Global marketing strategy modeling of high tech products
This study considers the role of global marketing strategy and its relation to market orientation, international experience, and performance in the high tech products context. Knowledge of this important domain of global marketing strategy and performance remains limited. In this respect, the study raises a number of important questions concerning how market orientation, international experience and global marketing strategy impact performance. The study empirically tests predictions of relationships by using mail survey data from 172 business units of high tech firms. Findings from the research sample support the argument that market orientation, international experience, and global marketing strategy are the key antecedents of organizational performance. Market orientation and international experience influence global marketing. The article concludes with theoretical and managerial implications of the research findings.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kendall Roth & David M Schweiger & Allen J Morrison, 1991. "Global Strategy Implementation at the Business Unit Level: Operational Capabilities and Administrative Mechanisms," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 22(3), pages 369-402, September.
- Lee Cronbach, 1951. "Coefficient alpha and the internal structure of tests," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 297-334, September.
- Michel Laroche & V H Kirpalani & Frank Pons & Lianxi Zhou, 2001. "A Model of Advertising Standardization in Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(2), pages 249-266, June.
- Borges, Mauro & Hoppen, Norberto & Luce, Fernando Bins, 2009. "Information technology impact on market orientation in e-business," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(9), pages 883-890, September.
- Kendall Roth, 1992. "International Configuration and Coordination Archetypes for Medium-Sized Firms in Global Industries," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(3), pages 533-549, September.
- S Tamer Cavusgil & Shaoming Zou & G M Naidu, 1993. "Product and Promoting Adaptation in Export Ventures: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(3), pages 479-506, September.
- Carlsson, Johan & Nordegren, Axel & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2004.
"International Experience and the Performance of Scandinavian Firms in China,"
EIJS Working Paper Series
188, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Carlsson, Johan & Nordegren, Axel & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 2005. "International experience and the performance of Scandinavian firms in China," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 21-40, February.
- Hult, G. Tomas M. & Cravens, David W. & Sheth, Jagdish, 2001. "Competitive advantage in the global marketplace: a focus on marketing strategy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Conduit, Jodie & Mavondo, Felix T., 2001. "How critical is internal customer orientation to market orientation?1," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 11-24, January.
- Robert G Cooper & Elko J Kleinschmidt, 1985. "The Impact of Export Strategy on Export Sales Performance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 37-55, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbrese:v:64:y:2011:i:11:p:1229-1233. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.