A note on estimating censored quantile regressions
This note is concerned with estimating censored quantile regressions (CQR). As its major contribution, a' new algorithm, called BRCENS, is developed as an adaption of the Barrodale-Roberts algorithm for the standard quantile regression problem. In a subsequent simulation study, BRCENS performs well in comparison with the iterative linear programming algorithm (ILPA) suggested recently by Buchinsky. In the theoretical analysis, this note generalizes the asymptotic theory for estimating CQR to the case with observation specific censoring points and with fairly arbitrary non-stationarity and dependency in the data. Building on the interpolation property of the coefficient estimate, the ILPA is shown to suffer from some theoretical inconsistencies.
|Date of creation:||1994|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 7531 88 2314
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-konstanz.de/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Powell, James L., 1986. "Censored regression quantiles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 143-155, June.
- Portnoy, Stephen, 1991. "Asymptotic behavior of regression quantiles in non-stationary, dependent cases," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 100-113, July.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Buchinsky, Moshe, 1994. "Changes in the U.S. Wage Structure 1963-1987: Application of Quantile Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 405-58, March.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:koncil:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.