Climate tipping points and solar geoengineering
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Naevdal, Eric & Oppenheimer, Michael, 2007. "The economics of the thermohaline circulation--A problem with multiple thresholds of unknown locations," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 262-283, November.
- Kolstad, Charles D., 1996. "Learning and Stock Effects in Environmental Regulation: The Case of Greenhouse Gas Emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 1-18, July.
- Naevdal, Eric, 2006. "Dynamic optimisation in the presence of threshold effects when the location of the threshold is uncertain - with an application to a possible disintegration of the Western Antarctic Ice Sheet," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1131-1158, July.
- J. Bickel & Shubham Agrawal, 2013. "Reexamining the economics of aerosol geoengineering," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 119(3), pages 993-1006, August.
- Heutel, Garth & Moreno-Cruz, Juan & Shayegh, Soheil, 2018.
"Solar geoengineering, uncertainty, and the price of carbon,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 24-41.
- Garth Heutel & Juan Moreno Cruz & Soheil Shayegh, 2015. "Solar Geoengineering, Uncertainty, and the Price of Carbon," NBER Working Papers 21355, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gramstad, Kjetil & Tjøtta, Sigve, 2010. "Climate Engineering: Cost benefit and beyond," Working Papers in Economics 05/10, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- Johannes Emmerling & Massimo Tavoni, 2013. "Geoengineering and Abatement: A “flat” Relationship under Uncertainty," Working Papers 2013.31, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Juan Moreno-Cruz & David Keith, 2013. "Climate policy under uncertainty: a case for solar geoengineering," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 431-444, December.
- Soheil Shayegh & Valerie Thomas, 2015. "Adaptive stochastic integrated assessment modeling of optimal greenhouse gas emission reductions," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 2013.
"Climate Change Policy: What Do the Models Tell Us?,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 860-872, September.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 2013. "Climate Change Policy: What Do the Models Tell Us?," NBER Working Papers 19244, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Derek Lemoine & Christian Traeger, 2014. "Watch Your Step: Optimal Policy in a Tipping Climate," American Economic Journal: Economic Policy, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 137-166, February.
- Marlos Goes & Nancy Tuana & Klaus Keller, 2011. "The economics (or lack thereof) of aerosol geoengineering," Climatic Change, Springer, vol. 109(3), pages 719-744, December.
- Nordhaus, William D, 1993. "Optimal Greenhouse-Gas Reductions and Tax Policy in the "Dice" Model," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(2), pages 313-317, May.
- Yongyang Cai & Kenneth L. Judd & Thomas S. Lontzek, 2013. "The Social Cost of Stochastic and Irreversible Climate Change," NBER Working Papers 18704, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barrett, S. & Lenton, T.M. & Millner, A. & Tavoni, A. & Carpenter, S.R. & Anderies, J.M. & Chapin III, F.S. & Crépin, A.S. & Daily, G. & Ehrlich, P. & Folke, C. & Galaz, V. & Hughes, T.P. & Kautsky, N, 2014. "Climate engineering reconsidered," Other publications TiSEM 880b526e-6ba9-4e48-8463-1, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- David G. Victor, 2008. "On the regulation of geoengineering," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(2), pages 322-336, Summer.
- Scott Barrett, 2008. "The Incredible Economics of Geoengineering," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 39(1), pages 45-54, January.
- Moreno-Cruz, Juan B., 2015. "Mitigation and the geoengineering threat," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 248-263.
- Baker, Erin & Solak, Senay, 2011. "Climate change and optimal energy technology R&D policy," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 213(2), pages 442-454, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johannes Emmerling & Vassiliki Manoussi & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2016.
"Climate Engineering under Deep Uncertainty and Heterogeneity,"
2016.52, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Emmerling, Johannes & Manoussi, Vassiliki & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2016. "Climate Engineering under Deep Uncertainty and Heterogeneity," MITP: Mitigation, Innovation,and Transformation Pathways 244329, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Garth Heutel & Juan Moreno-Cruz & Katharine Ricke, 2016. "Climate Engineering Economics," Annual Review of Resource Economics, Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 99-118, October.
- repec:eee:reecon:v:71:y:2017:i:2:p:212-224 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSolar geoengineering; Climate tipping points; Climate policy;
- C6 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling
- D6 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics
- D8 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty
- D9 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q58 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environmental Economics: Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jeborg:v:132:y:2016:i:pb:p:19-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo .