Global Bahadur Representation For Nonparametric Censored Regression Quantiles And Its Applications
This paper is concerned with the nonparametric estimation of regression quantiles where the response variable is randomly censored. Using results on the strong uniform convergence of U-processes, we derive a global Bahadur representation for the weighted local polynomial estimators, which is suﬃciently accurate for many further theoretical analyses including inference. We consider two applications in detail: estimation of the average derivative, and estimation of the component functions in additive quantile regression models.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
Volume (Year): 29 (2013)
Issue (Month): 05 (October)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cambridge University Press, UPH, Shaftesbury Road, Cambridge CB2 8BS UK|
Web page: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_ECT
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oliver Linton, 2001.
"Estimating additive nonparametric models by partial Lq norm: the curse of fractionality,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
319, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Linton, Oliver, 2001. "ESTIMATING ADDITIVE NONPARAMETRIC MODELS BY PARTIAL Lq NORM: THE CURSE OF FRACTIONALITY," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(06), pages 1037-1050, December.
- Kong, Efang & Linton, Oliver & Xia, Yingcun, 2010.
"Uniform Bahadur Representation For Local Polynomial Estimates Of M-Regression And Its Application To The Additive Model,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(05), pages 1529-1564, October.
- Efang Kong & Oliver Linton & Yingcun Xia, 2009. "Uniform Bahadur Representation for LocalPolynomial Estimates of M-Regressionand Its Application to The Additive Model," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 535, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Klein, R.W. & Spady, R.H., 1991.
"An Efficient Semiparametric Estimator for Binary Response Models,"
70, Bell Communications - Economic Research Group.
- Klein, Roger W & Spady, Richard H, 1993. "An Efficient Semiparametric Estimator for Binary Response Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(2), pages 387-421, March.
- Wu, Tracy Z. & Yu, Keming & Yu, Yan, 2010. "Single-index quantile regression," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(7), pages 1607-1621, August.
- Johnston, Gordon J., 1982. "Probabilities of maximal deviations for nonparametric regression function estimates," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 402-414, September.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001.
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000.
"Nonparametric censored and truncated regression,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
2060, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1237, Econometric Society.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 439, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Arthur Lewbel & Oliver Linton, 2000. "Nonparametric Censored and Truncated Regression," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 389, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Arcones, Miguel A., 1995. "A Bernstein-type inequality for U-statistics and U-processes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 239-247, February.
- De Gooijer J.G. & Zerom D., 2003. "On Additive Conditional Quantiles With High Dimensional Covariates," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 98, pages 135-146, January.
- Pakes, Ariel & Pollard, David, 1989. "Simulation and the Asymptotics of Optimization Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1027-57, September.
- Honore, Bo & Khan, Shakeeb & Powell, James L., 2002. "Quantile regression under random censoring," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 67-105, July.
- O. B. LINTON & Wolfgang HÄRDLE, 1995. "Estimation of Additive Regression Models with Links," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1995,48, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Wang, Huixia Judy & Wang, Lan, 2009. "Locally Weighted Censored Quantile Regression," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 104(487), pages 1117-1128.
- Songnian Chen & Gordon B. Dahl & Shakeeb Khan, 2005. "Nonparametric Identification and Estimation of a Censored Location-Scale Regression Model," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 212-221, March.
- Emmanuel Guerre & Camille Sabbah, 2009.
"Uniform Bias Study and Bahadur Representation for Local Polynomial Estimators of the Conditional Quantile Function,"
648, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Guerre, Emmanuel & Sabbah, Camille, 2012. "Uniform Bias Study And Bahadur Representation For Local Polynomial Estimators Of The Conditional Quantile Function," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 28(01), pages 87-129, February.
- Spierdijk, Laura, 2008. "Nonparametric conditional hazard rate estimation: A local linear approach," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 2419-2434, January.
- Yannis Bilias & Roger Koenker, 2001. "Quantile regression for duration data: A reappraisal of the Pennsylvania Reemployment Bonus Experiments," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 199-220.
- Lu, Xuewen & Cheng, Tsung-Lin, 2007. "Randomly censored partially linear single-index models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 98(10), pages 1895-1922, November.
- Powell, James L., 1984. "Least absolute deviations estimation for the censored regression model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 303-325, July.
- Keming Yu & Zudi Lu, 2004. "Local Linear Additive Quantile Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 31(3), pages 333-346.
- Alexandre Belloni & Victor Chernozhukov & Ivan Fernandez-Val, 2011. "Conditional quantile processes based on series or many regressors," CeMMAP working papers CWP19/11, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Chaudhuri, Probal, 1991. "Global nonparametric estimation of conditional quantile functions and their derivatives," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 246-269, November.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- de Uña Álvarez, Jacobo & Roca Pardiñas, Javier, 2009. "Additive models in censored regression," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 53(9), pages 3490-3501, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:etheor:v:29:y:2013:i:05:p:941-968_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.