Risk aversion and adaptive management: Insights from a multi-armed bandit model of invasive species risk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Philippe Godfroid, 2000. "Risk Aversion and the Value of Information," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(4), pages 382-388, December.
- Kaplan, Jonathan D. & Howitt, Richard E. & Farzin, Y. Hossein, 2003. "An information-theoretical analysis of budget-constrained nonpoint source pollution control," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 106-130, July.
- Garvie, Devon & Keeler, Andrew, 1994.
"Incomplete enforcement with endogenous regulatory choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 141-162, September.
- Devon Garvie & Andrew Keeler, 1993. "Incomplete Enforcement with Endogenous Regulatory Choice," Working Papers 873, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Rolf Groeneveld & Michael Springborn & Christopher Costello, 2014. "Repeated Experimentation to Learn About a Flow-Pollutant Threshold," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 58(4), pages 627-647, August.
- Kelly, David L. & Kolstad, Charles D., 1999. "Bayesian learning, growth, and pollution," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 491-518, February.
- Ronald W. Hilton, 1981. "The Determinants of Information Value: Synthesizing Some General Results," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 57-64, January.
- Craig A. Bond & John B. Loomis, 2009.
"Using Numerical Dynamic Programming to Compare Passive and Active Learning in the Adaptive Management of Nutrients in Shallow Lakes,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(4), pages 555-573, December.
- Bond, Craig A. & Loomis, John B., 2008. "Using Numerical Dynamic Programming to Compare Passive and Active Learning in the Adaptive Management of Nutrients in Shallow Lakes," Working Papers 108720, Colorado State University, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Harford, Jon D. & Harrington, Winston, 1991. "A reconsideration of enforcement leverage when penalties are restricted," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 391-395, August.
- Marshall L. Fisher, 1981. "The Lagrangian Relaxation Method for Solving Integer Programming Problems," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Dirk Bergemann & Juuso Valimaki, 2006. "Bandit Problems," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1551, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Marshall L. Fisher, 2004. "Comments on ÜThe Lagrangian Relaxation Method for Solving Integer Programming ProblemsÝ," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1872-1874, December.
- Costello, Christopher & Karp, Larry, 2004. "Dynamic taxes and quotas with learning," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 28(8), pages 1661-1680, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Springborn, Michael R. & Lindsay, Amanda R. & Epanchin-Niell, Rebecca S., 2016.
"Harnessing enforcement leverage at the border to minimize biological risk from international live species trade,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 132(PB), pages 98-112.
- Springborn, Michael R. & Lindsay, Amanda R. & Epanchin-Niell, Rebecca, 2016. "Harnessing Enforcement Leverage at the Border to Minimize Biological Risk from International Live Species Trade," Discussion Papers dp-16-34, Resources For the Future.
- repec:spr:annopr:v:261:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10479-017-2610-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:ecorec:v:93:y:2017:i:301:p:277-301 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oup:renvpo:v:12:y:2018:i:1:p:92-112. is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAdaptive management; Approximate dynamic programming; Multi-armed bandit; Decision-making under uncertainty; Bayesian learning; Invasive species; Risk aversion;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:68:y:2014:i:2:p:226-242. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.