang, 2003. "Marginal nonparametric kernel regression accounting for within-subject correlation," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(1), pages 43-52, March.
- Xia, Yingcun & Härdle, Wolfgang, 2006. "Semi-parametric estimation of partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 97(5), pages 1162-1184, May.
- Jianqing Fan & Runze Li, 2004. "New Estimation and Model Selection Procedures for Semiparametric Modeling in Longitudinal Data Analysis," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 710-723, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jmvana:v:100:y:2009:i:2:p:278-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.