Overexploitation of renewable resources: The role of misperceptions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-955, December.
- Diehl, Ernst & Sterman, John D., 1995. "Effects of Feedback Complexity on Dynamic Decision Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 198-215, May.
- Plott, Charles R, 1983.
"Externalities and Corrective Policies in Experimental Markets,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 93(369), pages 106-127, March.
- Plott, Charles R., "undated". "Externalities and Corrective Policies in Experimental Markets," Working Papers 180, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Sterman, John D., 1989. "Misperceptions of feedback in dynamic decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 301-335, June.
- H. Scott Gordon, 1954. "The Economic Theory of a Common-Property Resource: The Fishery," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62, pages 124-124.
- Leibenstein, Harvey & Maital, Shlomo, 1994. "The organizational foundations of X-inefficiency: A game-theoretic interpretation of Argyris' model of organizational learning," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 251-268, May.
- Walker, James M & Gardner, Roy, 1992. "Probabilistic Destruction of Common-Pool Resources: Experimental Evidence," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1149-1161, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaston Giordana & Marc Willinger, 2013. "Regulatory instruments for monitoring ambient pollution," Chapters,in: Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, chapter 7, pages 193-232 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Schnier, Kurt Erik, 2009. "Spatial externalities and the common-pool resource mechanism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 70(1-2), pages 402-415, May.
- repec:bla:sysdyn:v:32:y:2016:i:3-4:p:204-232 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Hey & Tibor Neugebauer & Abdolkarim Sadrieh, 2009.
"An Experimental Analysis of Optimal Renewable Resource Management: The Fishery,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 44(2), pages 263-285, October.
- Hey, J.D. & Neugebauer, T. & Sadrieh, A., 2002. "An Experimental Analysis of Optimal Renewable Resource Management : The Fishery," Discussion Paper 2002-37, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Tibor Neugebauer & John D. Hey & K Sadrieh, 2008. "An Experimental Analysis of Optimal Renewable Resource Management: The Fishery," LSF Research Working Paper Series 08-10, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Elsawah, Sondoss & McLucas, Alan & Mazanov, Jason, 2017. "An empirical investigation into the learning effects of management flight simulators: A mental models approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 259(1), pages 262-272.
- Gaston Giordana & Marc Willinger, 2013.
"Fixed instruments to cope with stock externalities: an experimental evaluation,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on Experimental Economics and the Environment, chapter 13, pages 367-403
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gastón Giordana & Marc Willinger, 2007. "Fixed Instruments to Cope with Stock Externalities An Experimental Evaluation," Working Papers 2007.72, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Brekke, Kjell Arne & Moxnes, Erling, 2003. "Do numerical simulation and optimization results improve management?: Experimental evidence," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 117-131, January.
- Varghese, Shalet Korattukudy & Veettil, Prakashan Chellattan & Speelman, Stijn & Buysse, Jeroen & Van Huylenbroeck, Guido, 2013. "Estimating the causal effect of water scarcity on the groundwater use efficiency of rice farming in South India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 55-64.
- Anderson, Christopher M. & Sutinen, Jon G., 2006. "The effect of initial lease periods on price discovery in laboratory tradable fishing allowance markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 164-180, October.
- Boschetti, Fabio & Richert, Claire & Walker, Iain & Price, Jennifer & Dutra, Leo, 2012. "Assessing attitudes and cognitive styles of stakeholders in environmental projects involving computer modelling," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 247(C), pages 98-111.
- repec:bla:srbeha:v:34:y:2017:i:4:p:424-439 is not listed on IDEAS
- Arango, Santiago & Moxnes, Erling, 2012. "Commodity cycles, a function of market complexity? Extending the cobweb experiment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 321-334.
- Schnier, Kurt E. & Anderson, Christopher M., 2006. "Decision making in patchy resource environments: Spatial misperception of bioeconomic models," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 61(2), pages 234-254, October.
- H. Stouten & A. Heene & X. Gellynck & H. Polet, 2008. "The effect of restrictive policy instruments on Belgian fishing fleet dynamics," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/540, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Hardcopf, Rick & Gonçalves, Paulo & Linderman, Kevin & Bendoly, Elliot, 2017. "Short-term bias and strategic misalignment in operational solutions: Perceptions, tendencies, and traps," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 258(3), pages 1004-1021.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:37:y:1998:i:1:p:107-127. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.