Do entrepreneurial goals matter? Resource allocation in new owner-managed firms
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scott Morton, Fiona M & Podolny, Joel M, 2002. "Love or Money? The Effects of Owner Motivation in the California Wine Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 431-456, December.
- Carter, Nancy M. & Gartner, William B. & Shaver, Kelly G. & Gatewood, Elizabeth J., 2003. "The career reasons of nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 13-39, January.
- Enrico Santarelli & Marco Vivarelli, 2007.
"Entrepreneurship and the process of firms’ entry, survival and growth,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 455-488, June.
- Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2006. "Entrepreneurship and the Process of Firms’ Entry, Survival and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 2475, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Ucbasaran, Deniz & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Flores, Manuel, 2010.
"The nature of entrepreneurial experience, business failure and comparative optimism,"
Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 541-555, November.
- Deniz Ucbasaran & Paul Westhead & Mike Wright & Manuel Flores, 2010. "The nature of entrepreneurial experience, business failure and comparative optimism," Post-Print hal-02312593, HAL.
- Reynolds, Paul D. & Curtin, Richard T., 2008. "Business Creation in the United States: Panel Study of Entrepreneurial Dynamics II Initial Assessment," Foundations and Trends(R) in Entrepreneurship, now publishers, vol. 4(3), pages 155-307, January.
- DeTienne, Dawn R. & Shepherd, Dean A. & De Castro, Julio O., 2008. "The fallacy of "only the strong survive": The effects of extrinsic motivation on the persistence decisions for under-performing firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 528-546, September.
- Ucbasaran, Deniz & Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike, 2009. "The extent and nature of opportunity identification by experienced entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 99-115, March.
- Karen A. Campbell, 2009. "Entrepreneurial Behavior and the Development of Trading Institutions: An Analytical Approach," Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics (JITE), Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 165(3), pages 487-507, September.
- Åstebro, Thomas & Thompson, Peter, 2011. "Entrepreneurs, Jacks of all trades or Hobos?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 637-649, June.
- Gatewood, Elizabeth J. & Shaver, Kelly G. & Gartner, William B., 1995. "A longitudinal study of cognitive factors influencing start-up behaviors and success at venture creation," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 371-391, September.
- Levesque, Moren & Shepherd, Dean A. & Douglas, Evan J., 2002. "Employment or self-employment: A dynamic utility-maximizing model," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 189-210, May.
- Kaufmann, Patrick J., 1999. "Franchising and the choice of self-employment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 345-362, July.
- KruegerJR, Norris F. & Reilly, Michael D. & Carsrud, Alan L., 2000. "Competing models of entrepreneurial intentions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 411-432.
- Arnold C. Cooper & William C. Dunkelberg, 1986. "Entrepreneurship and paths to business ownership," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 53-68, January.
- Donald Bruce & Mohammed Mohsin, 2006. "Tax Policy and Entrepreneurship: New Time Series Evidence," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 409-425, June.
- Mark Casson (ed.), 1990. "Entrepreneurship," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 537.
- Tobias J. Moskowitz & Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, 2002.
"The Returns to Entrepreneurial Investment: A Private Equity Premium Puzzle?,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 745-778, September.
- Tobias J. Moskowitz & Annette Vissing-Jorgensen, 2002. "The Returns to Entrepreneurial Investment: A Private Equity Premium Puzzle?," NBER Working Papers 8876, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Minniti, Maria & Lévesque, Moren, 2008. "Recent developments in the economics of entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 603-612, November.
- Townsend, David M. & Busenitz, Lowell W. & Arthurs, Jonathan D., 2010. "To start or not to start: Outcome and ability expectations in the decision to start a new venture," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 192-202, March.
- Cassar, Gavin & Craig, Justin, 2009. "An investigation of hindsight bias in nascent venture activity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 149-164, March.
- Parker,Simon C., 2006.
"The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521030632, September.
- Parker,Simon C., 2004. "The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521828130, September.
- Shane, Scott & Kolvereid, Lars & Westhead, Paul, 1991. "An exploratory examination of the reasons leading to new firm formation across country and gender," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(6), pages 431-446, November.
- Westhead, Paul & Wright, Mike & Ucbasaran, Deniz, 2001. "The internationalization of new and small firms: A resource-based view," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 333-358, July.
- Birley, Sue & Westhead, Paul, 1994. "A taxonomy of business start-up reasons and their impact on firm growth and size," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 7-31, January.
- Woo, Carolyn Y. & Cooper, Arnold C. & Dunkelberg, William C., 1991. "The development and interpretation of entrepreneurial typologies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 93-114, March.
- Chua, Jess H. & Chrisman, James J. & Kellermanns, Franz & Wu, Zhenyu, 2011. "Family involvement and new venture debt financing," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 472-488, July.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- DeTienne, Dawn R. & McKelvie, Alexander & Chandler, Gaylen N., 2015. "Making sense of entrepreneurial exit strategies: A typology and test," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 255-272.
- Mohd Hizam Hanafiah & Sh. Usman Yousaf, 2016. "The Goal Attainment and Future Direction of Business among SME Entrepreneurs," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 12(3), pages 5-17, JUNE.
- Saša Zupan Korže & Sonja Sibila Lebe, 2017. "Types of Entrepreneurs in Small Hotels in Slovenia," Academica Turistica - Tourism and Innovation Journal, University of Primorska Press, vol. 10(2), pages 129-140.
- repec:dug:journl:y:2016:i:3:p:5-17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Buck, Trevor & Fletcher, Margaret & Li, Nicolas, 2016. "The motivation of international entrepreneurship: The case of Chinese transnational entrepreneurs," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1103-1113.
- José Ernesto Amorós & Rodrigo Basco & Gianni Romaní, 2016. "Determinants of early internationalization of new firms: the case of Chile," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 283-307, March.
- Strese, Steffen & Gebhard, Philipp & Feierabend, David & Brettel, Malte, 2018. "Entrepreneurs' perceived exit performance: Conceptualization and scale development," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 351-370.
- Yu-Te Liu, 2019. "Exploring the role of original aspiration in effectuation tendency," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 977-1016, September.
- Watson, John & Stuetzer, Michael & Zolin, Roxanne, 2017. "Female underperformance or goal-oriented behavior?," MPRA Paper 88403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maurizio Massaro & Filippo Zanin & Roland Bardy, 2014. "Levers of control and knowledge sharing in alliances among Large Firms and Small Firms in the pharmaceutical industry," MANAGEMENT CONTROL, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(2), pages 121-142.
- William Stull, 2014. "Taking the Plunge: Teaching the Microeconomics of Entrepreneurship," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 20(2), pages 139-150, May.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:20:y:2014:i:2:p:139-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Tianchen Li, 2019. "Engagement in international entrepreneurship: interactive effects of resource-based factors and institutional environments," Journal of Global Entrepreneurship Research, Springer;UNESCO Chair in Entrepreneurship, vol. 9(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Antonia Mercedes García-Cabrera & María Gracia García-Soto & Juan José Durán-Herrera, 2016. "Opportunity motivation and SME internationalisation in emerging countries: Evidence from entrepreneurs’ perception of institutions," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 879-910, September.
- Sirén, Charlotta & Parida, Vinit & Frishammar, Johan & Wincent, Joakim, 2020. "Time and time-based organizing of innovation: Influence of temporality on entrepreneurial firms’ performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 23-32.
- Daniela Bolzani & Maw Der Foo, 2018. "The “why” of international entrepreneurship: uncovering entrepreneurs’ personal values," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 639-666, October.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; Small business; New firms; Owner goals; Resource allocation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbvent:v:28:y:2013:i:2:p:225-240. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.