LAD variable selection for linear models with randomly censored data
The least absolute deviations (LAD) variable selection for linear models with randomly censored data is studied through the Lasso. The proposed procedure can select significant variables in the parameters. With appropriate selection of the tuning parameters, we establish the consistency of this procedure and the oracle property of the resulting estimators. Simulation studies are conducted to compare the proposed procedure with an inverse-censoring-probability weighted LAD LASSO-estimator. Copyright Springer-Verlag 2013
Volume (Year): 76 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/journal/184/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansheng Wang & Runze Li & Chih-Ling Tsai, 2007. "Tuning parameter selectors for the smoothly clipped absolute deviation method," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 94(3), pages 553-568.
- Fan J. & Li R., 2001. "Variable Selection via Nonconcave Penalized Likelihood and its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 1348-1360, December.
- Johnson, Brent A. & Lin, D.Y. & Zeng, Donglin, 2008. "Penalized Estimating Functions and Variable Selection in Semiparametric Regression Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103, pages 672-680, June.
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Qin, Gengsheng & Tsao, Min, 2003. "Empirical likelihood inference for median regression models for censored survival data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 416-430, May.
- Zou, Hui, 2006. "The Adaptive Lasso and Its Oracle Properties," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 1418-1429, December.
- Jianqing Fan & Runze Li, 2004. "New Estimation and Model Selection Procedures for Semiparametric Modeling in Longitudinal Data Analysis," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 99, pages 710-723, January.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Zhou, Xiuqing & Wang, Jinde, 2005. "A genetic method of LAD estimation for models with censored data," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 451-466, March.
- Zhang, Hao Helen & Lu, Wenbin & Wang, Hansheng, 2010. "On sparse estimation for semiparametric linear transformation models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1594-1606, August.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1994. "Changes in the U.S. Wage Structure 1963-1987: Application of Quantile Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 405-58, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:metrik:v:76:y:2013:i:2:p:287-300. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.