The international marketing strategy modeling of leisure farm
This study considers the role of international marketing strategy and its relation to marketing performance in the leisure farm context. Knowledge of this important domain of international marketing strategy and performance remains limited, and a number of important questions concerning what the effective international marketing strategies for attracting foreign visitors are need answers. This study attempts to identify important external environment forces, international marketing strategies, and performance in the leisure farm context. This study empirically uses mail survey data from 212 leisure farms and tests predicted relationships by using multiple regression analysis (MRA) and fuzzy-set qualitative comparative analysis method (FsQCA). Findings from the research sample support the argument that government assistance, international promotion strategy, product strategy, and economic environment are the key antecedents of organizational performance. Building on the research results, the study develops the international marketing plan for the leisure farm. The study also discusses policy and managerial implications of research findings.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 69 (2016)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Erin Anderson & Hubert Gatignon, 1986. "Modes of Foreign Entry: A Transaction Cost Analysis and Propositions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 17(3), pages 1-26, September.
- Manu, Franklyn A. & Sriram, Ven, 1996. "Innovation, marketing strategy, environment, and performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 79-91, January.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Franklyn A Manu, 1992. "Innovation Orientation, Environment and Performance: A Comparison of U.S. and European Markets," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 23(2), pages 333-359, June.
- Capriello, Antonella & Mason, Peyton R. & Davis, Boyd & Crotts, John C., 2013. "Farm tourism experiences in travel reviews: A cross-comparison of three alternative methods for data analysis," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(6), pages 778-785.
- Michel Laroche & V H Kirpalani & Frank Pons & Lianxi Zhou, 2001. "A Model of Advertising Standardization in Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(2), pages 249-266, June.
- Masaaki Kotabe & Janet Y Murray, 1990. "Linking Product and Process Innovations and Modes of International Sourcing in Global Competition: A Case of Foreign Multinational Firms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(3), pages 383-408, September.
- Robert G Cooper & Elko J Kleinschmidt, 1985. "The Impact of Export Strategy on Export Sales Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 16(1), pages 37-55, March.
- Robert E. Morgan & Pierre Berthon, 2008. "Market Orientation, Generative Learning, Innovation Strategy and Business Performance Inter-Relationships in Bioscience Firms," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(8), pages 1329-1353, December.
- Hult, G. Tomas M. & Cravens, David W. & Sheth, Jagdish, 2001. "Competitive advantage in the global marketplace: a focus on marketing strategy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Fariborz Damanpour & Richard M. Walker & Claudia N. Avellaneda, 2009. "Combinative Effects of Innovation Types and Organizational Performance: A Longitudinal Study of Service Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 650-675, June.
- Hsu, Shih-Yun & Dehuang, Ning & Woodside, Arch G., 2009. "Storytelling research of consumers' self-reports of urban tourism experiences in China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(12), pages 1223-1254, December.
- Carlsson, Johan & Nordegren, Axel & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2005.
"International experience and the performance of Scandinavian firms in China,"
International Business Review,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-40, February.
- Carlsson, Johan & Nordegren, Axel & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2004. "International Experience and the Performance of Scandinavian Firms in China," EIJS Working Paper Series 188, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:69:y:2016:i:4:p:1345-1350. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.