Product variety and market structure: A new measure and a simple test
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Strickland, Allyn D & Weiss, Leonard W, 1976. "Advertising, Concentration, and Price-Cost Margins," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1109-1121, October.
- Coase, R H, 1979. "Payola in Radio and Television Broadcasting," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 269-328, October.
- Sutton, C J, 1974. "Advertising, Concentration and Competition," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 84(333), pages 56-69, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haimanti Bhattacharya & Robert Innes, 2016.
"Concentration, Product Variety, and Entry-for-Merger: Evidence from New Product Introductions in the U.S. Food Industry,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1360-1376.
- Bhattacharya, Haumanti & Innes, Robert, 2015. "Concentration, Product Variety and Entry-for-Merger: Evidence from New Product Introductions in the U.S. Food Industry," 2016 Allied Social Sciences Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2016, San Francisco, California 212836, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chrysovalantou Milliou & Joel Sandonis, 2018.
"Manufacturer Mergers and Product Variety in Vertically Related Markets,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Chrysovalantou Milliou & Joel Sandonis, 2014. "Manufacturers Mergers and Product Variety in Vertically Related Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 4932, CESifo Group Munich.
- A. Yeşim Orhun & Sriram Venkataraman & Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 2016. "Impact of Competition on Product Decisions: Movie Choices of Exhibitors," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(1), pages 73-92, January.
- Oliver Budzinski, 2008. "Europäische Medienmärkte: Die Rolle der Wettbewerbspolitik," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200806, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Alan T. Sorensen, 2007. "Bestseller Lists And Product Variety," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 55(4), pages 715-738, December.
- In Kyung Kim, 2017. "Competition and Retailer Product Choice: Evidence from the Movie Theater Market," Working Papers 1704, Nazarbayev University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2018.
- Andrea Ordanini, 2006. "Selection models in the music industry: How a prior independent experience may affect chart success," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 30(3), pages 183-200, December.
- Bruce Seaman, 2004. "Competition and the Non-Profit Arts: The Lost Industrial Organization Agenda," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(3), pages 167-193, August.
- Straathof, Sebastiaan M., 2007. "Shannon's entropy as an index of product variety," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 297-303, February.
- Straathof, Bas, 2003. "Variety-robust axiomatic indices," Research Memorandum 028, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Straathof, Bas, 2003. "A note on Shannon’s entropy as an index of product variety," Research Memorandum 031, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Marcelo Olivares & Gérard P. Cachon, 2009. "Competing Retailers and Inventory: An Empirical Investigation of General Motors' Dealerships in Isolated U.S. Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(9), pages 1586-1604, September.
- Barnett Jonathan M., 2014. "Copyright without Creators," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 9(3), pages 389-438, January.
- Sorensen, Alan T., 2004. "Bestseller Lists and Product Variety: The Case of Book Sales," Research Papers 1878, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Cédric Ceulemans & Victor Ginsburgh & Juan Prieto-Rodríguez & Sheila Weyers, 2018. "One Hundred Years of Solitude Bestsellers in the United States, 1900-1999," Working Papers ECARES 2018-26, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Randal Watson, 2009. "Product Variety And Competition In The Retail Market For Eyeglasses," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(2), pages 217-251, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:32:y:1997:i:2:p:207-214. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.