A second look at managing import risk from invasive species
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason F. & Fischer, Carolyn, 2005.
"How trade politics affect invasive species control,"
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 305-313, February.
- Margolis, Michael & Shogren, Jason, 2004. "How Trade Politics Affect Invasive Species Control," Discussion Papers dp-04-07, Resources For the Future.
- Christopher Costello & Carol McAusland, 2003. "Protectionism, Trade, and Measures of Damage from Exotic Species Introductions," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(4), pages 964-975.
- J. N. Bhagwati & T. N. Srinivasan, 1969. "Optimal Intervention to Achieve Non-Economic Objectives," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(1), pages 27-38.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N & Ramaswami, V K & Srinivasan, T N, 1969.
"Domestic Distortions, Tariffs, and the Theory of Optimum Subsidy: Some Further Results,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 77(6), pages 1005-1010, Nov./Dec..
- J. N. Bhagwati & V. K. Ramaswami & T. N. Srinivasan, 1968. "Domestic Distortions, Tariffs and the Theory of Optimum Subsidy: Some Further Results," Working papers 29, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Costello, Christopher & Springborn, Michael & McAusland, Carol & Solow, Andrew, 2007. "Unintended biological invasions: Does risk vary by trading partner?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 262-276, November.
- McAusland, Carol & Costello, Christopher, 2004. "Avoiding invasives: trade-related policies for controlling unintentional exotic species introductions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 954-977, September.
- Shogren, Jason F. & Tschirhart, John, 2005. "Integrating ecology and economics to address bioinvasions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 267-271, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:87:y:2018:i:c:p:242-257 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dalmazzone, Silvana & Giaccaria, Sergio, 2014.
"Economic drivers of biological invasions: A worldwide, bio-geographic analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 154-165.
- Dalmazzone Silvana & Giaccaria Sergio, 2012. "Economic drivers of biological invasions: A worldwide, bio-geographical analysis," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201215, University of Turin.
- Jean-Christophe Bureau & Sébastien Jean, 2013.
"International Agricultural Trade and Negotiations : Coping with a New Landscape,"
FOODSECURE Working papers
8, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Jean-Christophe Bureau & Sébastien Jean, 2013.
"International Agricultural Trade and Negotiations : Coping with a New Landscape
[Commerce et négociations agricoles commerciales: s'ajuster au nouvel environnement]," Working Papers hal-01592099, HAL.
- Jean-Christophe Bureau & Sébastien Jean, 2013. "International Agricultural Trade and Negotiations : Coping with a New Landscape
- Ferrier, Peyton, 2014. "The Effects of Phytosanitary Regulations on U.S. Imports of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables," Economic Research Report 176199, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Michael Margolis & Jason Shogren, 2012. "Disguised Protectionism, Global Trade Rules and Alien Invasive Species," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 51(1), pages 105-118, January.
- Linda Fernandez & Glenn Sheriff, 2013.
"Optimal Border Policies for Invasive Species Under Asymmetric Information,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 56(1), pages 27-45, September.
- Linda Fernandez & Glenn Sheriff, 2010. "Optimal Border Policies for Invasive Species under Asymmetric Information," NCEE Working Paper Series 201003, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Mar 2010.
- Anke Leroux & Donald Maclaren, 2011. "The Optimal Time to Remove Quarantine Bans Under Uncertainty: The Case of Australian Bananas," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 140-152, March.
- Bate, Andrew M. & Jones, Glyn & Kleczkowski, Adam & MacLeod, Alan & Naylor, Rebecca & Timmis, Jon & Touza, Julia & White, Piran C.L., 2016. "Modelling the impact and control of an infectious disease in a plant nursery with infected plant material inputs," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 334(C), pages 27-43.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Beladi, Hamid, 2013. "Ship inspections in invasive species management: Alternate regimes and their properties," MPRA Paper 72269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giaccaria Sergio & Dalmazzone Silvana, 2010. "Socio-economic drivers of biological invasions. A worldwide, bio-geographical analysis of trade flows and local environmental quality," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201003, University of Turin.
More about this item
KeywordsFirst-best policy Import risk Invasive species Tariffs Trade policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeeman:v:56:y:2008:i:3:p:286-290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622870 .