Are RTA agreements with environmental provisions reducing emissions?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Bertrand & Habib Zitouna, 2008.
"Domestic versus cross-border acquisitions: which impact on the target firms' performance?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(17), pages 2221-2238.
- Bertrand, Olivier & Zitouna, Habib, 2005. "Domestic versus Cross-Border Acquisitions: Which Impact on the Target Frims' Performance?," Working Paper Series 647, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Maruotti, Antonello, 2011.
"The impact of urbanization on CO2 emissions: Evidence from developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1344-1353, May.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2008. "The Impact of Urbanization on CO2 Emissions: Evidence from Developing Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 2377, CESifo Group Munich.
- Inmaculada Martínez-Zarzoso, 2008. "The Impact of Urbanization on CO2 Emissions: Evidence from Developing Countries," Working Papers 2008.50, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- de Sousa, José, 2012.
"The currency union effect on trade is decreasing over time,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(3), pages 917-920.
- De Sousa, Jose, 2011. "The currency union effect on trade is decreasing over time," MPRA Paper 35448, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Grossman, G.M & Krueger, A.B., 1991.
"Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement,"
158, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Krueger, Alan B, 1992. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 644, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1991. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," NBER Working Papers 3914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baier, Scott L. & Bergstrand, Jeffrey H., 2009. "Estimating the effects of free trade agreements on international trade flows using matching econometrics," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 63-76, February.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Edwards, Sebastian, 1998.
"Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 383-398, March.
- Sebastian Edwards, 1997. "Openness, Productivity and Growth: What Do We Really Know?," NBER Working Papers 5978, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097 Elsevier.
- Richard T. Carson, 2010. "The Environmental Kuznets Curve: Seeking Empirical Regularity and Theoretical Structure," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 4(1), pages 3-23, Winter.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1995. "Natural and Quasi-experiments in Economics," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, April.
- Cole, Matthew A. & Elliott, Robert J. R., 2003. "Determining the trade-environment composition effect: the role of capital, labor and environmental regulations," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 363-383, November.
- Jeffrey D. Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995.
"Economic Reform and the Process of Global Integration,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 26(1, 25th A), pages 1-118.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Andrew Warner, 1995. "Economic Reform and the Progress of Global Integration," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1733, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Judith M. Dean, 2002. "Does trade liberalization harm the environment? A new test," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 35(4), pages 819-842, November.
- Managi, Shunsuke & Hibiki, Akira & Tsurumi, Tetsuya, 2009.
"Does trade openness improve environmental quality?,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 346-363, November.
- MANAGI Shunsuke & HIBIKI Akira & TSURUMI Tetsuya, 2008. "Does Trade Liberalization Reduce Pollution Emissions?," Discussion papers 08013, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Egger, Hartmut & Egger, Peter & Greenaway, David, 2008. "The trade structure effects of endogenous regional trade agreements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 278-298, March.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Werner Antweiler & Brian R. Copeland & M. Scott Taylor, 2001. "Is Free Trade Good for the Environment?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 877-908, September.
- Francisco Rodriguez & Dani Rodrik, 2001.
"Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Skeptic's Guide to the Cross-National Evidence,"
NBER Chapters,in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2000, Volume 15, pages 261-338
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodríguez, Francisco & Rodrik, Dani, 1999. "Trade Policy and Economic Growth: A Sceptic's Guide to the Cross-National Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2143, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Baier, Scott L. & Bergstrand, Jeffrey H., 2004. "Economic determinants of free trade agreements," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 29-63, October.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2005.
"Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment? Sorting Out the Causality,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 85-91, February.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2002. "Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment? Sorting Out the Causality," NBER Working Papers 9201, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Rose, Andrew K., 2003. "Is Trade Good or Bad for the Environment? Sorting Out the Causality," Working Paper Series rwp03-038, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Badinger, Harald, 2008. "Trade policy and productivity," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(5), pages 867-891, July.
- David I. Stern, 2005. "The Effect of NAFTA on Energy and Environmental Efficiency in Mexico," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0511, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Dollar, David, 1992. "Outward-Oriented Developing Economies Really Do Grow More Rapidly: Evidence from 95 LDCs, 1976-1985," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40(3), pages 523-544, April.
- Michael E. Porter & Claas van der Linde, 1995. "Toward a New Conception of the Environment-Competitiveness Relationship," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(4), pages 97-118, Fall.
- Dan Ben-David, 1993. "Equalizing Exchange: Trade Liberalization and Income Convergence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 653-679.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Derek Kellenberg & Arik Levinson, 2016.
"Misreporting Trade: Tariff Evasion, Corruption, and Auditing Standards,"
NBER Working Papers
22593, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Derek Kellenberg & Arik Levinson, 2017. "Misreporting Trade: Tariff Evasion, Corruption, and Auditing Standards," Working Papers gueconwpa~17-17-03, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00999 is not listed on IDEAS
- Thais NUNEZ-ROCHA & Inmaculada MARTíNEZ-ZARZOSO, 2018. "Is National Environmental Legislation Affecting Emissions?," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 2505, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Fujii, Hidemichi & Managi, Shunsuke, 2015. "Optimal production resource reallocation for CO2 emissions reduction in manufacturing sectors," MPRA Paper 64703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thais Nuñez-Rocha, 2016.
"Waste haven effect: unwrapping the impact of environmental regulation,"
Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Thais Nuñez-Rocha, 2016. "Waste haven effect: unwrapping the impact of environmental regulation," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 16047, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Iris Butzlaff & Nicole Grunewald & Stephan Klasen, 2013. "Regional Agreements to Address Climate Change: Scope, Promise, Funding, and Impacts," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 152, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10640-015-9975-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aller, Carlos & Ductor, Lorenzo & Herrerias, M.J., 2015. "The world trade network and the environment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(PA), pages 55-68.
- Egger, Peter & Tarlea, Filip, 2017. "Comparing Apples to Apples: Estimating Consistent Partial Effects of Preferential Economic Integration Agreements," CEPR Discussion Papers 11894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:83:y:2017:i:c:p:50-67 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01339837 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fiankor, Dela-Dem Doe & Ehrich, Malte & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2016. "EU-African Regional Trade Agreements as a Development Tool to Reduce EU Border Rejections," Discussion Papers 244352, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Oueslati, Walid, 2016. "Are deep and comprehensive regional trade agreements helping to reduce air pollution?," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 292, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:inecon:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:82-98 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:revint:v:13:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11558-018-9301-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Roy, Jayjit, 2017.
"On the environmental consequences of intra-industry trade,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 50-67.
- Jayjit Roy, 2015. "On the Environmental Consequences of Intra-Industry Trade," Working Papers 15-01, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional trade agreements; Environmental provisions; Convergence; CO2 emissions; Matching; Difference-in-differences;
- F - International Economics
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- Q43 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Energy and the Macroeconomy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:inecon:v:90:y:2013:i:2:p:378-390. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505552 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.